1051 users online (230 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - WD, 12, San Antonio, 20 June 2016

HELP US FIND: Missing 12-year-old last seen sitting on tailgate of grandfather's truck

The family of a missing 12-year-old says she was sitting on the tailgate of her grandfather's truck one minute and was gone the next. They and the Bexar County Sheriff's Office are now turning to the public for help.
    WD has been missing for more than a week. Her grandfather, trying to hold back tears, told us there's been no sign of his granddaughter - no calls, no sightings, nothing.
    http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loca...dfathers-truck
    Last edited by KayElJay; 07-30-2016 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Changed name to initials
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loca...dfathers-truck[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Thanks Los.

From the above link:

"W was last seen Monday, June 20th at her home off of the 6400 block of Crestway Drive in the Oak Crest Pointe community on the Northeast Side. Anthony says it was about 3:30 in the afternoon. His granddaughter was going to sit outside in his truck and listen to music.

When Anthony went to go check on his granddaughter

"And she wasn't here," he told us."
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-30-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Change to initials and remove image.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Thanks Los.
    Always!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

""She's never disappeared this way," explained Anthony. "Something is wrong."

The granddaughter he's raised since she was a newborn is missing.

"She just disappeared," Cintron said."

"The Bexar County Sheriff's Office says W was last seen wearing combat boots, a grey t-shirt, and black shorts.

If you have any information on where she may be please immediately call 210-335-TIPS (8477), and you can remain anonymous. You can also help by sharing W's story on your Facebook page."

Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-30-2016 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Change to initials

According to HomeFacts (link below), the crime rate is high in the area she resides and there are 24 RSO's within a 1 mile radius. Worried for this young lady.

http://www.homefacts.com/address/Tex...estway-Dr.html
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

WD is only 12.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KayElJay; 07-30-2016 at 07:04 PM. Reason: changed name to initials

This case is really bothering me. W is so darn young to have been gone this long. I wonder what her relationship is with her bio mom and dad. As far as I can tell, mom hasn't posted anything about W being missing.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 07-30-2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: changed name to initials
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

"she's never disappeared this way" is an interesting statement

There is no new information on W.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-30-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Thank goodness, W's disappearance is being discussed on Nancy Grace tonight. National attention...heck, any attention being paid to W is a huge positive!
    Last edited by KayElJay; 07-30-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: changed name to initials

High crime rate in the area she lives in, plenty of registered sex offenders in the area, this grandfather seems to have unconditional love for his granddaughter claiming she just vanished, age 12. Very good that this case is starting to get some attention and will be on Nancy grace.

Just found out about this case now and am wondering why an amber alert has not been issued, I have a feeling this child was abducted.

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Just found out about this case now and am wondering why an amber alert has not been issued, I have a feeling this child was abducted.
    rsbm

I think it's possible that she was abducted, but with the information LE has now, I'm guessing W doesn't qualify for an Amber Alert. There could possibly be a few of the criteria that haven't been met yet, but the one I'm fairly certain hasn't, I've bolded below. Without a suspect and/or vehicle description, an Amber Alert cannot be issued.

A requesting law enforcement agency must meet all the below criteria in order to activate the State AMBER Alert Network:

• Is this child 17 years of age or younger, whose whereabouts are unknown, and whose disappearance law enforcement has determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to the child’s safety and health; and (i) if abducted by a parent or legal guardian, was the abduction in the course of an attempted murder or murder? OR
      • Is this child 13 years of age or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian by:
        • someone unrelated and more than three years older,
          or
        • another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?

1. Is this child in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury?
    2. Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child’s disappearance?
    3. Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/Op...erCriteria.htm
    Last edited by KayElJay; 07-30-2016 at 07:15 PM. Reason: changed name to initials

Why would she sit on a truck or on its tailgate to listen to music in the unbearable heat of a Texas June afternoon?

I am calling nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Why would she sit on a truck or on its tailgate to listen to music in the unbearable heat of a Texas June afternoon?

I am calling nonsense.
    I could see myself doing just this at 12... perceived privacy, music...yeah, I'd have been interested. Weather was never a deterrent for me.

I'm going with plausible, even if not advisable.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast