LA - 22 yo autistic woman found in backyard cage, 5 arrested, Amite, 30 June 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

According to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a complaint on Rushing Lane, where they were told that a 22-year-old woman was being locked up in a cage (...)

Deputies said she was forced to live in a makeshift shelter – a blue tarp draped over a cage that somewhat resembled a dog kennel. She was often locked in the cage at night to keep her from wandering off from the property, according to law enforcement.

The woman appeared to be malnourished and had numerous insect bites on her body. (...)

The woman and four juveniles were removed from the home and turned over to the Louisiana Department of Health and the Department of Child and Family Services, respectively.

The following people were arrested on charges of human trafficking and cruelty to the infirmed:

• Raylaine Knope, 40
  • Bridget Lambert, 19
  • Taylor Knope, 18
  • Jody Lambert, 21
  • Terry Knope, 43
http://fox8.com/2016/07/07/5-arrested-after-autistic-woman-found-living-in-backyard-cage/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 239
Oh good grief! So thankful that someone called the authorities.
"The woman and four juveniles were removed from the Amite home and handed over to the Louisiana Department of Health and the Department of Child and Family Services.

Meanwhile, these are the five individuals who were arrested for human trafficking and cruelty to the infirmed:"

https://thehayride.com/2016/07/mons...autistic-woman-found-living-in-backyard-cage/

This is sick

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

The depraved actions of some people continue to sicken me. Their FB pages paint them as loving family people. Note to self (again), don't judge by Facebook appearances- we only put out what we want others to see.

There is a picture of what these monsters kept her in.

Horrid details emerge on autistic woman kept caged in Amite

http://www.fox8live.com/story/32404...y-have-been-there-since-oct-2015?sf30580909=1

My heart hurts even more after seeing that :( I also didn't realize that she may have been held there since October 2015...9 months is a LONG time. One small consolation I see is that while I know their intent was to force her into prostitution, from the articles I've read, it sounds like they didn't have the opportunity to follow through with their plan.

Looking thru all their pages it seems that their gmom was something at the local sheriffs office.. The speak of her in past tense assuming she is gone.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Her captors — Edwards said they were “somewhat related” to the woman but declined to elaborate so as not to identify the victim — had forced the woman to perform sexual acts on several people and had planned to take her to a specific location for sexual acts with “a large group of people” in exchange for the captors receiving money, the sheriff said.

“The lesson here, as far as I can tell, is that there are some very sick individuals in this world, and there are some sick individuals within Tangipahoa Parish,” Edwards said. “Human trafficking doesn’t discriminate. It exists in Shreveport. It exists in New Orleans. It exists in Tangipahoa Parish. It exists in St. Tammany Parish. It exists everywhere there are people.”

Four minor children, ages 7 and younger, also were removed from the home and placed in the custody of the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services, Edwards said.

The sheriff said the children did not appear malnourished, but he could not say whether they had been sexually abused. Investigators have reason to believe the children witnessed some of the treatment of the 22-year-old woman, he said.

Investigators believe the woman had been forcibly held in the outdoor hovel since at least October, following her mother’s death in August, Edwards said. They do not believe she was abused while her mother was alive.

The Sheriff’s Office received nonspecific information about the woman’s living conditions from a concerned citizen on June 26 and, through surveillance and interviews with witnesses, gathered enough evidence for the June 30 search warrant that led to her rescue.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.co...-arrested-for-keeping-autistic-woman-in-cage-

"They face charges that include human trafficking and cruelty to the infirm for allegedly conspiring to take the woman to a location where she would be forced to perform sex acts for money."

What disgusting and vile monsters! They should be locked up and NEVER unsupervised around vulnerable populations ever again (that includes pets). I suppose they were also collecting a disability check for the woman also. If they haven't checked into that, then they should and add welfare fraud charges. Even prison for them is better than what they provided for a vulnerable and defenseless woman.

In North Shore human trafficking case, is Taylor Knope an accomplice or a victim?

Those filings portray Knope not as a defendant who took part in some of the mistreatment, but as a victim who was subjected to the same sort of coercion as the other woman. Knope’s attorneys are asking the courts to provide a way for their client to get out of jail and receive treatment for the psychological abuse she suffered while under the control of her father and stepmother.
The abusive parents also forced the teen to quit school, cook methamphetamine, live in a shed behind the family’s trailer and stay away from friends, attorneys said. She followed orders in fear of receiving even worse treatment, they said.

If what the article talks about for TK (who just turned 18 two days before the raid) is true, she is a victim.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back