1307 users online (227 members and 1080 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Cariyah Peavy & Marjor Peavy, 8 months, Riviera Beach, 12 July 2016

Missing child alert issued for two infants in Palm Beach County

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...unty/270955053
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Charmal Williams issued a tearful plea as she spoke Tuesday night about her missing 8-month-old twin son and daughter, Marjor and Cariyah.

(...)

“I just really wish you would bring my kids back to me,” Williams said during a news conference at the city’s police station at the Port Center building. “They need their mother. I just wish I had them in presence to just do everything for them right night now.

Investigators believe that Carlos Peavy may have taken the children out of state (...)
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...h-infan/nrxW6/

Doesn't this meet criteria for an Amber alert?

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    Doesn't this meet criteria for an Amber alert?
    I don't believe so. First, he does share custody with the twins' mother so I'm not sure it's technically an abduction. Also, there might not be any evidence that their lives are in danger (thankfully!!)

To activate an AMBER alert the following five (5) criteria must be met:
    • The child must be under 18 years of age.
    • There must be a clear indication of an abduction.
    • The law enforcement agency's preliminary investigation must conclude that the child's life is in danger.
    • There must be a detailed description of child, abductor and/or vehicle to broadcast to the public.
    • The activation must be recommended by the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/Ambe...ber-Alert.aspx

Thanks, I didn't think about it not being an "abduction" by definition.

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    He sure has a lot of pictures of his kids on there, gosh they're all adorable.

Since he has older kids, I'm wondering if they're all gone together? Who the heck is going to help him with 2 8 month olds?

Riviera police: Missing twins considered endangered, not kidnapped

The search for the missing 8-month-old twins from Riviera Beach is complicated by the fact that they are believed to be with their biological father — who has the same rights as their mother to be with the children.

Riviera Beach Police spokeswoman Rose Anne Brown called it a technicality, saying it will affect whether charges are filed against 34-year-old Carlos Peavy. The babies are considered endangered, not kidnapped.

But police continue to search for the twins because the children’s mother believes her son and daughter may be in danger.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...8-month/nrxgH/

8-month-old twins from Riviera Beach found and are safe

8-month old twins from Riviera Beach have been found and are safe, according to Riviera Beach police.

They were discovered in Georgia.

Police say the father of the children has turned himself in. Carlos Peavy surrendered to local police in Ocillla, Georgia.

He faces a charge of interference with custody.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...ildren-missing

thank God these babies are safe.

I knew he wouldn't last long. Turns out babies are hard work, lolollll....

Tough talk from a judge. She says a father who took off with his kids, setting off a statewide search, cannot have any contact with those children.

Judge Caroline Shepherd made it very clear in the hearing and set bond for Carlos Peavy at $5,000 and said he can't have any contact with his twins. "You can't call, write, visit, email, text, Facebook, whatever. Can't do any of those things."
    http://cbs12.com/news/local/no-conta...s-infant-twins