KY KY - Bowling Green, WhtFem 25-45, UP955, Hit by Truck on I-65, IUD Device, Marlboro cigs, Clothes, Jun'78

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/667ufky.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/955

I was unable to find a thread for her. Of course, if there is one that I have overlooked, please delete this.

This woman was killed after walking in front of a truck on the Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. Despite her being found right after her death, they came up with a truly awful reconstruction, which you can view on the Doe Net link. To be fair, her upper jaw was "completely shattered" according to Doe, but it's still a really bad reconstruction. Perhaps they could release the post-mortem photo with her jaw covered? Anyway, I'm not even going to try using the reconstruction as a reference point while combing through MP reports.

Something that could potentially help ID her is the fact that she had an Intrauterine contraceptive device/IUD or coil. That is a "'T'-shaped small contraceptive device, often containing either copper or levonorgestrel, which is inserted into the uterus." Could be helpful; worth nothing either way.

This woman was killed after walking in front of a truck on the Interstate 65 in Bowling Green. Despite her being found right after her death, they came up with a truly awful reconstruction, which you can view on the Doe Net link. To be fair, her upper jaw was "completely shattered" according to Doe, but it's still a really bad reconstruction. Perhaps they could release the post-mortem photo with her jaw covered? Anyway, I'm not even going to try using the reconstruction as a reference point while combing through MP reports.

Judging from the angle from which the reconstruction was photographed I wonder if the whole other side of her face was destroyed, though obviously they could simply have mirrored the side they did have to create a whole face.

And what does "walked out in front of a truck" mean? Do they think she committed suicide or simply wasn't looking where she was going?

It sounds like suicide by truck to me. It woukdnt be the first. Back in my earlier days of driving a truck I came upon a scene where a man walked out in front of a truck as a means to suicide. It's a scene that's stuck with me all these years.

I wish there was more information available for this doe.

I-65 runs north-south. This lady could have come from anywhere as I-65 has many west-east highways and interstates that cross it in several different states.
Doe network does not state if she walked out into the north or south side of the interstate so it's hard to know which direction she came from.

One thing I note is it was June when she deceased however her clothing description gives a insulated jacket. That's a odd clothing article for that time of year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wish there was a better reconstruction of this individual. That has got to be the worst reconstructive image I have ever seen. I would love for this case to get solved but Sadly I think her image will keep her from being identified. Based on that image alone would lead me to look for someone who suffered from Hedrocephalus.

A few things,
1. Namus and Doe have conflicting reports about the day this happened. One says May 19 and the other says June 2.
2. I cannot find any newspaper articles on this from my subscription for newspapers.com which I find odd because I would think this wouldve attracted media attention, but then again, maybe not.
3. Has anyone ever tried calling the coroners office to see if they will share anything more to the public?
4. I wonder why her DNA isnt in the system....maybe this was the norm for UIDs in 1978.
5. Her IUD shouldve at the very least had a lot number, right? Couldnt they trace that back to the manufacturer and get a list of dr offices they supplied to?

No photo, however there are photos of her lying down with shirt on, not showing face.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number78-244 KSP
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-45
Estimated Year of Death1978
Estimated PMIHours
Height4' 10"(58 inches) , Estimated
Weight175 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundMay 19, 1978
NamUs Case CreatedMarch 27, 2008
ME/C QA ReviewedMarch 28, 2008
Location Found Map
Street AddressInterstate 65Bowling Green, Kentucky
CountyWarren County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryHit by truck
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionBrown, straight, below shoulders.
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Finger and toe nails
the fingers and feet were well kept, per autopsy report

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
Package Marlboro cigarettes small leather coin purse containing $1.49 in coins 2 Bic lighters (one yellow, one white)
Near the Body

Clothing
Blue jeans. Insulated black jacket, size large, "Big Smith" brand. Blue/white short sleeve knit sweater. Yellow panties. White Playtex Living bra size 38-B. White athletic socks with red, white, blue stripes around top.
On the Body

Footwear
Brown leather hiking shoes, "Exersole" brand.
On the Body

Jewelry
Silver hair barette
On the Body

EDIT:

There is a thread for this already, please merge
KY - KY - Bowling Green, WhtFem 667UFKY, 25-35, hit by truck on I-65, Jun'78

Let's just see this post as an update

I noticed something on another case and it's the same with her... Most of the "Google Maps" links on NamUS are basically useless. I don't know if they've updated something with their software or something that made them be off or what. But most are pretty far afield from where remains were actually found.

A male UID found near Shepherdsville was both burned and sat around for enough time to be pretty decomposed. Yet it marks him as being found right in the middle of town near the courthouse. There was at least one other KY UID that was noted to be found "near" or "outside of" a town and the map marks the center of that town.

This girl is marked as having been found a good 10-miles from I-65 on the other side of Bowling Green from the Interstate.

Does anyone know why they removed the reconstruction of her? I’m having a hard time trying to make sense of the physical description. “4’11 - 5’6, 165 lbs” - those 7 inches make a big difference when factoring in that weight. IMO

Does anyone know why they removed the reconstruction of her? I’m having a hard time trying to make sense of the physical description. “4’11 - 5’6, 165 lbs” - those 7 inches make a big difference when factoring in that weight. IMO

Very odd. It would seem that they would be able to have a much more accurate height for that type of accident. NamUs states 4'10 and 175. Height is estimated but weight is measured????

Very odd. It would seem that they would be able to have a much more accurate height for that type of accident. NamUs states 4'10 and 175. Height is estimated but weight is measured????

I wonder if that 58 inches should be 5'8" and 175 lbs. Though the pictures of the sweater are really small and horrible, what you can see of the body does not look like what I would expect to see for someone being 4'10 and 175 lbs. But again, the pictures aren't much of a help.

Hey you guys, I can tell you from seeing the aftermath of a truck vs. pedestrian accident on a 3 lane hwy. A lady was bent down to view her flat tire, when she stood up, she accidentally stepped into the path of a large truck running 60-75mph. He did not have time to brake AT ALL. The hwy. was shutdown for hours to investigate and cleanup. GRAPHIC EXPLANATION: I don't mean to be gory but they had to pour sand all over the hwy it was so bad, there were parts..steaming due to the cold weather and warmth of body. We still aremt sure what all we were seeing we just know it was a woman. So the body may not be complete making it more difficult to determine exact height IMOO.

Yah! This one is way too confusing. I can’t even tell what exactly it is I’m supposed to be seeing in those photos. Her torso or chest area I assume. I just wondered why the photos were removed. Sometimes bad recons (or PM photos) are better than none at all :/

Hey you guys, I can tell you from seeing the aftermath of a truck vs. pedestrian accident on a 3 lane hwy. A lady was bent down to view her flat tire, when she stood up, she accidentally stepped into the path of a large truck running 60-75mph. He did not have time to brake AT ALL. The hwy. was shutdown for hours to investigate and cleanup. GRAPHIC EXPLANATION: I don't mean to be gory but they had to pour sand all over the hwy it was so bad, there were parts..steaming due to the cold weather and warmth of body. We still aremt sure what all we were seeing we just know it was a woman. So the body may not be complete making it more difficult to determine exact height IMOO.

Even a size on her clothes would help. That alone I think would clear up 4'10" or 5'6".

That’s true @proctorelites ... I’ve seen similar with motorcycle fatalities. Not pretty at all. Well, I guess we’re going to have to really use our imaginations...or one of us will find just the right girl at just the right time. It sometimes happens that way. Fingers crossed...

I wish her age estimate wasn't so vague. I wonder if the state of her head was so bad they couldn't make out if she had any wrinkles or face marks that are typical to people in their forties.

Also, no fingerprints? I really don't want to think how badly this poor gal's body was mangled. Either that, or the policemen really didn't do a good job.

Last edited:

From the WaybackMachine - old DN page from Sept 13, 2017:

• Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
  • Race: Caucasian
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown, straight hair, below shoulders
  • Eye Color: Brown

The bad recon is also on the page:
The Doe Network: 667UFKY

Okay, yeah, this is pretty unflattering.
667UFKY.jpg

I always forget about the WaybackMachine! Thank you CCJD!

So, she went from 5’6” on DN and 4’10 on NamUs to 4’10-5’6” on DN and holding steady at 4’10” on NamUs? :confused: Have mercy on us all!

And no DNA? o_O Ugh. I mustn’t throw stones.

That recon is...better than nothing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back