1227 users online (229 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Desiree Colon, 14, Elizabeth, 29 June 2016

Missing 14-Year-Old Teen Reported in Elizabeth

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/eli...-year-old-teen
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

More here:
    http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/20...jersey_ga.html

"Desire Colon, 14, was last seen on security cameras walking over a bridge between the mall and the New Jersey Turnpike shortly after noon, said her mom, Suzanne Santos. "

Thanks for posting this! I've asked to have this moved to the regular missing section.

I am assuming this is where she was last seen on camera. I am familiar with this area. It's an outlet mall for higher end stores right next to the airport.
    The sidewalk ends at this location, which is worrisome in that she probably would have started getting nervous about continuing to walk since it begins to feel like a highway without pedestrian access. In which case drivers who spotted her would notice her, for better or worse, and assume she was lost ( -and maybe likely to accept a ride ). There's also a lot of truck activity here since it's a port area with heavy shipping and industrial commerce. I hope this gets a lot of coverage since that's a very busy overpass and lots of people were bound to have seen her.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6619...7i13312!8i6656

What made her leave? Does she have a phone? Was she meeting up w someone?

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    What made her leave? Does she have a phone? Was she meeting up w someone?
    The NJ.com article says she was dropped off at the mall by her mom, and she was supposed to meet her mom's cousin 15 minutes later at the store in the mall the cousin works at (Cohoes) when her cousin was due to get off work. The mall cameras seem to show her searching for the relative she was supposed to meet. I'm guessing that she didn't have a phone since there is no mention in the article of her trying to call anyone for a ride or contact the cousin, her mother, etc. to tell them she couldn't find the cousin.

The last time she was spotted on camera so far was a little ways down the road from the mall, walking (I linked to the area above on google maps).

I'm wondering where she planned on walking to- if there was a certain friend or relative's place she thought she could make it to, or if she was searching for a bus stop.

Yes, I read and understood that. I just don't know what made her take off walking

Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    The NJ.com article says she was dropped off at the mall by her mom, and she was supposed to meet her mom's cousin 15 minutes later at the store in the mall the cousin works at (Cohoes) when her cousin was due to get off work. The mall cameras seem to show her searching for the relative she was supposed to meet. I'm guessing that she didn't have a phone since there is no mention in the article of her trying to call anyone for a ride or contact the cousin, her mother, etc. to tell them she couldn't find the cousin.

The last time she was spotted on camera so far was a little ways down the road from the mall, walking (I linked to the area above on google maps).

I'm wondering where she planned on walking to- if there was a certain friend or relative's place she thought she could make it to, or if she was searching for a bus stop.

her posting on the Missing in America facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/MISSINGpers...type=3&theater

It sounds like people have been rallying to search for her in the area, I hope there are some foot searches where she was last seen on camera in the event she cut through some of the marshland or otherwise tried to walk to wherever she was headed - the roads in the area are more like highways and onramps so inhospitable to a pedestrian once the sidewalk ends.

There also seems to be a rumor that she was spotted on first street in Elizabeth (not terribly far from where she was last seen on the overpass) with another young woman, but again, that's just rumor as far as I can tell.

I wonder if she has ever been dropped off before to meet the cousin in the past? Was she familiar with the mall? She looks very mature for 14.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bumping for Desire.

Hoping that a foot search has been organized in the area and/or LE is flying drones or helicopters over the land around where she was last seen just in case she's injured and not visible- off the road in some of the underbrush or weeds nearby.

... she may be in the Brooklyn area.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/westfiel...hopping-center

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    ... she may be in the Brooklyn area.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/westfiel...hopping-center
    This article refers to her as a 5'9" woman. I don't care how tall she is, but she's a CHILD. :-(

I did see on the postings that she may be in Brooklyn.

My big fear is that the potential sighting or her on First Street in Elizabeth with another girl and the possibility of her being in Brooklyn stop ground searches in the area around the mall where she was last seen on camera. I've just followed too many cases here where the person who vanished was later found near their car/house etc. even though there were reports of them potentially being elsewhere. Time is running out for this poor girl if she's down an embankment or in foliage and injured. I really wish they'd get some search dogs out there and walk a grid if they haven't already.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast