964 users online (210 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

ND - Zachary Baldwin, 30, Wlliston, 26 June 2016

Search continues for Williams County man missing since Sunday

http://www.kxnet.com/story/32353140/...g-since-sunday
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.willistonherald.com/baldw...25e62ebe8.html

Despite the efforts of dozens who combed hundreds of miles in Williams County on Saturday, there is still no sign of a man who went missing about a week ago after leaving home on his motorcycle.

I'm glad to see they are searching with horseback and ATVs. We just recently had a similar scenario in Michigan in the past few weeks. The missing man was ultimately found in a deep, weed-covered ditch.

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/sh...torcycle-crash

According to his Facebook page, there is a search planned again for today.

https://m.facebook.com/Help-Find-Zac...9439767088946/

Last edited by SheWill; 07-07-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Authorities do not believe foul play is involved, or that Zackary crashed his motorcycle, but they stress nothing has been ruled in or out.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...aldwin-n607296

Very strange. He prepares the birthday party for his twin boys and then disappears. How long had he had the motorcycle? Wife said it was a new hobby. Was the purchase the beginning of the plan to evaporate into thin air? I guess if one was voluntarily wanting to leave his current life, a motorcycle would be easier to conceal than a car.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

I think he did crash and is obscured in some way. that teen couple in VA was missing for awhile before they were found in a remote creek with the crashed bike nearby.

they say they don't "think" he crashed, probably because there was no evidence of such, but if he never braked or hit any guardrail, there wouldn't be any evidence. and new hobby = novice rider.

I think so too. I Google mapped the general area and there seems to be a lot of waterways, lakes. I wonder if he happened to take a ride around the lake, hit a rock or stump, and ended up in the water.

from williston, cant think of many areas where you could fall into water with a motorcycle from the road unnoticed.
    Crossing the missouri there is a big secure bridge with a 100 foot drop into water, its a busy road,US hwy 85, can't believe someone wouldn't see something like that.
    Crossing the muddy in williston, is a big drop also,secure bridge with 10 foot pillars, maybe 40 feet, another busy road,
    Gravel roads in area, avoid the water, ground is pretty flat overall, off the roads is generally a soft sloping ditch.
    There are some deep ditches off some gravel roads on east williston.

Thank you for that info, mrkyle. The reason I mentioned that was in one of the newspaper articles showed a searcher walking along what appeared to be a lake/pond.

yep plenty of lakes, ponds, but roads kinda stay away from them
    there is a place springbrook dam, that is basically on the water, an light traffic

WILLISTON, N.D.—It's been more than three weeks since Zackary Baldwin disappeared while on a motorcycle ride, and Jessica Baldwin continues to search. She still has help from volunteers, but the numbers that turned out early this month to scour roadsides and rough terrain have dwindled. Despite the time that's passed, Baldwin remains determined to find her husband, and is convinced that he is somewhere close to their home about six miles west of Williston.
    http://www.wday.com/news/4077488-wee...e-can-be-found

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Search still on for motorcyclist missing since June
    Despite a waning local response to calls for volunteer searchers, the hunt for a Williams County motorcyclist who went missing nearly two months ago is continuing.
    This week, a drone operator covered hundreds of miles of territory from an aerial perspective. Rob Pendleton, a member of United Legacy, a Minneapolis-based non-profit that has headed volunteer searches for Zackary Baldwin, estimates that he swept over about 600 miles of terrain since his arrival in Williston on Tuesday.
    http://www.inforum.com/news/4097345-...t-missing-june
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Search still on for motorcyclist missing since June

http://www.inforum.com/news/4097345-...t-missing-june
    Thanks for updating Zachary's thread, Los. I just can't wrap my brain around this one. It sounds like they've scoured the area. I just don't even know what to think.

Praying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast