1151 users online (275 members and 876 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

Jenny Chen, 26, went on a backpacking trip through Mexico in March. This trip also included hitchhiking to different cities. Jenny was also a member of the traveling website couchsurfing.com, and used it to find places to stay during her trip.

Jonathan, her husband, was supposed to meet Jenny in Cancun on April 15th, but she never showed up. The last time friends and family heard from her was April 11th when she was in Oaxaca.

Help Find Jenny Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/help...y/?pnref=story

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/23/walling...ing-in-mexico/
    http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/woma...a-cancun-trip/

Her husband is also raising money to hire a private investigator. He speculated that money may be needed for a “ransom,” although he hasn’t heard from anybody. He also fears that his wife may have been sold into human trafficking. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...kpacking-trip/

it was a chance for her to clear her head and figure out what she wants to do with her life. The two met while he was living in China in 2008. They two eventually moved to the U.S.. Chen was granted permanent residency and was working toward becoming a citizen. But she struggled to find work. One last adventure on her own seemed like the perfect way to refocus.

Reinhard says they kept in close contact through Skype and Facebook as his wife posted photos of her adventures in different cities along the way.

The two agreed to meet up at the Cancun airport on April 15, but Chen never showed up. The last time family and friends heard from her was 4 days earlier.

On Friday, he's planning to head back to Mexico to try to retrace his wife's steps.

He's remains hopeful she will be found, but he fears something horrible may have happened to her.

She was scheduled to be back in Seattle on July 5.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seatt...trip-to-mexico

Thread #1

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

rosesfromangels is offline My posts are amateur speculations and opinion only
    Let's hope we won't need a thread #3.
    Prayers for Jenny, and those looking for her!
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Seeing Thread #2 makes me so sad. If she's gone, I hope she didn't suffer.

Does anyone know anything about the route this Corona guy was supposedly taking? How long only average it would take to get to Cancun. Stops in the area for gas? Someone may have seen Jenny at a stop if she was with him or saw her with him at one stop but not at a stop further away??

Sent from my SCH-I545

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the route this Corona guy was supposedly taking? How long only average it would take to get to Cancun. Stops in the area for gas? Someone may have seen Jenny at a stop if she was with him or saw her with him at one stop but not at a stop further away??

Sent from my SCH-I545
    Didnt he have to take an alternate route due to the protests?
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Lots of people have been questioning the behavior of the husband - his communication methods and his actions. Hindsight is everything and we don't always do things in the most rational and objective ways. My general feeling/consensus is that she's like a lot of young people who want to face their fear and really feel life on the road. Anyway, I just saw his interview on King5 today and found it informative and refreshing to hear her husband speak - his mannerisms, his opinion, his perspective. His wife sounds like a very stubborn and prickly character who wanted to do what she wanted to do and there was no way to have a two-way conversation with her. Not to draw any generalizations, but this may be a cultural thing with her. He came across as frustrated with her ignoring the dangers of Mexico.

I personally feel she put herself in great danger, obviously, doing what she did She may be perfectly fine at some resort as someone on Lonely Planet site said, there are places like that. She may have gone there to tune everything out. She could have had an accident. Too bad she didn't have a friend to travel with, but it's not easy to take 3-4 months off from work to travel.

Hopefully, there is some closure on this.

Quote Originally Posted by rosesfromangels View Post
    Didnt he have to take an alternate route due to the protests?
    I'm not sure if the protests were going on at that time. I believe he chose to take a safer route because of road conditions. I think there was a pic. way back.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Quote Originally Posted by saengseon View Post
    Lots of people have been questioning the behavior of the husband - his communication methods and his actions. Hindsight is everything and we don't always do things in the most rational and objective ways. My general feeling/consensus is that she's like a lot of young people who want to face their fear and really feel life on the road. Anyway, I just saw his interview on King5 today and found it informative and refreshing to hear her husband speak - his mannerisms, his opinion, his perspective. His wife sounds like a very stubborn and prickly character who wanted to do what she wanted to do and there was no way to have a two-way conversation with her. Not to draw any generalizations, but this may be a cultural thing with her. He came across as frustrated with her ignoring the dangers of Mexico.

I personally feel she put herself in great danger, obviously, doing what she did She may be perfectly fine at some resort as someone on Lonely Planet site said, there are places like that. She may have gone there to tune everything out. She could have had an accident. Too bad she didn't have a friend to travel with, but it's not easy to take 3-4 months off from work to travel.

Hopefully, there is some closure on this.
    Please post the link; I cAnt find them interview. I did, however, find interviews where he refers to her in the past tense. Never a good sign.

Please post the link; I cAnt find them interview. I did, however, find interviews where he refers to her in the past tense. Never a good sign.
    I never read of him referring to her in the past tense. I know things have been deleted.
    Are you looking for the lonely planet discussion? I am trying to think where I found it and not sure if it can be posted here?

Sent from my SCH-I545

He refers to her as having "loved" things vs. loves things. Past tense.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/seat...xico/153002008

He refers to her as having "loved" things vs. loves things. Past tense.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/seat...xico/153002008
    Now I see it! I may use those terms if my spouse wasnt beside me and missing. I hope not.
    I truly think and hope someone needs to talk with the people at the stops on the way to Cancun. I don't know the size of this particular beer truck or how long any can go without stopping to refuel.
    I feel for her parents as they came and was told she is ok still backpacking/hiking and they left and that may have not been true.

Sent from my SCH-I545

He knows something we don't. He must believe she is no longer with us. Family are always advised to speak that they believe the person is alive to encourage citizens to look for her. This is so horribly sad.
    Still praying for a miracle, but frankly it will take one to bring her home.

This report just came out today from amnesty international. Not very encouraging. And people think it's safe for women to be adventuring in Mexico? Send them this link:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...ns-from-women/

This report just came out today from amnesty international. Not very encouraging. And people think it's safe for women to be adventuring in Mexico? Send them this link:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...ns-from-women/
    That's unspeakably horrible. It's not just Mexico, of course, but that's where Jenny chose to go. And it's not just police predators. It's anywhere and everywhere. A woman alone isn't really safe anywhere IMO. There is a thread for Diana Zakarias from Louisiana who travelled alone to the Grand Canyon and disappeared around the same time Jenny did. Women wanting to feel empowered and conquering fears combined with naïveté about how the world works now...is a potentially lethal combination. But even a savvy, strong and aware woman can become a victim in her own town. Depressing, isn't it. Poor Jenny. Poor JR.
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

COMMENTARY: Jenny Chen’s disappearance and the media’s hierarchy of empathy

http://nwasianweekly.com/2016/07/com...hy-of-empathy/

Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast