1023 users online (205 members and 818 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,508

    CA - Elvira Babb, 57, Vallejo, 30 June 2016

    http://abc7news.com/news/4-arrested-...ssing/1420565/

    Vallejo police say they have arrested four suspects in connection with the kidnapping for ransom of a 57-year-old woman. The victim has not been found.

    Police said they first received a report from the victim's 36-year-old son John Babb that his mother, Elvira Babb of Vallejo, was the victim of a kidnaping for ransom on July 1.
    IMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bel Aire, Kansas
    Posts
    7,410
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,315
    Oh no! Being this is July 9, I wonder if he met the kidnappers demand and then his mother was not returned?

    I remember when kidnapping was usually done for a ransom, back in the days. As many kidnappings as we have now, the police would really have a fiasco on their hands!

    I hope they can find this lady soon and she is safe.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    Elvira's photo

    image.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    Photo of perps

    image.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,289
    They killed her dog too

    Vallejo police said Saturday they are investigating a kidnapping for ransom case in which a woman was taken hostage and her dog was found dead.

    (...)

    Police identified Espinoza as the "primary suspect" and say none of the alleged kidnappers are divulging the victim's location. All of the suspects have criminal records and are "well acquainted with one another," police said.

    The Federal Bureau of Investigations has been assisting on the case, but the police are now reaching out to the public in hopes of finding Elvira.

    The kidnappers have asked for less than six figures, but police are not releasing the exact amount.
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...386152091.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    Dang, I feel for this poor woman, her son & her dog. I wonder if you're right 1&2&3.....maybe the son paid the ransom already. This is awful.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    http://abc7news.com/news/4-arrested-...ssing/1420565/

    Vallejo police say they have arrested four suspects in connection with the kidnapping for ransom of a 57-year-old woman. The victim has not been found.

    Police said they first received a report from the victim's 36-year-old son John Babb that his mother, Elvira Babb of Vallejo, was the victim of a kidnaping for ransom on July 1.
    The ABC article seems to have a typo: “That same evening, John Babb went to his mother's home at 101 Daniels Avenue in Vallejo and did find his mother. Her small dog was found dead inside the home, but there were no signs of of forced entry.”

    Anyhow, the whole thing really gives me the creeps.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    Oh no! Being this is July 9, I wonder if he met the kidnappers demand and then his mother was not returned?

    I remember when kidnapping was usually done for a ransom, back in the days. As many kidnappings as we have now, the police would really have a fiasco on their hands!

    I hope they can find this lady soon and she is safe.
    I wonder if this started out as a home invasion and if they couldn't get any money/valuables, they kidnapped her for ransom.
    IMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    1,784
    I wonder how they came about this kidnapping scheme. I'm thinking that they must know someone that's close to the family.
    The fact that they are not talking is worrisome.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    I wonder how they came about this kidnapping scheme. I'm thinking that they must know someone that's close to the family.
    The fact that they are not talking is worrisome.
    This article says:
    "A neighbor who lived near the victim told NBC Bay Area that Espinoza used to live in the building a few years back."
    So the victim probably knew who he was.

    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...386152091.html
    Last edited by verbonica; 07-09-2016 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fix italics

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,013
    Quote Originally Posted by verbonica View Post
    This article says:
    "A neighbor who lived near the victim told NBC Bay Area that Espinoza used to live in the building a few years back."
    So the victim probably knew who he was.

    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...386152091.html
    In the article above it lists the names of the perps. One's first name is Lovely...really?!? Hope she can get her(assuming the female) life together and live up to the name of Lovely.

    Sent from my SCH-I545

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,975
    I can't find any SM for the perps. :-/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    326
    It's horrible to kidnap someone. It's even more of a sign of pathology to kill the dog while you're at it. Disgusting. Doesn't look good

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,508
    http://www.timesheraldonline.com/gen...pects-arrested

    Basset said the exact amount of the ransom requested was not being released, but that it was “under six figures.”

    snip

    The dog’s cause of death was undetermined pending a toxicology report, Bassett said.

    snip

    Police know that Espinoza was an acquaintance of Elvira, though the extent of their relationship was unknown.
    IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA CA - Pearl Pinson, 15, Vallejo, 25 May 2016
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 608
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 11:33 PM
  2. Found Safe AR - Celquetta “CeCe” Babb, 25, Hot Springs, 31 October 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 11:22 PM
  3. Found Safe CA - Justin Babb, 29, Redding, 26 June 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Tags for this Thread