TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is
doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to
tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

There was a lot of discussion in previous thread about whether MB entered through the covered entrance or through the other, non-awning entrance.

I was just reading the most recently released search warrant for other reasons, and the wording about MB's entrance is absolutely clear:

"...Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main entrance, under the awning area."

Seems to be a definitive statement. Would you all agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a lot of discussion in previous thread about whether MB entered through the covered entrance or through the other, non-awning entrance.

I was just reading the most recently released search warrant for other reasons, and the wording about MB's entrance is absolutely clear:

"...Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main entrance, under the awning area."

yes, it clears it up for me. Unless the police consider the side entrance with a cover the Main Entrance. o_O

Long time lurker here--sorry if my question's already been answered somewhere. What do you think SP did with the tactical gear afterwards? Buried it? Do you think he/she found a dumpster without cameras nearby? Is that type of clothing very easy to burn? Or is it stashed in someone's house/vehicle?

Well, we'll see! :) I think it is clear if it is taken to mean the West side door.

Long time lurker here--sorry if my question's already been answered somewhere. What do you think SP did with the tactical gear afterwards? Buried it? Do you think he/she found a dumpster without cameras nearby? Is that type of clothing very easy to burn? Or is it stashed in someone's house/vehicle?

No clue. My thought is burn it - just seems the safest, but I have no clue and I haven't read anything official that really points us in any one specific direction.

Moving on from the entrance discussion...

I spent some time working on the layout of Room 10 which is the Teen classroom. My interest in it was because it was speculated that the door glass the perp is shown breaking at the end of the video could be to Room 10. We've previously come to believe that Room 12 is situated as shown on Jethro's diagram:

image.jpeg

If correct the door being broken into would be to the red room labeled NS.

Based on my work, I don't see how that room could be Room 10 even though it has a different ceiling than the other classrooms.

I can't come to a logical conclusion for the location of Room 10. So I'm posting my diagram here to let someone else with an interest give it a try.

image.jpg

It's not to scale, but I believe I've got essential elements correct. I oriented the room this way thinking Room 10 is on the east side of the building. It may need to be rotated if I'm wrong about that. Double windows instead of single were a guess based on observations of the building's exterior.

Hopefully one of the other WS members will be able to situate it correctly in the church diagram.

Good question!! I have wondered about that too.

By now, I'm assuming it's long gone. :(

Well, we'll see! :) I think it is clear if it is taken to mean the West side door.

Well, the covered entrance is covered by an awning - a big one. Unless the LE mis-spoke, that's got to be where she entered.

I think it went to a landfill, from a garbage dumpster. I mentioned this way back in these threads, and a poster ( I believe a local) posted that he/she thought that the 18th was actually pick up day for garbage in the area. No link, and it was a long way back...jmo

What if two ol' boys are sitting around the campfire after a day of hunting. They eat dinner, strike up cigar and
And start drinking beer. One of them says "hey if you were going to commit the perfect murder how would you do it?"
The other one takes a drink and says, "you would have to plan it A to Z. Leaving nothing to chance." Then says, "you got someone in mind?" Other says, "nah, just making conversation with us hunting and all." So he says,"you got any ideas?"
Not knowing he has a would be murderer in his midst - he continues and so the plan starts taking shape.

What if this person
didn't realize or maybe remember what he said because he was drinking and kept on drinking while the plan was hashed out. The other taking mental notes.

The would be murderer never mentions it again to his friend hoping he doesn't remember the conversation or if he does would not say anything for fear of being seen as involved by LE. Would be murderer hashes out plan.

Then any of our scenarios may have been put into play.

This was not planned in a day, week or month. JMO.
This wasn't a CIA hit, I am pretty sure.
Someone has(had) a notebook somewhere with each point checked off x 3.
Whether there was 1 or 2 - my opinion 2 (even if other one was a lookout)
This murder has people scratching their heads. Maybe LE has a
handle on this maybe not. Maybe the one that planned it has that 1 stone
out there that hasn't been turned over yet (Terri Seavers case was wife of one
of the killers). But it just takes that one part of the story unforeseen by the
Murderer for his tight woven story to unravel. (His friend remembers and
takes a chance in the name of justice -in this story)

This is just a tall tale from Texas.

Well, the covered entrance is covered by an awning - a big one. Unless the LE mis-spoke, that's got to be where she entered.

Ok, so if Missy entered in the main doors (SW) under the big awning. Which way do you think she was walking when the LE says, we saw her enter the building and start walking to where the Perp was? In other words where in the building do you think the murder occurred?

Seems to be a definitive statement. Would

Not really. The main entrance is the front (west).
The awning entrance is where missy parked (south). I think the cops thought where missy parked was the main entrance since that's the main area they went in and out of. Otherwise they would have just said main entrance. Not main entrance with the awning. JMO

The awning entrance is where missy parked (south). I think the cops thought where missy parked was the main entrance since that's the main area they went in and out of. Otherwise they would have just said main entrance. Not main entrance with the awning. JMO

Huh? There's only one awning area. He may have misspoken about the entrance being a main one, but it's clear, at least to me, which entrance he is referring to.

What if two ol' boys are sitting around the campfire after a day of hunting. They eat dinner, strike up cigar and
And start drinking beer. One of them says "hey if you were going to commit the perfect murder how would you do it?"
The other one takes a drink and says, "you would have to plan it A to Z. Leaving nothing to chance." Then says, "you got someone in mind?" Other says, "nah, just making conversation with us hunting and all." So he says,"you got any ideas?"
Not knowing he has a would be murderer in his midst - he continues and so the plan starts taking shape.

What if this person
didn't realize or maybe remember what he said because he was drinking and kept on drinking while the plan was hashed out. The other taking mental notes.

The would be murderer never mentions it again to his friend hoping he doesn't remember the conversation or if he does would not say anything for fear of being seen as involved by LE. Would be murderer hashes out plan.

Then any of our scenarios may have been put into play.

This was not planned in a day, week or month. JMO.
This wasn't a CIA hit, I am pretty sure.
Someone has(had) a notebook somewhere with each point checked off x 3.
Whether there was 1 or 2 - my opinion 2 (even if other one was a lookout)
This murder has people scratching their heads. Maybe LE has a
handle on this maybe not. Maybe the one that planned it has that 1 stone
out there that hasn't been turned over yet (Terri Seavers case was wife of one
of the killers). But it just takes that one part of the story unforeseen by the
Murderer for his tight woven story to unravel. (His friend remembers and
takes a chance in the name of justice -in this story)

This is just a tall tale from Texas.

Someone must have researched on a computer, made phone calls, and wrote down a list.
The list is easy to destroy. The other two have data trails if they get a warrant for right perp(s).

Huh? There's only one awning area. He may have misspoken about the entrance being a main one, but it's clear, at least to me, which entrance he is referring to.

Does Creekside Church consider one a Main Entrance?

respectfully - this is a good size church and I am pretty sure our police dept knows the main entrance from the side entrance no matter how they worded it. I would think they would have stated "MB entered where she was parked" if talking about the SW entrance." JMO

For anyone interested in the original discussion regarding MB's point-of-entry, it can be found in thread #30 (starting around page 14). There was still plenty of back and forth on the subject on page 24 (I stopped reading), and IIRC, there was still plenty more discussion on the subject after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts