Found Deceased FL - Ashlyn Bowman, 17, Edgewater, 22 June 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Missing teen girl behaved erratically before disappearance, deputies say
13439022_1130313037007897_2666194450562615401_n.jpg

A search is underway for 17-year-old Volusia County girl whose disappearance has raised concerns among investigators.
Ashlyn Bowman of Edgewater was last seen on June 22, according to Gary Davidson, a spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...g-teen-girl-ashlyn-bowman-20160701-story.html

Okay, i'm going to walk on egg shells here. Through her FB, I have been able to connect Ashlynn to an acquaintance who happens to live on Edgewater Canal Road. That is the street address where Ashlyn was last seen. There are only about 25 homes with that street address.

The acquaintance's home was raided by police about a year ago. Police found a meth lab and also an UNIDENTIFIED TEENAGE RUNAWAY, who was trying to hide under a blanket or a pile of clothes or something. Strange coincidence?

By the way, the acquaintance was arrested as a result of the raid last summer. But the case is pending. Thus, he's been out of jail on bail for some time. On June 29 (just a few days ago), that same person was arrested on charges of resisting arrest without violence.

There was to be an organized search for Ashlyn Bowman today. Law enforcement called us off. No reason was given. This girl as been missing for well over 3 weeks. There is little to no press. What gives? <mod snip> Was told about Wed that LE was Waiting on forensics and info was due in 48 hours. Ashlyns phone is turned off, not found. So, can anyone give me insight to why we are pretty much in the dark? And why they would call off a search whereas we know we cannot go into the woods anyway? Family is as confused as we are. Any ideas what should be done?

Okay, i'm going to walk on egg shells here. Through her FB, I have been able to connect Ashlynn to an acquaintance who happens to live on Edgewater Canal Road. That is the street address where Ashlyn was last seen. There are only about 25 homes with that street address.

The acquaintance's home was raided by police about a year ago. Police found a meth lab and also an UNIDENTIFIED TEENAGE RUNAWAY, who was trying to hide under a blanket or a pile of clothes or something. Strange coincidence?

By the way, the acquaintance was arrested as a result of the raid last summer. But the case is pending. Thus, he's been out of jail on bail for some time. On June 29 (just a few days ago), that same person was arrested on charges of resisting arrest without violence.

I am friends with an editor for the News-Journal. If you can give me a contact, I can send him some info and ask him to have a reporter get in touch.

I assume that you are a family member or friend. I am very sorry that you are going through what must be a living hell. Unless the search party was attempting to search private land without permission, I can't think of any reason that police would have the authority to stop a search. Sometimes, though, police prefer to do their own searches when they believe they may find evidence. Also, police do not like for potential suspects to search. So, if they are looking closely at someone in the search group, I can see them not wanting that search to take place.

There was to be an organized search for Ashlyn Bowman today. Law enforcement called us off. No reason was given. This girl as been missing for well over 3 weeks. There is little to no press. What gives? <modsnip> Was told about Wed that LE was Waiting on forensics and info was due in 48 hours. Ashlyns phone is turned off, not found. So, can anyone give me insight to why we are pretty much in the dark? And why they would call off a search whereas we know we cannot go into the woods anyway? Family is as confused as we are. Any ideas what should be done?

Welcome, swild. Sorry it is under these circumstances.

I live in the area. Its a nice area, mostly older folks who have lived here forever, or so it seems from those I have met. We started renting about two years ago, and the place on Edgewater Canal started going downhill. The person you referred to as being in jail is hopefully going to be there for a while. They let him out on bail for the meth lab incident, and he didn't show up for a court date so they rearrested him. He holed up in a house in Edgewater and wouldn't come out for over an hour, and that is why he, and another female, were charged with resisting arrest. <modsnip>

I found it pretty ironic that right after the guy that lives there got re-arrested, they also raided the house on Edgewater Canal again. I am not sure what time they got there, but there were sheriff deputies and vehicles all over the property until almost midnight.

That certainly sounds like evidence gathering based on a tip. So that raid was about a week ago?

I live in the area. Its a nice area, mostly older folks who have lived here forever, or so it seems from those I have met. We started renting about two years ago, and the place on Edgewater Canal started going downhill. The person you referred to as being in jail is hopefully going to be there for a while. They let him out on bail for the meth lab incident, and he didn't show up for a court date so they rearrested him. He holed up in a house in Edgewater and wouldn't come out for over an hour, and that is why he, and another female, were charged with resisting arrest. <modsnip> I found it pretty ironic that right after the guy that lives there got re-arrested, they also raided the house on Edgewater Canal again. I am not sure what time they got there, but there were sheriff deputies and vehicles all over the property until almost midnight.

Welcome, LoveCanHeal. Awesome name.

:welcome3:

Welcome, swild. Sorry it is under these circumstances.
I am not family and I have never met her. I am a cat rescuer that is upset that it seems little is being done to find this girl.

I am not family and I have never met her. I am a cat rescuer that is upset that it seems little is being done to find this girl.

They are working on it. They may not be telling anyone that is not close what is happening, but that doesn't mean they are not doing anything. Pressure needs to be put on the people that know her to go to the sheriff. The person that you said was your admin (not sure what they are admin of) has some of the very same people on their own Facebook friends list that came and went from the house. Have you or anyone from your group turned the names and locations of the two girls who's names keep coming up in numerous conversations? Its probably important for the sheriff to have a conversation with them.

Please stick to the facts and what has been reported in MSM when posting! Rumors and hearsay, however well intentioned, will not help find Ashlyn. Do not post names and/or arrest details of random people here. Until LE states they have named someone as a suspect or POI, no one is to be named or sleuthed. Thanks!

I live in the area. Its a nice area, mostly older folks who have lived here forever, or so it seems from those I have met. We started renting about two years ago, and the place on Edgewater Canal started going downhill. The person you referred to as being in jail is hopefully going to be there for a while. They let him out on bail for the meth lab incident, and he didn't show up for a court date so they rearrested him. He holed up in a house in Edgewater and wouldn't come out for over an hour, and that is why he, and another female, were charged with resisting arrest. <modsnip> I found it pretty ironic that right after the guy that lives there got re-arrested, they also raided the house on Edgewater Canal again. I am not sure what time they got there, but there were sheriff deputies and vehicles all over the property until almost midnight.

He was arrested before the raid. Still does not explain why no media, no search. Is this normal?

A formal search set by VCSO Major Crimes division SEARCH FOR ASHLYN BOWMAN SET FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2O, 7:30 AM ROTARY PARK, 902 W. PARK AVE, EDGEWATER

The Volusia County Sheriff&#8217;s Office in conjunction with the Edgewater Police Department continues to investigate the missing persons case involving Ashlyn Bowman. Ashlyn was 17 years old when she first went missing nearly a month ago, but has since had a birthday and is now 18. While both agencies have devoted a significant amount of resources to this ongoing case and continue to investigate every tip that comes in, law enforcement so far hasn&#8217;t located Ashlyn or determined what happened to her.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m., the Sheriff&#8217;s Office&#8217;s Major Case Unit will coordinate a search in the vicinity of Rotary Park in Edgewater. The park, at 902 W. Park Ave., is believed to be Ashlyn&#8217;s last known location. Members of the Facebook group "Find Ashlyn Bowman" will be assisting with Wednesday&#8217;s search. We will update you with any significant new developments in the case.

If any of you have any information about Ashlyn, please call us at 386-409-8276. It might seem like nothing, but your tip might be the one that leads us to a break in this case. You might think that couldn't be Ashlyn you saw out there, but what if it was? Call us, or if you want to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477) or download our smartphone app from the Crime Stoppers website WeStopCrime.com. We don't necessarily want your name -- we just need your information. You could be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000.

https://www.facebook.com/VolusiaSheriff/posts/1141608315878369

Finally, Missing Teen Ashlyn Bowman is all over the news! Search starts at 730am.

My egg shell time is over. The newspaper has published the name of the person who owns the house where she had been. I hear they got a tip from a former reporter. ;) Note that police did not comment when asked whether his house was the last place she was seen. Not even a "we're not sure."

Helton, 21, lives at 2083 Edgewater Canal Road. According to property records, the house is owned by Henrietta L. Helton. Skyler Helton could not be reached and the phone number to the home was not working.

Last August, sheriff's investigators found a missing juvenile hiding at the Helton residence under a pile of dirty laundry. But detectives also found a meth lab in the house and arrested several people, including Skyler Helton. Helton was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine and his case is scheduled for trial on Aug. 15.

Sheriff's officials would not comment on whether Bowman was indeed last seen at Helton's house.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...er-missing-teens-disappearance-comes-up-empty

Henrietta Helton is Skyler Heltons grandmother. She is about 80 years old and disabled. This press release on the Volusia County Sheriff website does mention that Ashley was last seen at the Edgewater Canal Rd address. I wonder if they have received more information that makes them think otherwise now, since they did not comment on it when asked. I could type more information regarding Skyler Helton and his grandmother, but I am still walking on eggshells :thinking: because I am new to the website and still trying to understand what is and is not allowed to be posted and when. Here is a link to the Sheriff's website and press release. http://www.volusiasheriff.org/news/...g-for-missing-17-year-old-edgewater-girl.stml
The Sheriff&#8217;s Office has now taken over the investigation after it was determined that Ashlyn was last seen on June 22 at a residence on Edgewater Canal Road in the Sheriff&#8217;s Office&#8217;s jurisdiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back