http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/766dmtx.html
Several pictures available at the link

John Aaron Weichelt
Missing since February or March 1983 from Houston, Harris County, Texas
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 9, 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 42 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes. Mustache
Marks, Scars: He had a scar on his side.
Dentals: Partial plate in front
AKA: Jack

His children are searching for him. He was active in the early computer industry and in the military as well.

Weichelt was last seen at a bus stop at the 600 block of Richmond Avenue. Last know residence was a townhouse on Cheyenne Avenue in Houston Texas.
Other know residence before his disappearance is Toledo Ohio (Cobalt Consultant for Toledo Hospital; Anderson, Indiana; Cullman, Alabama; Houston, Texas (Baylor Industrial & more).

Please help us find him...

Monkalup:
Thank you for getting the posting up here. The Doe Network site has been updated to include more pictures of Jack. I hope that by getting the word out we can find out what happened to my stepfather.

Thanks!

My brother has created a website that has updates on what we have found so far:

www.microcfw.com/johnweichelt.htm

Of course there is a link to it at the Doe Network but I thought it would be good to put it on here.

I just looked at his page the other day on doenetwork. I have a couple questions though. It seems like he was moving around a lot, were these new places each time or were they places he'd been before? How often was he moving (every few months or years)? Also, have you looked into having him listen on The Charley Project (http://www.charleyproject.org/)? A lot of times I'll look there if I want to know more info on someone cause it seems like doenetwork just puts the bare minimum amount of facts on their pages. I remember looking there for him because all of his moving around seemed sort of complicated.

Paradise,
My mother Joyce A. married him in 1978. They first met in Anderson, Indiana then moved to Cullmen, Alabama. After that time, they moved to Toledo, Ohio. After Toledo, they moved to Houston, TX. He moved around a lot because he worked on Contract for a living and that is where his work was. We lost touch with him in 1982/83 when my mother divorced him. He had drinking problems. I knew him for the time when my mother was with him. He was a very generous and nice man, even though he drank. He was never abusive or anything and worked hard.

We do not know what happened to him since 1983. I have not pursued it since that time, although I wish I had earlier. His natural son, John, who lives in Toledo has given me the okay to try and find him. His ex-wife (John's mother) passed away a few years ago. John is 36.

I have a lead I am following up on today. I will let everyone know on the website what happens. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Beverly

Belaine said:
Paradise,
My mother Joyce A. married him in 1978. They first met in Anderson, Indiana then moved to Cullmen, Alabama. After that time, they moved to Toledo, Ohio. After Toledo, they moved to Houston, TX. He moved around a lot because he worked on Contract for a living and that is where his work was. We lost touch with him in 1982/83 when my mother divorced him. He had drinking problems. I knew him for the time when my mother was with him. He was a very generous and nice man, even though he drank. He was never abusive or anything and worked hard.

We do not know what happened to him since 1983. I have not pursued it since that time, although I wish I had earlier. His natural son, John, who lives in Toledo has given me the okay to try and find him. His ex-wife (John's mother) passed away a few years ago. John is 36.

I have a lead I am following up on today. I will let everyone know on the website what happens. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks
Beverly
I will say a prayer.....

monkalup said:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/766dmtx.html
Several pictures available at the link

John Aaron Weichelt
Missing since February or March 1983 from Houston, Harris County, Texas
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 9, 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 42 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair; blue eyes. Mustache
Marks, Scars: He had a scar on his side.
Dentals: Partial plate in front
AKA: Jack

His children are searching for him. He was active in the early computer industry and in the military as well.

Weichelt was last seen at a bus stop at the 600 block of Richmond Avenue. Last know residence was a townhouse on Cheyenne Avenue in Houston Texas.
Other know residence before his disappearance is Toledo Ohio (Cobalt Consultant for Toledo Hospital; Anderson, Indiana; Cullman, Alabama; Houston, Texas (Baylor Industrial & more).

Please help us find him...

Hi Monkalup,

There are John Aaron Weichelt's listed at Zabasearch but the birthdates are July 1940. Any chance of the birthdate not being accurate? Here's the link just in case it's possible.

ttp://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php

O.T.- Any Jean news??

I called the number for the John A. Weichelt in Addison, TX (from zabasearch) and the number is not a working number. I am going to send a letter to the address today. I talked to my mother more and she said that my stepfather's middle name is Albert and not Aaron. We will correct that on the website and need to have it changed on the Doe Network. Also, the birthdate could have been 1941, my mother cannot remember. She did verify she is pretty sure it is July 9th. She also confirmed what my brother said, she was sure he was in the Army.

I, also, spoke with my stepbrother, John, and he is okay with everything we have done so far. He still has to go through old paperwork of his mother's (she is deceased) and will see if he can find the social security number.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it would just be nice to know what happened to him after all these years.

Sincerely,
Beverly

I spoke with the J. Weichelt in Arlington Heights, IL and he was able to tell me that the John Weichelt in Naperville, IL was his uncle who died in 1999 at the age of 92. That door is closed now. I still am going to send a letter to the address in Addison, TX to see if anyone responds. Also, I have called and left a message to the Wisconsin J. Weichelt one more time to verify that he is not in any way a relation to our "Jack". I had called quite a few years back and was told that but since I am reopening my interest in finding Jack, I thought it would be wise just to make sure so I can close that door as well.

Any suggestions anyone has to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried calling the Ryan Weichelt listed on zabasearch but all the numbers were no good. I thought maybe he could be an offspring of Jack that happened after we were in his life.

Have you done any searches in the Washington/Oregon/California areas? I'm just trying to come up with places he could've gone involving computers and the west coast is big on technology.

That is a good suggestion, I will take a look. I did look into some of the Nevada cases (Las Vegas).

I did find one J Weichelt in Los Angeles on anywho.com. Probably not him but it's worth a try.

Belaine said:
I spoke with the J. Weichelt in Arlington Heights, IL and he was able to tell me that the John Weichelt in Naperville, IL was his uncle who died in 1999 at the age of 92. That door is closed now. I still am going to send a letter to the address in Addison, TX to see if anyone responds. Also, I have called and left a message to the Wisconsin J. Weichelt one more time to verify that he is not in any way a relation to our "Jack". I had called quite a few years back and was told that but since I am reopening my interest in finding Jack, I thought it would be wise just to make sure so I can close that door as well.

Any suggestions anyone has to help me would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried calling the Ryan Weichelt listed on zabasearch but all the numbers were no good. I thought maybe he could be an offspring of Jack that happened after we were in his life.
I subscribe to NewspaperArchives.com, and would be glad to do a search for John A. Weichelt if you haven't already done so.

Marilynilpa,
That would be terrific! The Houston papers at that time were the Houston Chronicle and the Houston Post. Any research anyone would like to do would be helpful. You should look anytime in 1983 and later.
Thanks again,
Belaine

Belaine said:
Marilynilpa,
That would be terrific! The Houston papers at that time were the Houston Chronicle and the Houston Post. Any research anyone would like to do would be helpful. You should look anytime in 1983 and later.
Thanks again,
Belaine
I searched from 1983 through 2005, and found nothing. Sorry the search didn't turn up anything!

Thank you for researching! I wish something had shown up somewhere. :(

Bumping this:

It appears on zabaseach that there are both Addison, TX and 323 area code telephone numbers for Mr. Weichelt.

I see he is still considered missing Doe. Does anyone know if his family found him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back