1208 users online (199 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Mother Convicted in Daughter's Torture

A mother was convicted Friday on charges alleging she beat her 7-year-old daughter with a dog chain and keys, burned her wrists on a stove, poured bleach on her and forced cat food and salt down her throat.
    An Allegheny County jury found Debra Liberman, 52, of Carrick guilty of aggravated assault and related charges. She was acquitted of attempted homicide.

"This little girl was terrorized physically and emotionally and psychologically battered for a course of hours," Deputy District Attorney Laura Ditka said. "She told police and told the jury she thought she might die."

Police investigating reports of screams coming from Liberman's home in February 2004 said they found Haley Liberman in a closet, naked and wet.
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/...s_torture.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This was taken from the same story above....

"Liberman's attorneys had argued Liberman suffered temporary psychosis from asthma medication. They said they plan to appeal."

OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!! The child was tortured for hours!

poor little sweetheart. thank the lord someone rang the police.

I swear what the heck is wrong with people!! This disgust me, i have no sympathy for these people who say "oh it was my medicine" oh give me a freaking break, tortured for hours....We should beat her with a chain!!

"We certainly feel sympathy for Haley and the suffering she's had to endure," Todd Hollis said after the verdict. "But I don't believe my client is legally responsible."

Oh - Puh-lease !!!! This woman deserves to ROT !!!

Defense attorneys nauseate me. I don't know how they sleep at night. And how is it that she was NOT convicted of attempted homicide?? Are these the OJ and MJ jurors they're recycling?? Good grief!!