Found Alive TX - WD, 12, San Antonio, 20 June 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
HELP US FIND: Missing 12-year-old last seen sitting on tailgate of grandfather's truck

The family of a missing 12-year-old says she was sitting on the tailgate of her grandfather's truck one minute and was gone the next. They and the Bexar County Sheriff's Office are now turning to the public for help.
WD has been missing for more than a week. Her grandfather, trying to hold back tears, told us there's been no sign of his granddaughter - no calls, no sightings, nothing.
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...een-sitting-on-tailgate-of-grandfathers-truck

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...een-sitting-on-tailgate-of-grandfathers-truck[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Thanks Los.

From the above link:

"W was last seen Monday, June 20th at her home off of the 6400 block of Crestway Drive in the Oak Crest Pointe community on the Northeast Side. Anthony says it was about 3:30 in the afternoon. His granddaughter was going to sit outside in his truck and listen to music.

When Anthony went to go check on his granddaughter

"And she wasn't here," he told us."

WD is only 12. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This case is really bothering me. W is so darn young to have been gone this long. I wonder what her relationship is with her bio mom and dad. As far as I can tell, mom hasn't posted anything about W being missing.

"she's never disappeared this way" is an interesting statement

Thank goodness, W's disappearance is being discussed on Nancy Grace tonight. National attention...heck, any attention being paid to W is a huge positive!

High crime rate in the area she lives in, plenty of registered sex offenders in the area, this grandfather seems to have unconditional love for his granddaughter claiming she just vanished, age 12. Very good that this case is starting to get some attention and will be on Nancy grace.

Just found out about this case now and am wondering why an amber alert has not been issued, I have a feeling this child was abducted.

Just found out about this case now and am wondering why an amber alert has not been issued, I have a feeling this child was abducted.

rsbm

I think it's possible that she was abducted, but with the information LE has now, I'm guessing W doesn't qualify for an Amber Alert. There could possibly be a few of the criteria that haven't been met yet, but the one I'm fairly certain hasn't, I've bolded below. Without a suspect and/or vehicle description, an Amber Alert cannot be issued.

A requesting law enforcement agency must meet all the below criteria in order to activate the State AMBER Alert Network:

• Is this child 17 years of age or younger, whose whereabouts are unknown, and whose disappearance law enforcement has determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to the child’s safety and health; and (i) if abducted by a parent or legal guardian, was the abduction in the course of an attempted murder or murder? OR
    • Is this child 13 years of age or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian by:
      • someone unrelated and more than three years older,
        or
      • another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?
  1. Is this child in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury?
  2. Has a preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child’s disappearance?
  3. Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the child, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction?
https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem/Operations/Alerts/AmberCriteria.htm

Why would she sit on a truck or on its tailgate to listen to music in the unbearable heat of a Texas June afternoon?

I am calling nonsense.

Why would she sit on a truck or on its tailgate to listen to music in the unbearable heat of a Texas June afternoon?

I am calling nonsense.

I could see myself doing just this at 12... perceived privacy, music...yeah, I'd have been interested. Weather was never a deterrent for me.

I'm going with plausible, even if not advisable.

Combat boots? A VERY unusual choice of summer footwear for a 12 year old girl. I think it could be a fashion statement to identify her with a particular "group" of kids. I'll bet her music choice would provide more info. I doubt it was Taylor Swift.

In my opinion of course.

Combat boots? A VERY unusual choice of summer footwear for a 12 year old girl. I think it could be a fashion statement to identify her with a particular "group" of kids.

In my opinion of course.

I lived in combat boots at ages 12-14, they go with everything, hahaha... I did have a group, mostly stoners.

Something was written about a text being sent to her Gpop. I can't find where it started. Anyone hear about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something was written about a text being sent to her Gpop. I can't find where it started. Anyone hear about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read that but I would like to if you find it! I feel horrible for this little girl. I found her mom's FB and nothing was mentioned about W and Grandpa is probably not SM savvy. I hope LE are actively looking for her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back