CANADA Canada - Helen Robertson, 79, Burlington, Ont, 5 July 2016

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/helen-robertson-missing-son-1.3670158

helen-robertson.jpg
Search for Helen Robertson, 79, 'like finding a needle in a haystack:' son
79-year-old woman with Alzheimer's still missing from Burlington

Jeff Robertson's mom is missing. Her name is Helen. She's 79 and has Alzheimer's. And he's counting on you.

"We would appreciate any help," he says. "It's like finding a needle in a haystack."

Police say Helen Robertson was last seen at her Millcroft Park Drive residence in Burlington early afternoon on Tuesday July 5.

"We're not exactly sure where she's gone, how far," said Jeff, who along with his sister Jill and extended family members, has been searching since Tuesday.

rbbm.
Robertson is described as white, 5-foot-2 and 110 pounds, with white, collar-length hair and glasses. She could be wearing a red, long-sleeved, collared shirt and two different shoes; one being a white-and-blue Nike high top and the other a white-and-silver Reebok.

She is fit and known to walk long distances.

Officers were expected to keep searching the neighbourhood – bordered by Appleby Line to the east, Walker's Line to the west, and Dundas Street and Upper Middle Road to the north and south – Friday evening.

Residents in Alton Village, Orchard and Headon Forest Communities are asked to check their properties, including sheds and other outdoor buildings.

Police have already searched the area with a helicopter.

Anyone with information is asked to call Halton police at 905-825-4747, Ext. 2305.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6759907-halton-police-still-searching-for-helen-robertson/

This has hit the news in a big way today. I live not far away. She could be anywhere. I'm surprised because the area she went missing from is a high density population area. It's incredible no one has seen her. I'm wondering if she got on a bus and ended up somewhere entirely out of the area. Fingers crossed they find her soon. Poor soul.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2812786/e...-missing-in-burlington-ont-for-3-days-police/

helen-robertson51.jpg

Investigators said she is known to walk long distances and they are concerned with the amount of time she has been missing in hot, humid weather.

An extensive ground search and aerial search were conducted with the help of the Durham Regional Police Service helicopter, but Robertson has still not been found.
Members of the public are asked to continue to keep an eye out for Robertson and immediately report any sightings to the police at 905-825-4747, extension 2305.

Praying that they find her and quickly. It's been 4 days!

I'm saying my prayers for her and her family. I hope they are check outbuildings and drainage culverts. My granddad had Alzheimer's and wandered away one day and he was found hiding in a drainage culvert. It was a warm day and we assume he took shelter from the sun there.

I feel so badly for this poor woman and her family. The hot weather we've been having is going to continue so I really hope they find her soon.

On one occasion about a year ago, Robertson slipped away and was found in the area of Winston Churchill Boulevard and Lakeshore Road, after a security guard discovered her on private property and called police.

On previous occasions when their mom has slipped away, they have been fortunate that she has been found immediately.

“We’ve either gotten a call from the police or somebody has brought her home. I thought it would get resolved fairly quickly but now that it hasn’t and with the extreme hot weather, we’re very concerned.”
http://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...lington-woman-thankful-for-community-support/

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...urlington-s-helen-robertson-enters-fifth-day/
Mounted_02___Gallery.jpg
Mounted unit search wooded area
GRAHAM PAINE/Metroland Media Group
Hamilton Police mounted officer Preston Gabriele, left, aboard Barron along with fellow officer Keith Malone aboard Rhli search the greenspace, south of Upper Middle Road and east of Corpus Christi Secondary School
Halton police announced Sunday that the search is continuing for a missing Burlington Senior with Alzheimer’s.

Helen Robertson, 79, has been missing from her Millcroft home near Millcroft Park, for five days.

“The search is continuing. We’ve got members of the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police), the Hamilton Police mounted unit, the Halton Regional Police Service Search Incident Response Team. We also have the Ontario Search and Rescue Volunteer Association,” said Det. Joe Barr, Halton police.
“They are all searching different areas of Burlington and the extended area. That is in addition to the areas that have already been covered by a helicopter with Durham Regional Police and the previous search efforts. This is still very much an active search.”

Barr said K9 units have also played a large role in the search efforts.

Ms. Robertson is still missing it's very sad I'm keeping my eye out for any news.

"As they beef up their search, Halton Police are asking Millcroft residents to continue keeping an eye out for Helen Robertson.
The 79-year-old woman with Alzheimer's was last seen Tuesday at her home near Millcroft Park on Millcroft Park Drive in northeast Burlington. Police, friends and family have been searching."

http://m.thespec.com/news-story/675...ngton-s-helen-robertson-missing-since-tuesday

It has been very hot and humid, so on one hand wondering if Ms Robertson removed her shoes because they hurt her feet, or to put them in water, on the other hand, it has been raining periodically and she might have taken them off because they were soaking wet.
Wondering if she might have attempted to find a school she once taught at?
speculation, imo.

http://www.680news.com/2016/07/08/police-continue-search-missing-burlington-senior/
Updated July 11/ 16

Investigators say mismatched running shoes believed to have been worn by Robertson were found on Friday, but police and volunteers have been unable to find her.

There’s been an extensive ground search plus the police helicopter from Durham Region has been searching from the air.

People in the Alton Village, Millcroft, Orchard and Headon Forest are being asked to check their properties including their sheds.

I saw that on the news this morning but didn't realize that they had found the shoes outside somewhere. I thought they had located them in the house as the pics were taken against a tile floor. Where in the world could she have gotten to? It's been brutally hot this past week and it's going to be hotter this week. It's like she's just vanished. If she hasn't found her way into a hospital or shelter of some sort, the heat and lack of water could be life threatening. Man I hope they find her soon.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/helen-robertson-seventh-day-missing-1.3673748
rbbm.
Search continues for missing 79-year-old Helen Robertson in 7th day

Halton Regional Police investigators are following up leads alongside a continuing uniform patrol ground search on Monday.

"We're at a point now where we're relying on the public to provide us sightings for searches in new areas," said Halton Police Staff Sgt. Ron Hansen.

She's no longer believed to be wearing the particular shoes police had said to look out for, but said she might be wearing a different pair of mismatched shoes.

"It's a significant amount of time that she's been missing," he said. Robertson could be outside of the Halton community by now.

Good grief. Poor Mrs Robertson and her family. It must be agonizing, and the poor husband is probably blaming himself when it's something that can happen to anyone.

This is so sad. Where could she be?
I do hope she's found resting in the shade somewhere.

Hoping against hope ... Maybe she wandered into a hospital and can't remember her name.

But wouldn't they have contacted authorities?

My grandmother had Alzheimers. It's a very sad disease. Pray Helen is found today!

Hoping against hope ... Maybe she wandered into a hospital and can't remember her name.

But wouldn't they have contacted authorities?

My grandmother had Alzheimers. It's a very sad disease. Pray Helen is found today!

I'm sure if she had no ID they would contact the police.

When a child wanders off, WS'ers always say to search FARTHER than you would think to search. I wonder if the same applies here.

I'm starting to wonder about Bronte Park/Bronte Creek. It never occurred to me how close she was to the Park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back