1157 users online (159 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AZ - 6-year-old librarian's Little Free Library stolen from Ahwatukee

6-year-old librarian's Little Free Library stolen from Ahwatukee

It's not a happy start to the Fourth of July for 6-year-old Anna Wolcott and her family in Ahwatukee, Arizona. Recently, we shared that Anna was one of the first to start up a Little Free Library in her community.
    Now, her Little Free Library has been stolen.

http://www.12news.com/opinion/go-ask...ukee/263365019
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Sad lessons in life. :-(

I hope Anna is not permanently discouraged and chooses to try again.

For crying out loud! Is nothing sacred?
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Seriously, WHY would you do this for any reason other than to be mean to a little child?

My daughter put one in her front yard two years ago. It is mounted on a pole which is secured in cement - like a fence post. It is well used in her low income neighborhood. Let's hope someone helps this little girl get hers replaced and secured.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

i wonder if it was close enough to the curb that someone may have thought it was furniture put out for free/ garbage pickup?? One can at least hope it was just a misunderstanding. : (

Quote Originally Posted by SugarQueen View Post
    i wonder if it was close enough to the curb that someone may have thought it was furniture put out for free/ garbage pickup?? One can at least hope it was just a misunderstanding. : (
    I wondered that too- because from the pictures I can see how that might happen.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Was an address or other info ever given out to send books or funds to help her get re-established?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.