Janet Jackson's secret daughter?

Norma

Pook
Reaction score
http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=23046

JANET’S LONG RUMORED SECRET CHILD FINALLY CONFIRMED: James DeBarge’s brother spills beans during interview.

*After 18 long years, the existence of Janet Jackson’s child with former husband James DeBarge has finally been validated. James’ younger brother, Young DeBarge, revealed on New York’s WQHT-FM that Janet and James have a daughter named Renee who is 18-years-old.

"James and the Jackson family kept everything real close, real tight,” said Young. “No one really knew how it was working out until things kind of surfaced."

DeBarge and Jackson eloped in 1984 when Jackson was 18-years-old. The marriage was annulled the following year, largely due to DeBarge's drug habit. In the years that followed, rumors began surfacing that Jackson and DeBarge had a baby who was given to Janet’s older sister Rebbie to raise.

Young said that Renee still lives with Rebbie. He claims the situation has caused the relationship between the sisters to be somewhat strained.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=entertainment&id=3564452

Janet Jackson's rep Patti Webster didn't deny the claim yesterday, only saying the singer didn't wish to comment. And the young woman is not happy about her star mom's refusal to acknowledge her, the uncle said. "I think there's a little despondence," DeBarge said when asked about Renee's feelings for Jackson.

"She hasn't really revealed that, but I'm sure that there's some feelings there. It's only natural that you wonder about what is and how it's come to be that way."

Gotta wonder how she felt about that wardrobe malfunction thing ~

awww, thats terrible for the daughter to not have your mom acknowledge you...:(

Pook said:
Would you want to claim Michael as your uncle??

LOL She should be glad Janet didn't give her to Michael to raise.

How can someone get their marriage annulled when they had a child together?

That family never ceases to amaze me...

michelle said:
That family never ceases to amaze me...
Ditto! I guess amazed is a good word for my reaction. Poor 18 year old girl has a mom who doesn't want to acknowledge her, I wonder if she's known all along, or if she was raised to believe she was Rebbie's daughter. Never heard of Rebbie, before.

WhiteWolf said:

I believe if you can prove that there were undisclosed vital information you can

I bet Rebbie has been a better mother than Janet ever could have been. I wonder if James DeBarge is a father to her, or does he ignore her, too?

The Jacksons are just plain weird.

What cracks me up is no one cares! She's a washed up pathetic has been just like her brother. I understand where the young girl is coming from, for she should be so thankful she wasn't raised by that freak!

IMO Rebbie is the most sane one of the bunch, or at least I thought so. I know Rebbie through a mutual friend we share and have met her many times. I was shocked beyond words when she showed up to show her support for MJ after SUPPOSEDLY distancing herself from the rest of them for so long. Perhaps she is just as scummy, greedy and twisted as the rest of the Jacksons. For that young girls sake, I hope not.

I would LOVE to know the tactics employed ( threats) and $$$ involved to keep this officially hushed up for so long. I would also love to see the confidentiality agreements on that one!

How incredibly sad for that child.... she's a rotten person IMO if she keeps denying her.... good Lord. Money rules their lives I suppose.

WhiteWolf said:
LOL She should be glad Janet didn't give her to Michael to raise.

I know "good" Catholics who have gotten marriages annulled after 4 kids and 15 years of marriage!

Eve

:eek:

SieSie... I'm with you... I had never heard of Rebbie before this either.

I believe Rebbie is the oldest of the Jackson siblings - and apparently the smart one of the bunch to distance herself from the others.

Janet's daughter is probably much better off with Rebbie than any of the others.

Why on earth would someone rich and famous such as Janet Jackson want to HIDE a child??

eve said:
I know "good" Catholics who have gotten marriages annulled after 4 kids and 15 years of marriage!

Eve
My MIL tried to get her 23 year (and two kids later) marriage annulled just so she could get remarried in the Catholic church. If you have kids together, you shouldn't be allowed to do that. Wouldn't that make your children "bastards" since the marriage "didn't exist" in the eyes of the church? Btw, the Diocese turned down her request for annullment, and she had to get married by at the court house.

Cupcake said:
Why on earth would someone rich and famous such as Janet Jackson want to HIDE a child??

Probably Janet thought having a child would conflict with her young sexy image.....but she'll say it was for the child's protection - to keep her out of the media and all.

Cupcake said:
I'm sure it has to do with her "image" AND their religion. A shame to the family, especially since I think Debarge wasn't Jehovah Witness either.

Either way, she's HORRIBLE TO CONTINUE TO THIS CHARADE AND DISMISS THE CHILD. Poor girl. :(

In this link however, it only speaks of two daughters to Rebbie. So even Rebbie has never considered this girl as her daughter either. This child was truly hidden from the world. :( :(

http://meetthefamily.online.fr/rebbie.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back