881 users online (166 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Bowling Green, WhtFem 667UFKY, 25-35, hit by truck on I-65, Jun'78

http://doenetwork.org/cases/667ufky.html
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/955

I was unable to find a thread for her. Of course, if there is one that I have overlooked, please delete this.

This woman was killed after walking in front of a truck on the Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. Despite her being found right after her death, they came up with a truly awful reconstruction, which you can view on the Doe Net link. To be fair, her upper jaw was "completely shattered" according to Doe, but it's still a really bad reconstruction. Perhaps they could release the post-mortem photo with her jaw covered? Anyway, I'm not even going to try using the reconstruction as a reference point while combing through MP reports.

Something that could potentially help ID her is the fact that she had an Intrauterine contraceptive device/IUD or coil. That is a "'T'-shaped small contraceptive device, often containing either copper or levonorgestrel, which is inserted into the uterus." Could be helpful; worth nothing either way.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Patsy Ravens?
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ravens_patsy.html

IUDs of the era were produced in a variety of shapes. Doctors were also more hesitant back then than today to insert them in women who have never had children, so chances are high that this UID is a mother.
    http://www.wired.com/2011/07/ff_iud/

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    This woman was killed after walking in front of a truck on the Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. Despite her being found right after her death, they came up with a truly awful reconstruction, which you can view on the Doe Net link. To be fair, her upper jaw was "completely shattered" according to Doe, but it's still a really bad reconstruction. Perhaps they could release the post-mortem photo with her jaw covered? Anyway, I'm not even going to try using the reconstruction as a reference point while combing through MP reports.
    Judging from the angle from which the reconstruction was photographed I wonder if the whole other side of her face was destroyed, though obviously they could simply have mirrored the side they did have to create a whole face.

And what does "walked out in front of a truck" mean? Do they think she committed suicide or simply wasn't looking where she was going?

It sounds like suicide by truck to me. It woukdnt be the first. Back in my earlier days of driving a truck I came upon a scene where a man walked out in front of a truck as a means to suicide. It's a scene that's stuck with me all these years.

I wish there was more information available for this doe.

I-65 runs north-south. This lady could have come from anywhere as I-65 has many west-east highways and interstates that cross it in several different states.
    Doe network does not state if she walked out into the north or south side of the interstate so it's hard to know which direction she came from.

One thing I note is it was June when she deceased however her clothing description gives a insulated jacket. That's a odd clothing article for that time of year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wish there was a better reconstruction of this individual. That has got to be the worst reconstructive image I have ever seen. I would love for this case to get solved but Sadly I think her image will keep her from being identified. Based on that image alone would lead me to look for someone who suffered from Hedrocephalus.

A few things,
    1. Namus and Doe have conflicting reports about the day this happened. One says May 19 and the other says June 2.
    2. I cannot find any newspaper articles on this from my subscription for newspapers.com which I find odd because I would think this wouldve attracted media attention, but then again, maybe not.
    3. Has anyone ever tried calling the coroners office to see if they will share anything more to the public?
    4. I wonder why her DNA isnt in the system....maybe this was the norm for UIDs in 1978.
    5. Her IUD shouldve at the very least had a lot number, right? Couldnt they trace that back to the manufacturer and get a list of dr offices they supplied to?
    Take a look at this unidentified woman found in Schertz, TX back in 1987
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...verdose-Apr-87

Cases that keep me up at night
    *Schertz Jane Doe*Ann Gotlib*Heather Elvis* Harvey Allen Kays* Brittanee Drexel