1066 users online (174 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Post KY - Suspect In Wife's Attempted Murder Walks From Jail

A man who was arrested for attempted murder when his wife regained consciousness is out of jail, and the victim's children are afraid he might return to finish up the job, News 5's Sheree Paolello reported.

Mark Nicelely told police for months that his wife, Jody, tried to kill herself -- he said he found her in the bedroom of their Independence, Ky., home suffering a gunshot wound to the head.

She's been hospitalized for four months, but when she could communicate again, she told police her Niceley had shot her in the face.

A Kenton County judge lowered Niceley's bond from $25,000 cash to $15,000, so he's free again.
    http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...08/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

What in the hell is this judge thinking???

Did you see where Nicely's dau says that her mother has said that during visits in 4 month period where her mother couldn't communicate, that the suspect has made threats to her mother?
    I hope the family has arranged for someone to be with her mother round the clock in case he tries to sneak back.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

thank god the woman survived to tell the truth ,this judge has got to be
    kidding .the woman will need lots of protection .I would be worried about the family too in case he went after them.

Here is another one that happened in Atlanta that wasn't so lucky to survive. But at least other family members could talk about it. He is still on the run.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...enkilling.html

THIS IS SO OUTRAGEOUS!
    IMHO

In cases like those, wouldn't it be great for the courts to hold the idiot judges accountable and charge them with being an accessory to murder? Just a thought I had. Maybe these judges would be a little more cautious about letting people like that go if they knew they're butts were on the line with possible jail time. I doubt that would ever happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    In cases like those, wouldn't it be great for the courts to hold the idiot judges accountable and charge them with being an accessory to murder? Just a thought I had. Maybe these judges would be a little more cautious about letting people like that go if they knew they're butts were on the line with possible jail time. I doubt that would ever happen though.
    I like your idea, but I agree that it probably wouldn't ever get passed.

BUT, how about this: statistics about those who reoffend while out on bail should be available for each judge. They should also be sorted by the crime. Sooo...if a woman needs a restraining order or if a man is charged with attempted murder in a case like this one, the prosecutor or the woman's attorney could ask that the judge recuse himself for cause, based on his poor track record of protecting women in similar circumstances.

A few column inches like that might change some minds.

February 2007:

It took just one hour Friday morning for jurors to decide on a prison term for 46-year-old Marc Niceley. He was found guilty Wednesday of criminal intent to commit murder for shooting his wife, Jody, 48, of Independence.

The jury recommended a sentence of 14 years, and Kenton Circuit Judge Gregory Bartlett agreed.

Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Christy Muncy and co-counsel James Redwine said it would have been odd, if not impossible, for Jody Niceley to have shot herself in the top and back of the head.

Prosecutors convinced the jury that it was Marc Niceley who pulled the trigger.
    Jody Niceley was in a coma for months, in rehab learning to walk and talk again. Her speech and memory were impaired, but she was well enough to testify against her husband and to attend the sentencing Friday.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...NliqE6ajKLu9nw

Marc Clinton Niceley
    0131213.jpg

6'3"
    Green eyes, gray hair
    55 years old
    DC number: 207350

Parole Eligibility Date:
    12/30/2018

Minimum Expiration of Sentence Date (Good Time Release Date):
    9/02/2019

Maximum Expiration of Sentence Date: