1315 users online (262 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

NM - Clint Spiros, 15, shot to death, Gallup, 17 Oct 1999

A man who shot his friend to death, buried the body and kept the crime a secret for nearly six years may not spend a day behind bars for the crime.

In 1999, Jason Williams killed Clint Spiros while the two were target shooting in Gallup. Six months ago, investigators found Spirosí body and charged Williams with his death.

However, in the six years since the shooting, Williams went from being a juvenile to an adult, and that led to controversy when he was finally charged with the crime.
    http://www.kob.com/index.cfm?viewer=...22415&cat=HOME
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

A man who didnít have to serve a day in jail for killing his friend blew his second chance, the victimís mother says.

Jason Williams was put on probation earlier this month for the 1999 death of his friend Clint Spiros. But, just nine days after he was given probation, Williams was arrested for driving drunk.

A plea deal and a legal technicality meant Williams only had to serve three years of probation for the death, since Williams was a juvenile when he shot his friend, but is now an adult.

Prosecutors have already asked a judge to revoke Williamsí probation because of the DWI arrest. That means he could serve 18 years behind bars.
    http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewe...t=NMTOPSTORIES
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I hope he gets that 18 years !!! Probation is so unfair to the victim and his family !