FL - Amy Hatfield, 32, & Robert Massey, 59, slain, Jacksonville, 7 July 2016 *Arrest*

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...oman-murdered-in-Florida/stories/201607100182

A Pittsburgh woman and her uncle were killed during her trip to visit him in Jacksonville, Fla., last week.

The Jacksonville sheriff’s office is investigating the deaths of Amy Lynn Hatfield, 32, and her uncle, Robert Anthony Massey, 59, as a double homicide, according to media reports there.

The pair were found dead Thursday in Mr. Massey’s mobile home.

Apparently, she went to visit her uncle with her car and a male friend. Nothing else seems to have been disclosed yet, but there's a story to this for sure.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-07-09/story/law-order-victims-double-homicide-identified

"A friend of Hatfield’s, Jennifer Malsch, said the mother of two girls was from Pittsburgh and was visiting her uncle, Massey, with a friend. She said she’s not sure if the other man has been heard from or if Hatfield’s car has been found."

Curious Me's article states there were several others who lived in the mobile home....I wonder if they were present during the murder? Did the male friend do this and take off with her car?

Finally found something new. Watch the Video. Two of her friends believe her current boyfriend is the likely suspect. I guess LE is looking for him. The father of one of Amy's children, Jason, speaks on the video. It's reported that Amy and her uncle were found murdered in separate rooms.

Woman from Pittsburgh found dead in Florida
Updated: Jul 11, 2016 - 11:19 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/woman-from-pittsburgh-found-dead-in-florida/396699637

"I told her I'm going crazy myself," said Jason Kwiatanowski. "I'm still in shock. I think it's not believable yet."

Kwiatanowski is the ex-boyfriend of Hatfield and the father of her 11-year-old daughter. He said telling his little girl that her mother wasn't coming home was the hardest thing he's ever had to do.

"She said, 'I need another mom,'" said Kwiatanowski. "I said you don’t get that. I had to tell her you don’t get that twice."

Police aren't releasing many details about their investigation, only saying Hatfield and her uncle were found in two different rooms.

Sources told Channel 11's Catherine Varnum police are now looking to talk to her boyfriend. They said the suspect was still in Florida or could be in Georgia. Police did not releasing that person's name.

Here's another article and a good video. Said to be grisly murders. Oh It says Amy left for Florida with a man she met two months ago at a gas station. Police say that man has a car and cell phone, or maybe they mean her car and phone.

Pittsburgh woman killed in double murder in Jacksonville, Florida
UPDATED 5:45 PM EDT Jul 11, 2016
http://www.wtae.com/news/pittsburgh-woman-killed-in-jacksonville/40451042

Jason Kwiataowski of Ambridge is Hatfield's former boyfriend, and had remained in constant contact with her because they have joint custody of their daughter.

"I feel bad. It's so horrible. Because I loved Amy," Kwiatanowski said.

attachment.php

Man charged with murder in deaths of Pittsburgh woman, her uncle in Florida

A man who was being called a person of interest in the deaths of a Pittsburgh woman and her uncle in Florida has been charged with two counts of murder (...)

Thomas Brown, 34, was arrested Tuesday in Georgia after two warrants were issued for him in connection with recent burglaries and robberies, in Mt. Lebanon and Upper St. Clair, in which police said he stole jewelry and pawned it in downtown Pittsburgh.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks KayElJay. Can't find any news on when he goes to trial. Pleeasse...Lock him up for a real long, long time.

Brown was the fairly recent boyfriend LE was looking for and he confessed to killing Amy and her uncle. I wondered how and why this happened. Oh for heaven's sake, they were arguing about money and he ends up killing a mother of two, and her uncle they were only visiting. :shakehead:

Police: Man admits to killing girlfriend, her uncle
2 killed July 7 in Southside mobile home park; suspect arrested in Georgia
Updated: 11:21 AM, July 18, 2016
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/police-man-admits-to-killing-girlfriend-her-uncle

Thomas Brown is charged with two counts of second-degree murder.

The chilling details are here in this news article. The video with her daughter missing her mother is heartbreaking.

Lt. Steve Gallaher said a news conference Monday that Brown and his girlfriend, Amy Hatfield, 32, were arguing about money in her uncle's mobile home on Ascot Court and the fight became physical.

Gallaher said that Brown told police that he began choking Hatfield...

Newest article I could find on this case is from December 2016

Man charged in Florida killing of Pittsburgh woman, uncle could face death penalty
Florida prosecutors reportedly will seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing a Pittsburgh woman and her uncle in Jacksonville earlier this year.

Thomas Brown, 34, is charged with the deaths of Amy Hatfield, 32, and her uncle, Robert Massey, 59, in Massey's mobile home in July, according to Tribune-Review news partner WPXI-TV.

If capital punishment is sought in this case, it will be years before this goes to trial. Easily 2019 or 2020, barring a plea of some kind. Given the current issues with the FL death penalty though, I wouldn't be surprised if prosecutors eventually decide to move the case forward without seeking the DP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back