GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Springfield Mother, daughter missing, considered endangered
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/Mother-daughter-missing-considered-endangered/21048998_33578556

"SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The Green County Sheriff's Office has issued an endangered person advisory for a mother and daughter. 48 year old Clauddinna Blancharde, who goes by "Dee Dee", and 19 year old Gypsy Blancharde haven't been seen since Wednesday.

Clauddinnea is five-feet one inch tall, weighs 255 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes. Both have medical issues, and Gypsy may require a wheelchair.
F23078332BD239DC5CDFEEBE93611B51_250_250.jpg

Springfield woman charged with murder of mother

http://www.komu.com/news/gypsy-blancharde-charged-with-murder-of-mother/

GREENE COUNTY - New court documents said Gypsy Blancharde, who was reported endangered and missing Sunday, was involved in the murder of her mother, Clauddinnea Blancharde.

Both Gypsy Blancharde, 23, and Nicholas Godejohn, 26, were charged Tuesday morning with first degree murder in the death of Clauddinnea Blancharde, 48. Mother and daughter had been reported missing since Sunday.

According to the probable cause statement, Godejohn, Gypsy Blancharde's boyfriend, traveled to Springfield, Missouri to see if Gypsy Blancharde was sure she wanted to kill her mother. The report says once Godejohn got approval, he stabbed Clauddinnea Blancharde multiple times in the back and neck while she was sleeping.

----------------

Gypsy Blanchard defense won't claim insanity but not ruling out Munchausen by proxy

The attorney representing Gypsy Blanchard said in court Tuesday he will not be pursuing a plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

That doesn't mean, however, that Blanchard can't claim Munchausen by proxy as her defense.
Clate Baker, one of Gypsy Blanchard's attorneys, said after Tuesday's court appearance that the attorneys are looking at all possible defenses, including Munchausen by proxy.

Godejohn's attorney Dewayne Perry also announced Tuesday his client will not be changing his plea at this time to not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

Tuesday's pre-trial court appearance lasted less than 10 minutes. Prosecutors endorsed their first round of witnesses, which Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson said were Missouri State Highway Patrol criminalists.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...roxy/82930414/

The trial is scheduled for November 28.

A refresher to the case:

According to the probable cause statement submitted by investigators, posts to Dee Dee's Facebook page were traced to Nicholas Godejohn in Big Bend, Wisconsin. Waukesha County deputies found Godejohn and Gypsy Blancharde at the house and took them in for questioning.

According to the documents, Godejohn admitted stabbing Dee Dee to death, at the urging of Gypsy. Godejohn told investigators Gypsy gave him the knife, and claimed he would not have killed anyone less Gypsy asked him to. He then mailed the knife to his home to avoid being caught with it, the PC statement states.

When investigators questioned Gypsy Blancharde, she admitted to being at the house when Godejohn stabbed her mother, and to knowing that he was going to do it. She also admitted to making the Facebook posts on Dee Dee's page that first alerted friends and neighbors that Dee Dee may have been harmed. She said she and Godejohn left the house in a cab.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/blan...-hearing-today

Direct link to the Probable Cause doc:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nxsglobal/oz...304_ver1.0.pdf

Thread #1
Thread #2

:tyou: tlcya!
:gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecutor says he could've gotten life sentence for Gypsy Blanchard. So why didn't he?

Gypsy Blanchard pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday morning in connection with the 2015 killing of her mother.

As part of a deal with prosecutors, Blanchard, 24, agreed to a 10-year prison sentence and admitted to her role in planning the killing of her mother, Clauddinnea "Dee Dee" Blanchard, 48.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ypsy-blanchard-pleads-guilty-murder/86617662/

This was probably the best way to go. imo

I hope Gypsy does her time, gets some education in prison and does something good with her life when she gets out.

I agree Rayemonde, I just think it is going to be a long hard road for her. This has to be one of the saddest cases I've seen (I'm still pretty new). As a mother, I cannot fathom how Dee Dee would be able to abuse her child.

I think defense should have gone for a better deal. There is no doubt whatsoever Gypsy was horribly abused-the prosecutor admitted as much.

Munchausen expert says Gypsy Blanchard case is unprecedented

A national Munchausen by proxy expert told the News-Leader this week he's never seen anything like the Blanchard murder case — and he's curious what would have happened at trial.

Marc Feldman — clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Alabama and author of the book "Playing Sick?" — said he's been studying Munchausen by proxy for 25 years and this is the first case he's seen where the abuse victim murdered her parent.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...-gypsy-blanchard-case-unprecedented/86763054/

This wasn't just Munchausen by proxy, since Dee Dee was also profiting from pretending Gypsy was sick. She basically used Gypsy as her cash cow, since various donations because Gypsy was supposedly sick is what they appear to have lived on. She was also controlling Gypsy even after Gypsy turned an adult. Gypsy never got to enjoy a normal life like the other girls her age. Basically, I think Gypsy was like one of those kidnapping victims (and presumably nobody would have charged them if they managed to kill their abuser). So I think 10 years is too much.

This wasn't just Munchausen by proxy, since Dee Dee was also profiting from pretending Gypsy was sick. She basically used Gypsy as her cash cow, since various donations because Gypsy was supposedly sick is what they appear to have lived on. She was also controlling Gypsy even after Gypsy turned an adult. Gypsy never got to enjoy a normal life like the other girls her age. Basically, I think Gypsy was like one of those kidnapping victims (and presumably nobody would have charged them if they managed to kill their abuser). So I think 10 years is too much.

Good point.

Public defenders here in Springfield tend to most along when it comes to plea deals. And I'm surprised.. honestly shocked.. that Dan Patterson was okay with only 10 years. He tends to be a reaaaaal hardass.

That is very true, no one would have batted an eyelid if Castro's victims had conspired to kill him. Plenty of kidnapping victims even get opportunities to escape once a degree of control and fear is overwhelming, I'm thinking Shawn Hornbeck and Colleen Stan. That this young woman did what she had to in her mind to be free and is punished for it, seems pretty harsh.

I know prisons can vary widely conditions, I hope she is going somewhere she can learn some life skills and can transition to a healthy life.

That is so true. If kidnapper's victims managed to kill him, would they be sentenced to 10 years? I would hope not.
In my view this was a similar situation. Gypsy wasn't allowed to do things others her age were doing (going to school, going on dates, getting jobs) instead she had to pretend she was disabled both physically and mentally. Her mother seem to have a complete control over her, starting when Gypsy was a little child. Ten years seems awfully harsh.

I hope Gypsy does her time, gets some education in prison and does something good with her life when she gets out.

I agree. I've always hoped she would get some psychiatric help to overcome the totally warped upbringing she has endured. I'm not sure she'll get this in prison, but I hope so. While I think ten years is rather excessive (although she received the minimum sentence for second degree murder), the 8.5 years until parole could be a real opportunity for her to heal and move forward in a positive way when she is released. It may take that long. I hope eventually she will tell her story.

Wow that was a good read. Long and well researched for a year. Very detailed.

I notice in the article it said the house had like tinted windows that were hard to see in. I wonder if that was to hide Gypsy's abilities to anyone passing by.

I am sorry to hear she got such a long sentence. She was raised by an insane dysfunctional mother, so how could she be expected to be of normal mind and think anywhere like a rational child? I feel sure she had some normal functuring abilities, the questionable part is was she able to put them together to work cohesively? That was probably a difficult task for her as she had spent her life pretending to be her Mothers's puppet or baby doll. While she may have hated her mother for the life she was made to live, she was probably much more terrorized of what would happen if she left!

It seems consideration should have been given to the torture she had lived in, and a small group home be her first step of living in the big world. If she could adjust to that, move her to a loving foster family so she could see what a real family is like.

On the other end. I think 7 or 8 years of support, job training, education, etc would help her when she is ready for release.

Great article. Everything I suspected appears true. I feel for Gypsy; I really do. I only hope that she can take the next several years, get the help she needs and finds a way to move on with her life. When she gets out, it will be HER life; not a life predetermined by a psychotic mother. Such a sad story.

Great article. Everything I suspected appears true. I feel for Gypsy; I really do. I only hope that she can take the next several years, get the help she needs and finds a way to move on with her life. When she gets out, it will be HER life; not a life predetermined by a psychotic mother. Such a sad story.

Yes, I was pleased to read that her experience of prison is not terrible and is better than her life beforehand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back