972 users online (163 members and 809 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

There are major problems in that area. Besides the women and children, missing and killed there is also drugs, prostitution, forced prostitution, racketeering, and corruption in the government and police officials. They working to clean it up however. The FBI has been conducting some raids down there, and recently they released several hostages that were being held for ransom. It has become an international scandal so the Mexican officials are being forced to deal with it.
    My personal opinion is that the girls they are finding are probably related to the forced prostitution. I have read they do feel that either someone from the police dept. is involved in the killings or that they have been trying to cover them up.
    This article isn't related to the women's killings directly but illustrates the savagery that is happening there
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Located across the U.S. border from El Paso, Texas, this city of 1.3 million people is the home base for the Juarez drug cartel and has witnessed frequent violence related to the drug trade. It has also been plagued by the slayings of more than a hundred women in similar sexually motivated killings.
    http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=4003040

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/5138003/d...s=elp&psp=news

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=4008389
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Colorado Arrest, A 'Major Break' In Slayings Of Women In Mexico

MONTERREY, Mexico -- A man suspected of participating in the rapes and killings of at least 10 women in a border city made infamous by the deaths of more than 100 young women since 1993 has been arrested, U.S. officials said Thursday.

U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza called Tuesday's arrest of Edgar Alvarez Cruz on immigration violations in Denver "a major break" in the investigation into the unsolved deaths in Ciudad Juarez, across from El Paso, Texas.

"We believe Alvarez Cruz's arrest will help U.S. and Mexican law enforcement authorities solve numerous cases involving the murders and disappearances of women in Ciudad Juarez and in Chihuahua, and ultimately bring their killers to justice," Garza said
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...18/detail.html

Wow! Thank you for posting this. I certainly hope they find all those responsible for the disappeared in that city. Even Amnesty International was calling for action on this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KatK
    Wow! Thank you for posting this. I certainly hope they find all those responsible for the disappeared in that city. Even Amnesty International was calling for action on this problem.
    WoW! is right. This is a terrible thing and I am glad their is some good forward movement.

We can only hope but this is the best advance in years. I have always been so disturbed that not enough was being done.

'War on women' in Mexico

Mexican government statistics show that the homicides of women in Juárez increased dramatically in recent years: 23 in 2006, 27 in 2007, 117 in 2008 and 306 in 2009.

In Juárez, the war between two rival drug cartels began in 2008. Part of the government's response was to periodically deploy hundreds of soldiers and federal agents to the border city.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_2...e=most_emailed