951 users online (155 members and 796 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NY - Connor Golden, 18, foot severed in Central Park explosion, 3 July 2016

NYPD investigators suspected a mishap involving fireworks and said it did not appear an explosive device caused the boom heard from blocks away around 11 a.m. — but hours after the “amputation incident” the cause remained a mystery.

Two friends of the victim, Connor Golden, 18, of Fairfax, Va., insisted they had no fireworks or other explosives. One witnesses said the victim’s foot was “all but gone.” Another said the blast sounded “like a cannon.”

The NYPD’s bomb squad was investigating an area of the park near E. 60th St. and Fifth Ave. Cops also examined a car parked at Newark Airport that the victim used to drive to New York, sources said.

The FBI took over investigation of the case, a source said.
    ***Warning, graphic images at the link***
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2697682
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was just reading about this.....absolutely awful. This poor guy's life has changed in an instant. I wonder WTH he stepped on.

The explosive that severely injured a man in New York's Central Park today was likely "an experiment with fireworks or explosives," but did not seem like a device made deliberately to hurt anyone, officials said.

(...) police said they did not believe it was connected to terrorism.

Mark Torre, commanding officer of the NYPD bomb squad, added that investigators are leaning toward considering this the work of an explosive "hobbyist," an amateur or someone who knows chemistry.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosive-i...ry?id=40314758

oh my gosh

“I was walking in front of him and suddenly heard this extremely loud explosion directly behind me. When I turned around, I saw Connor lying there, his foot completely gone. It was insane. He was moaning and saying, ‘Get help.’ ”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/03/man-los...-central-park/

Cannot stress this enough. Every single article and link I have opened contains the same graphic images of this young man's foot and leg as first responders arrive and assess. Not for the faint at heart or those with weak stomachs.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I'm not so convinced that someone was "experimenting with homemade fireworks" and just left the bag there. Come on. I get not wanting to freak people out right before the fourth but this sounded like a damn booby trap (if it's that innocent). This poor kid. NYPD better be in high alert tomorrow. Smdh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    oh my gosh

“I was walking in front of him and suddenly heard this extremely loud explosion directly behind me. When I turned around, I saw Connor lying there, his foot completely gone. It was insane. He was moaning and saying, ‘Get help.’ ”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/03/man-los...-central-park/

Cannot stress this enough. Every single article and link I have opened contains the same graphic images of this young man's foot and leg as first responders arrive and assess. Not for the faint at heart or those with weak stomachs.
    Many of the major media outlets cropped the photo above his foot, thankfully. That is pretty tasteless to show that gore!

Jeez Louise! Praying for that young man.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

Geez, how awful. I hope they are able to figure out who did this. Praying for Connor.

My thought is it was done the day before the fourth so LE would think it was related to the fourth.

However, it has nothing to do with the fourth and is an experiment for a future date!

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    My thought is it was done the day before the fourth so LE would think it was related to the fourth.

However, it has nothing to do with the fourth and is an experiment for a future date!
    I agree, besides I have lived in NY my whole life and I never heard of random "home made" fireworks left in a bag to explode when stepped on. They are trying to be so nonchalant about it like it happens regularly on the 4th. Yes kids blow their body parts off PLAYING with FIREWORKS. But this kid was climbing a rock for goodness sake. They call it home made fireworks? nah it was a home made bomb, more like a freaking land mine. Now do we have a sicko in NYC planting booby traps? Or worse? Kind of reminds me of the creeps that put razors in apples and pins in candy on Halloween.

My heart goes out to this young man that was so excited to visit my City. I hope he gets the best treatment available.

Last edited by ninij9; 07-04-2016 at 12:26 AM.

It sounds like an IED. jmo

I guess we all expected this, but Connor's leg has been amputated below the knee

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2698426

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I guess we all expected this, but Connor's leg has been amputated below the knee

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2698426
    Please tell me this part of the park has CCTV surveillance. The POS that left that there needs to pay dearly for ruining this young man's life.

I don't have a link right this second, but I read a tweet earlier from a national news affiliate that stated it was an "experiment". You called it.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosive-i...8&cid=abcn_tco
    Last edited by Dockins; 07-04-2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added link

dry run

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast