Thread: OH - Robert S. Mohney, 29, Westerville, 1996

OH - Robert S. Mohney, 29, Westerville, 1996

Police said Mohney returned home from work two days earlier, prepared dinner and was in the process of eating when he left the house in his red 1995 Pontiac Firebird.

Mohney left the house without his wallet. He never returned home and has not been heard from since.

Police believe Mohney, who would have turned 37 April 5, was a victim of foul play. His vehicle was found parked above the Hoover Reservoir a few days after his disappearance, but his body has never been recovered.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/2963839/detail.html

Now, police and Central Ohio Crime Stoppers are working with a Philadelphia man who has offered huge cash rewards in other local and international cases.

Police said Friday that they are trying to secure a major reward in hopes of enticing people to talk.

Police said they have a suspect, but need more information. That's why they approached Crime Stoppers and reward benefactor Joe Mammana.

"We're hoping that enough money is put out there that it's going to get those last pieces of information and help us put this to rest," King said.

Mammana is considering making a $100,000 reward available. Detectives believe that money would light up a pathway, identifying Mohney's killer.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5146961/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Several local families gathered Tuesday night to thank a stranger who offered his help in their time of need.

Those families met Joe Mammana, a Philadelphia man who first made headlines by posting a $100,000 reward in the Natalee Holloway case, where the college student was reported missing in Aruba.

Westerville police hoped Mammana would also extend an increased reward in Rob Mohney's case. During his visit, Mammana agreed to offer the reward in that case.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5175880/de...s=col&psp=news
    Picture of Joe Mammana at link if you are curious
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

My mother's 2nd husband, whom she married, late in life, about 5 years after my father died, was named Harry Mohney. Harry was part of a very large family, spread throughout Ohio, and Pennsylvania. I don't doubt that this young man was probably part of that extended Mohney family.

I so hope this increase in reward will help solve this man's disappearance.
    Thanks Joe!

JMHO
    fran

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

The Knox County Sheriff's Office said Friday it is trying to identify a decomposed body of a man found in a wooded area.

The sheriff said two people found the body of a man Friday afternoon off Millwood Road.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5202032/detail.html

Wonder if this is it. I checked yahoo maps and it is 36.1 miles from the center of Delaware Ohio to the center of Mt. Vernon Ohio. Mt Vernon is the capital of Know County.
    If so can it be an odd coincidence that the body gets found within a week of the publication of the reward?

News article: Police are using a backhoe to dig for evidence on some farmland near Mohney's house. This same land used to be residential property.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...n.html?sid=102
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Rob Mohney was reported missing 16 years ago today.

Where are you Rob?
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Here is Rob's Charley Project page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ey_robert.html

His 47th birthday would be April 5th.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.