Found Deceased FL - Ted Lee, 58, Fort Myers, 14 July 2016 *Arrests*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Lee deputies say missing man believed to be in danger
636041930381247879-ted-lee.png

Ted Lee is missing and believed to be in danger, according to a Lee County Sheriff's Office news release.
He may be driving a silver 2015 Toyota Corolla with a Florida tag – K303BN – and deputies are also looking for three people, 18-year-old Jonathan Ruffini, 23-year-old Tyson Hunter and 14-year-old Lavaya May, who may know something about his whereabouts.
10994645_G.jpg

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...es-searching-missing-fort-myers-man/87143496/

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32454821/lee-deputies-say-missing-man-believed-to-be-in-danger

According to the top link it now says

Found Deceased

Authorities announced they found his body at around 7:30 p.m. Friday. Deputies are searching for three people of interest in the case including a 14-year-old girl Markham said was living with Lee at the time of his disappearance.

Sent from my SCH-I545

From the link above, the mom states she hasn't heard from her 14 year old daughter since she called and said she was moving to CA. Wow, no call to the police to report her missing? She is 14!!!!

According to the top link it now says

Found Deceased

Authorities announced they found his body at around 7:30 p.m. Friday. Deputies are searching for three people of interest in the case including a 14-year-old girl Markham said was living with Lee at the time of his disappearance.

Sent from my SCH-I545
This is all bad! These three look scary. Drugs(?). Why was a 14 yearold girl living with Lee? Is his car gone?

Glad you quoted the link I just accidently deleted my post. It moved when I got a phone error and clicked the wrong link.

Sheriff Scott has had several cases here on WS. I hope the next article I read with a statement from him, is that Diana Alvarez was found alive.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ils-buckingham-mans-murder-released/87333196/

Jonathan Ruffini, 18, and Tyson Hunter, 23, have been charged with second degree murder, grand theft of automobile, and fraudulent use of a credit card, and Lavaya May, 16, was charged with accessory after the fact of murder, grand theft of automobile, and fraudulent use of a credit card. Police originally had May listed as 14.

The sheriff's office said the common thread in the case and in the relationships with the murdered man, Ted Lee, and the two young men... is May, also arrested Monday. She lived in the same neighborhood as Lee for years...

Lee... was found dead and wrapped in a carpet with trauma to his body Friday night near a garbage container behind a Bradenton church, the Manatee County Sheriff's Office reported.

Fourth Update on Ted Lee Murder 7/20/16

The public’s interest in this high profile case is understandable given the nature of the crime. Ted Lee ‘s murder is shocking because of who was involved and their ages.

Jonathan Ruffini (B/M; DOB 2/10/98) and Tyson Hunter (W/M; DOB 9/17/92) and Lavaya May (W/F; 2/11/00) were all apprehended in Kansas and charged with Ted Lee’s murder. Lavaya was charged as an assessor to the murder.

Now that they have been taken into custody and awaiting extradition, more can be said as to the “why” the crime occurred.

The common thread in the case and in the relationships with Mr. Lee and the young men, is Lavaya the 16-year-old female. She lived in the same neighborhood as Mr. Lee for years.

As we understand it, they simply wanted to leave Florida and were headed to Colorado. They stole Mr. Lee’s vehicle and his credit card to help them flee the state.

Knowing the general area the suspects were traveling to, and sharing this information with Kansas authorities, led to the capture of these three violent individuals. Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office traveled to Kansas to follow up on leads developed in this case. Multiple law enforcement agencies in Kansas assisted in the investigation and the successful capture of the three suspects.

At this point they are held awaiting extradition. The extradition process will move at the speed of the courts in Kansas and we do not have a time frame at this point on their return.

MM/323912

https://www.facebook.com/sheriffleefl/posts/1212018595516077

Hmmm. So she wasn't just a bystander, eh. Still odd she was even staying w him.

Teen girl charged with murder after she 'convinced her boyfriend and his friend to stab and beat to death a man she claimed sexually abused her'

Lavana May, 16, is charged with murder alongside boyfriend Jonathan Ruffini, 18, and 23-year-old friend Hunter Tyson

Trio are accused of conspiring to kill Ted Lee, 58, in Florida last month

Cops say gang plotted the murder after May said Lee sexually abused her

Tyson and Ruffini then attacked Lee in his house with a bat and a knife in an attack so severe a piece of his skull was embedded in the wall

Lee's body was found dumped behind a church, while alleged attackers were arrested in Kansas four days after the killing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laimed-sexually-abused-her.html#ixzz4GSWFoKS7

LCSO report details how young trio allegedly killed Buckingham man

[...]

Tyson Hunter, 23, and 18-year-old Jonathan Ruffini are now in Lee County Jail on charges of homicide, credit card fraud and vehicle theft. May was booked into Lee County Jail on a homicide charge July 23 — 9 days after the killing of 58-year-old Ted Lee.

May told investigators that her "Uncle Ted' had been molesting her since she was 8 but had recently stopped.

Sgt. Matt McDaniel, a sheriff's spokesman, said that Lee had never been arrested in Lee County.

"There is nothing to support the allegations," he wrote in an email.

[...]

Grant Davis, step-grandfather to May, said Lee in the past was accused of sexually molesting (May), according to the warrant.

Davis lives in the neighborhood and saw May holding the door of Lee's home open as two men loaded a body into Lee's car.

As for what led to that ... "I'm going to tell you what happened," Ruffini told investigators before explaining all.

More at link: http://www.news-press.com/story/new...on-hunter-buckingham-kansas-manatee/87956726/

if she was in the custody of child services, and this guy molested her, why did she willingly continue to go to his house? Im not saying it didn't happen. The whole sitch is hinky.

Man involved in death of Buckingham man sentenced - June 1st

One of three people accused in the death of a Buckingham man was sentenced to 40 years in prison for his involvement Thursday.

The state attorney's office said Hunter Michael Tyson, 24, pleaded no contest in a plea agreement to charges of second-degree murder, fraudulent use of a credit card, grand theft of a motor vehicle and conspiracy to commit murder for his role in Ted Lee's death.

Teen agrees to 25 years in prison for Lee Co. man's murder - July 6th

19-year-old Justin Ruffini entered guilty pleas to 2nd degree murder, illegal use of a credit card and grand theft. As part of his plea deal, he will spend 25 years in prison if he testifies against co-defendant Lavaya May. Prosecutors will decide if he held up to his end of the bargain after May's trial.

Trial delayed for girl accused of killing Buckingham man

Judge Ramiro Manalich granted a motion from prosecutors Tuesday to put off the trial of Lavaya May after they argued they weren’t prepared to begin without the ability to use a key piece of evidence.

Jury selection was to have taken place Tuesday morning, but that will instead take place once the trial is rescheduled. The new start date will be sometime within the next 90 days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back