MI MI - Kenneth Kanehl, 39, & Pamela Barnes, 41, Waterford, 2 July 2005

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...t-in-waterford-double-homicide-11-years-later
AR-160709733.jpg

Kenneth Kanehl Jr

Pamela Barnes.

Search_for_answers_in_a_double_murder_co_726670000_20130705174329_320_240.JPG
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Pame...2oMKHfmbAqA4ChD8BQgGKAE#imgrc=9ThpWZj3K9suTM:

This week marks the 11-year anniversary of the 2005 killing of Kenneth Kanehl Jr., 39, and Pamela Barnes, 41, who were shot multiple times in the head at their home on Brunswick Boulevard, near Elizabeth Lake Road and Pinegrove Street.

The two were last seen at a party on July 2, 2005. A few days later, someone from Barnes’ workplace called her mother, Carolyn Barnes, to say she hadn’t shown up for work.

Worried family members also contacted police after the couple didn’t show to a family gathering for a fireworks show at a campground in Davison. Police went to the house and discovered their bodies. They had been shot multiple times in the head.

Family members of Kanehl Jr. and Barnes, partnered with Crime Stoppers of Michigan, continue to ask anyone who may have a tip that could lead police to a suspect in the slayings to call anonymously.

Reactions: mrz
Double murder may have ties to Flint area
Posted: Jul 08, 2016

Read more: http://www.wnem.com/story/32400452/double-murder-may-have-ties-to-flint-area#ixzz4E1PFc2Fs

attachment.php

Kenneth Kanehl Jr., 39, and Pamela Barnes, 41

Totally missed that on my search. Interesting. I'm not too far from Flint.

http://www.metro-trac.com/justice.asp

What the Police found when they arrived was a quiet residence on the 5400 block of Brunswick. The couples vehicles were parked in the drive and the front door appeared to be unlocked. As the Police entered the residence they found the couple shot to death in their bedroom. To the police there seemed to be no signs of forced entry, missing personal effects and the crime scene appeared to be a possible murder/suicide.

After a thorough search of the scene; no murder weapon was found though several bullet casings were located. The Waterford Police knew then that they were dealing with a Double Homicide. Pam and Ken had just moved into the residence over the Memorial Day weekend and this senseless crime appeared to have no direct motive. After 4 years of ongoing investigations there has been no motive, suspect or weapon found in this heinous crime. The family has contacted Crimestoppers to see if they could help in finding any individuals that may have information on this tragic crime.

justice1.gif

Is it normal for detectives to be isolated from the victim's family members? It sounds like there is very little contact between the family members and the police department. I just listened to a podcast with two private investigators and Kenneth's stepmother and she is talking about how their family is cut off from the investigation. I don't know if the podcast link is allowed here.

Is it normal for detectives to be isolated from the victim's family members? It sounds like there is very little contact between the family members and the police department. I just listened to a podcast with two private investigators and Kenneth's stepmother and she is talking about how their family is cut off from the investigation. I don't know if the podcast link is allowed here.

Thinking that it might be allowed, a moderator will let you know if it is not permitted, imo.
Assuming that LE may not give a family info. if they are checking out a suspect surreptitiously, or if perhaps a suspect is close to the family in some way.
Speculating imo.

Thanks Dot.

Podcast link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inside...e-murders-of-kenneth-kanehl-and-pamela-barnes

I understand why law enforcement needs to be tightlipped about aspects of an investigation but after 11 years it seems like they would provide a bit more information. I'm brand new here and I know I have a lot to learn about the workings of an investigation, but it just sounds strange to me, especially in light of the fact that this small town has a number of unsolved cold cases.

Family Pleads For Tips In Oakland County Cold Case Double Killing

Jessie Kanehl said the family is convinced that the person who committed these murderer had ties to Barnes, adding that she believes that it was a crime of “greed, jealousy and probably rage.”

She said a tip leading to the killer might help the family find some peace.

“I don’t know where anybody ever said you can get closure if something is solved; there is no such thing as closure,” she said. “But at least you know that somebody has been held accountable for their actions in this.”

Family searching for answers in 2005 Waterford double homicide

Police say they likely knew the killer and were targeted.

Police said they found a person of interest soon after the slaying, but could never get enough evidence for search warrants.

Family members say both Kanehl and Barnes had been in volatile relationships in the past and believe the killer was a former partner.

I reached out to Waterford PD, I want to cover this case. They are not interested in talking.

I know Trevor Hamilton well I would say he killed Pam & her b/f . !!!!!

He was obsessed with her from age 13 when he met her at Light house assemble of god church walled lake.

He once told me that if he can't have Pam then no one would could !

I know Trevor Hamilton well I would say he killed Pam & her b/f . !!!!!

He was obsessed with her from age 13 when he met her at Light house assemble of god church walled lake.

He once told me that if he can't have Pam then no one would could !
is Trevor the father of Pam's daughter?

Kenneth Kanehl Jr. & Pamela Barnes - 2005 Homicide - Waterford Township - Michigan Cold Cases
Kenneth Kanehl Jr. & Pamela Barnes – 2005 Homicide – Waterford Township

kennethkanehlpamelabarnes.png

Case Information
Name: Kenneth Kanehl Jr. & Pamela Barnes
Date: July 6, 2005

Kenneth Kanehl Jr. & Pamela Barnes were found murdered in their Waterford Township home on July 6, 2005. The incident occurred in the 5400 block of Brunswick Boulevard, near Elizabeth Lake Road & Pinegrove Street. They were shot to death while sleeping in their bed.

Nothing was stolen from the home and there was no forced entry. Police said they found a person of interest soon after the slaying, but could never get enough evidence for search warrants.

The two were last seen at a party on July 2, 2005. When Pamela didn’t show up for work a few days later concerned family members contacted the police, who went to the house and discovered their bodies.

39 year old Kenneth Kanehl Jr. & 41 year old Pamela Barnes moved into the Waterford Township home a month before their deaths. They both had daughters from previous relationships.

Kanehl Jr. grew up in Waterford and graduated from Waterford Mott High School. He worked for Minacs Corporation as a troubleshooter technician for General Motors vehicles. Pamela Barnes went to Walled Lake Western High School and graduated from Baker College with a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy. She worked at Evergreen Health & Living Rehab Center in Southfield.

How to Submit a Tip
If you have any information about the case please contact the Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 1-800-SPEAKUP or by submitting a tip online.

All tips are 100% anonymous. Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $3,250 for information that leads to the arrest of the person or persons responsible.
Oct 10 2017

Nothing was stolen from the home and there was no forced entry. Police said they found a person of interest soon after the slaying, but could never get enough evidence for search warrants.
MOO. DNA might come back to bite this person of interest in the *advertiser censored*..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back