TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendybtn

Reaction score
Breaking on Fox, CNN, etc., news channels. At a protest for two men killed by LE in other states, someone with a 'rifle' shot two officers assigned to monitor the protest. This is just now breaking. Shooter is being sought on Lamar, between Commerce and Main Streets.

Looks like it's still an active shooter, in a large parking garage, who shot the 2 cops with a long rifle...

Crazy people have small children there. Just standing around watching...

And now another active shooter at a hotel? Or same shooter, different place?

"Someone on the loose in downtown Dallas tonight."

Two officers shot, a Dallas Police Officer and a DART police officer.

Not a surprising turn of events unfortunately. I hope the officers will be okay and thst tensions can be eased. Not sure what can be done to fix all that is wrong in the longer term but I hope it happens quickly and peacefully.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This is insane. I heard they are looking for a male in a camo shirt who had gotten out of a red suburban. **no source so take it with that in mind** news just said 3-6 officers down.

Police order streets of downtown Dallas to be cleared!

One suspect down. One loose. Is what I am hearing.

50+ gunshots. Sorry for the broken sentences/fast replies. I'm on my phone listening to 3 news stations and trying to get in touch with some clients of my husbands who work as LE.

Apparently the event had been going smoothly, no issues, cops giving protestors plenty of space. Shooting came from parking garage according to witnesses. I saw videos of police going floor to floor clearing it out.

Fox just said possibly multiple shooters still on the loose. Mentioned something about clearing omni hotel. **again this is happening quickly, and I am switching between channels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie