1560 users online (292 members and 1268 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1655
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Who would she have allowed into her house and willingly left with late at night, taking her purse and keys? The only person I can think of would be the old boyfriend whom she apparently still care about. Wasn't he in town that day? This is assuming that LE does not feel there was a confrontation in her bedroom, which it appears they do not. But, if he broke up with her several months ago, why would he bother to see her and harm her?

    Who's caring for her dog and cat?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    time and possibilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    Who would she have allowed into her house and willingly left with late at night, taking her purse and keys? The only person I can think of would be the old boyfriend whom she apparently still care about. Wasn't he in town that day? This is assuming that LE does not feel there was a confrontation in her bedroom, which it appears they do not. But, if he broke up with her several months ago, why would he bother to see her and harm her?

    Who's caring for her dog and cat?
    I hope she is found soon.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    Who would she have allowed into her house and willingly left with late at night, taking her purse and keys? The only person I can think of would be the old boyfriend whom she apparently still care about. Wasn't he in town that day? This is assuming that LE does not feel there was a confrontation in her bedroom, which it appears they do not. But, if he broke up with her several months ago, why would he bother to see her and harm her?

    Who's caring for her dog and cat?
    What if she called him (explains phone in the bathroom) had to see him (she's been having a hard time getting over him) ... he agrees to come meet her...
    picks her up, she thinks they can go for a quick drive ... he gets tired of her
    "harassing him" and does something with her ... or they argue and she gets out of the car and starts walking and she either jumps off a bridge or someone runs her over or someone picks her up and kills her???

    I read that she took it so hard one day she had to pull over off the road and have someone come get her. I believe that was in Steve's blog about the men in her life ... I linked to it a few posts up.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163

    Grinstead's sister believes she's still alive, close to home

    The ever-growing search gives family members hope. "She may not be well, but I do feel like she's alive," says Anita Gattis.

    While search teams continue to scour the county, the family has a private recovery agent on the case. Gattis says clues he's found lead back to her sister's car.

    "Her vehicle was unlocked. That's very uncharacteristic of Tara. She always locks it, always, always, always. There's some question about the position of the seats. She was short, 5'3". That's a big red flag," Gattis says.

    She also says the front of Grinstead's car was covered in bugs, leading Gattis to believe it had been driven throughout the night.
    "I think that she left with someone that she knows, either under false pretenses, or maybe she left genuinely thinking she was going for a legitimate reason, and that it got ugly after that."

    Gattis and her family are pleading with those responsible for Grinstead's disappearance to call their private tip line and let her go.

    "If it was somebody and you had no intention of it snowballing like this, she will be picked up and law enforcement will not be notified until she is safely returned."

    Gattis says she's praying that's soon, so her sister will be home in time to celebrate her birthday on November 14th.

    More http://walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4075721

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,952
    I've been puzzled by why Tara's clock/radio was 6 hours ahead of time as mentioned in the Nancy Grace interview.
    If I turn my clock/radio off then turn it back on again, it reverts back to 12pm ie midday, so if Tara's clock/radio was showing the time as 6 hours later than the true time, it may have been turned off then back on again.
    I don't know if all clock/radios when turned off then turned back on again start at 12 midday as mine does or if some start again at 12 midnight.
    This might explain the discrepancy in the time shown on Tara's clock/radio.
    Someone, for whatever reason may have turned the clock/radio off then turned it on again...maybe when Tara got home that night she saw that it was turned off, then whilst in the process of setting it again, was intercepted by someone who was lying in wait????
    Maybe someone who is feeling a bit more alert that I am at the moment could try and work out a hypothetical time that the clock/radio may have been turned off then on again, to come to a conclusion why it was 6 hours ahead when found.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    100
    Authorities have questioned a former boyfriend of Grinstead's, Gattis confirmed. "They broke up about nine months ago," she says. "He has been questioned many times at length. He has obtained an attorney.

    "They had had a very bad argument, I just found out, several days before she went missing, concerning an 18-year-old that he was dating. My sister did not think that (the 18-year-old's) parents would approve of a 30-year-old dating an 18-year-old. I'm told that she threatened to tell the parents, and they had a very heated argument over this."

    This is from an article I found a link to over on Missing and Abducted. I think it's a CBS news article. Anyhow, I think this is interesting and may provide a bit of a motive for the ex. He also had a key to her house, so there would be no signs of forced entry. The fact he has hired an attorney is also a bit suspicious. I wonder if he has an alibi.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by adit
    Authorities have questioned a former boyfriend of Grinstead's, Gattis confirmed. "They broke up about nine months ago," she says. "He has been questioned many times at length. He has obtained an attorney.

    "They had had a very bad argument, I just found out, several days before she went missing, concerning an 18-year-old that he was dating. My sister did not think that (the 18-year-old's) parents would approve of a 30-year-old dating an 18-year-old. I'm told that she threatened to tell the parents, and they had a very heated argument over this."

    This is from an article I found a link to over on Missing and Abducted. I think it's a CBS news article. Anyhow, I think this is interesting and may provide a bit of a motive for the ex. He also had a key to her house, so there would be no signs of forced entry. The fact he has hired an attorney is also a bit suspicious. I wonder if he has an alibi.
    I am so glad you posted this. I had read this early this morning on *************. This puts a different equasion into the scenario IMO. If he wanted to move on with his new love interest and she was putting the brakes on his endeavors this could possibly be a motive.Just speculating here but I see things differently than a few days ago.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163

    Grinstead search reaches two weeks

    Irwin County- Her family wants people to take a good look at Tara's picture. Two weeks ago Saturday was the last time 30 year old Tara Grinstead talked to anyone. Her family has worked hard to make sure as many people as possible see her face.

    "We're looking for anything, we're not looking for a person we're looking for clothes, pocketbook, keys, anything we can find that might be of some help to somebody, but we've had no luck," said Wayne Dennord, Fire Chief and volunteer.

    More: http://walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4078107

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Her sister stated that it looked as though the car had been driven throughout the night because the front was covered in bugs. It seems the position of the seat wasn't right, also. Why aren't there fingerprints?

    Was the culprit on foot, and did he somehow manage to enter her house, forcing her to drive her car somewhere? Could he have done something to her, then driven the car back to her house?

    The 30 year old boyfriend is after an 18 year old girl. I wonder if she was one of Tara's students and that's how she found out. I wonder if the girl's parents have found out by now and ended the relationship.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    Her sister stated that it looked as though the car had been driven throughout the night because the front was covered in bugs. It seems the position of the seat wasn't right, also. Why aren't there fingerprints?

    Was the culprit on foot, and did he somehow manage to enter her house, forcing her to drive her car somewhere? Could he have done something to her, then driven the car back to her house?

    The 30 year old boyfriend is after an 18 year old girl. I wonder if she was one of Tara's students and that's how she found out. I wonder if the girl's parents have found out by now and ended the relationship.
    Your post got me thinking of a possible scenario. Her phone was found in the bathroom....what if she got a call from someone she knows stating they were having car trouble and needed a lift? She goes to pick him up and then drive to where he asked but something happens along the way. He takes her to a desolate area and hides the body (Think Ben Fawley). Then he drives her car back to her house and has on latex gloves. He rips them off after getting out of the car and one falls from his pocket unbeknownst to him. Then he walks to his strategically hidden car.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    It's got to have something to do with her threatening to tell the parents of the 18 year old girl her ex was dating ... i think she was really hearrbroken over him and jealous, too, maybe??

    They had gotten in an argument just a few days before.

    Too coincidental to me, but that's just my feelings. Plus, he lawyered up and won't take a polygraph.

    The kid who knocked on her door and had a crush on her volunteered to take on so I don't suspect him any more.

    She wasn't over the ex and was hoping to get back with him. He apparently didn't feel the same.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by adit
    Authorities have questioned a former boyfriend of Grinstead's, Gattis confirmed. "They broke up about nine months ago," she says. "He has been questioned many times at length. He has obtained an attorney.

    "They had had a very bad argument, I just found out, several days before she went missing, concerning an 18-year-old that he was dating. My sister did not think that (the 18-year-old's) parents would approve of a 30-year-old dating an 18-year-old. I'm told that she threatened to tell the parents, and they had a very heated argument over this."

    This is from an article I found a link to over on Missing and Abducted. I think it's a CBS news article. Anyhow, I think this is interesting and may provide a bit of a motive for the ex. He also had a key to her house, so there would be no signs of forced entry. The fact he has hired an attorney is also a bit suspicious. I wonder if he has an alibi.
    I really think this is something to be considered...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    A discussion board has been created for Tara. You can send good wishes to the family there.

    http://findtara.com/phpBB2/index.php

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    A discussion board has been created for Tara. You can send good wishes to the family there.

    http://findtara.com/phpBB2/index.php
    This is an extremely good board.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Tonight on Fox LineUp

    They talked to one of the searchers and Tara's sister. The searcher said the team she was with today found a shirt. She was asked to descibe the shirt and she only said it was bagged and given to the GBI. Her sister only said it was a female article and Tara had one just like the one that was found. She was not certain if it was Tara's. She also stated that it was found by a body of water on the outskirts of town.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast