GUILTY TN - Four Gardner children stabbed to death, Memphis, 1 July 2016 *mother arrested*

skibaboo

Mrs Map
Reaction score
Sheriff: Stabbing death of 4 children 'shocked us to our core'

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -
Four children were stabbed to death at the Greens at Irene apartment complex, according to Shelby County Sheriff's Office.

The apartments are located in the 4700 block of Southern Hill near Hacks Cross Road in east Shelby County around 1 p.m.

Deputies said the children's mother is in custody. The father is being held at the scene by law enforcement, although officials said he was not in the home at the time the children were stabbed. Family members said the couple had recently married.

SCSO said all four children have died from their injuries. They were all under the age of 6 years old.

"One of the most difficult questions in any investigation always is 'Why?'" Shelby County Sheriff Bill Oldham said. "It's a tragic scene and one that shocked us to our core."

Oldham said deputies are working to notify next of kin, therefore they will not release the identities of the children at this time.

"Our investigation is in a very preliminary place at this point, we will continue to work that until we can determine and be able to answer as many questions as we can," Oldham said. "We are certainly going to offer our condolences to the family and our prayers because at this point in time this community needs exactly that, we need prayer."

Oldham said there were a number of people outside when the stabbing happened, but they are continuing to investigate who was inside the apartment.

More and live coverage at LINK HERE

Not again.....

From your link skibaboo.....

"SCSO said all four children have died from their injuries. They were all under the age of 6 years old."

Not again.....

From your link skibaboo.....

"SCSO said all four children have died from their injuries. They were all under the age of 6 years old."

:tantrum:

Listening to the live feed the conversation is about depression and mental health :/ I guess it's a natural assumption :(

Also from the live feed 'unconfirmed' but several reports that a 7yr old child was able to escape the apt

DCS - Have NO history with the family. No complaints, no records

There was a mother who did this same thing earlier this month. Then that mom who shot her daughters this past week. It's like some sort of Stephen King novel. :(

Five kids under 7??? She needed a LOT of help and probably had none. Tragic. Women with so many children, all needing her for everything in life. I think she snapped under the pressure. ANY woman who can raise 5 kids all born in 7 years gets my admiration, it has to be beyond difficult.

I don't think people should have 5 babies all within 7 years. I don't think anyone can truly fulfill the needs of all the kids when you have so many in such a short time. You are pregnant virtually all of the time. The older kids suffer unless you have a totally complete support system. Which apparently this woman did not have.

I don't think people should have 5 babies all within 7 years. I don't think anyone can truly fulfill the needs of all the kids when you have so many in such a short time. You are pregnant virtually all of the time. The older kids suffer unless you have a totally complete support system. Which apparently this woman did not have.

You can't possibly fulfill the needs of 5 people, much less 5 small children with out a lot of help. I just wish that women would reach out to neighbors their church, friends, families when they feel the pressure is just too much. Walk out of the house. Call the police and say "I can't take all these kids right now and need some help over here, please send an adult!" Walk out the front door and scream until a neighbor comes, then say "I need a break from these kids!!" People will help.

That is the use of the universal "you" not directed at you or your tolerance/skill level.

This will be declared post partum depression. I can certainly see how and why.

Can you imagine being pregnant for 45 months out of 7 years? A disaster waiting to happen. Probably little money and no help.

My opinions only.

Documents: Mom accused of killing kids once reported missing

<snipped>
March, her husband told MPD she went for a run in the evening. According to documents obtained by FOX13, he told officers “she has been having problems at work and have been felling stressed. She also has been feeling that someone is trying to harm her and her family.”
The suspect’s own mother told police her daughter “has not been diagnosed with a mental illness,” according to the report.
“She needs to be evaluated,” a witness at the Green’s at Irene told FOX13 when discussing the woman. “Due process of the law, because you took four people’s lives.”
Another witness told FOX13 the number of victim’s in the tragedy could have been higher.
“One of the kids got out and alerted one of the neighbors who alerted the police of what was going on,” the witness said.
<snipped>
http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/do...-killing-kids-once-reported-missing/377652792

<snipped>
March, her husband told MPD she went for a run in the evening. According to documents obtained by FOX13, he told officers “she has been having problems at work and have been felling stressed. She also has been feeling that someone is trying to harm her and her family.”
The suspect’s own mother told police her daughter “has not been diagnosed with a mental illness,” according to the report.
“She needs to be evaluated,” a witness at the Green’s at Irene told FOX13 when discussing the woman. “Due process of the law, because you took four people’s lives.”
Another witness told FOX13 the number of victim’s in the tragedy could have been higher.
“One of the kids got out and alerted one of the neighbors who alerted the police of what was going on,” the witness said.
<snipped>
http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/do...-killing-kids-once-reported-missing/377652792
[h=1]4 children stabbed to death, mother in custody
Updated: Jul 1, 2016 - 10:19 PM
<snipped
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office told FOX13 a neighbor called law enforcement after becoming aware of the tragic situation around 12:50 p.m. The incident happened at The Greens at Irene apartment complex, located in the 4700 block of Southern Hill Drive.[/h]When deputies arrived on the scene, they found four children dead. Earl Farrell described them as young children and “babies" under the age of six, but exact ages could not be given at the time.
<snipped>
http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/4-kids-stabbed-to-death-mother-in-custody/377075074

<snipped>
March, her husband told MPD she went for a run in the evening. According to documents obtained by FOX13, he told officers &#8220;she has been having problems at work and have been felling stressed. She also has been feeling that someone is trying to harm her and her family.&#8221;
The suspect&#8217;s own mother told police her daughter &#8220;has not been diagnosed with a mental illness,&#8221; according to the report.
&#8220;She needs to be evaluated,&#8221; a witness at the Green&#8217;s at Irene told FOX13 when discussing the woman. &#8220;Due process of the law, because you took four people&#8217;s lives.&#8221;
Another witness told FOX13 the number of victim&#8217;s in the tragedy could have been higher.
&#8220;One of the kids got out and alerted one of the neighbors who alerted the police of what was going on,&#8221; the witness said.
<snipped>

BBM

She had 5 children and a JOB??

One of the articles used the phrase "married recently" and an officer mentions notifying next of kin.

This is likely a blended family, the mother may suddenly have had to add a "summer visitation" child into the small apartment?

I agree, ask for help. Take the big ones to the library summer program, find the park system's day camp, go to church for the hour of nursery care....

RIP, little ones, and bless you 7 year old!

JMHO

This is so tragic. I can't imagine having 5 kids under 7. That's crazy. I have a high energy 5 year old that drives me bonkers. Can't imagine 2 or 3 more like him.
Rest in heavenly peace babies.

MEMPHIS, Tenn. &#8212; Investigators are scheduled to hold a news conference to release more information on the tragic deaths of four young children Friday.

The new conference is expected to begin at 10 a.m. and will be streamed live on WREG.com.

http://wreg.com/2016/07/02/authorities-to-speak-on-tragic-death-of-four-young-children-saturday/

Updated:

Shelby County Sheriff Bill Oldham identified the women as 29-year-old Shanynitha Gardner.

Gardner has five children ages 7, 4, 3, 2, and 6-months old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back