IL IL - Dalton Mesarchik, 7, Streator, 26 March 2003

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
It's been six months since seven-year-old Dalton Mesarchik was abducted from in front of his home, fatally bludgeoned with a sledgehammer and dumped in the Vermilion River. His mother renewed her plea yesterday for help in the unsolved case.
http://news.onemissingperson.org/IL...months-after-childs-abduction-and-murder.html

Although investigators have fielded more than 750 telephone calls in connection to the abduction-murder of 7-year-old Dalton Mesarchik, police do not have enough evidence to make an arrest.
http://www.ottawadailytimes.com/news/story.php?storyid=9000875

Something about this case seems a bit more of a "getting back at" or an anger problem. Maybe someone was either mad at one of the parents, felt the boy was standing between something or going to report them.

We had a case more than maybe thirty years ago where a man did this same thing to two little girls and dumped them in the Duck River....turns out they said he was mentally retarded. The girls were playing in a junk yard and he tired to tough them and they told him they were going to tell and he killed them, in the same manner as Dalton.

After reading that article my biggest suspect is Dalton's father. It was 2 weeks after he was served with 2 child support cases. That would be overwhelming for many people.

Dalton doesn't have his last name so I am assuming that Dalton's father never married Dalton's mother and that he didn't give him his last name either.

I wonder if Dalton's father was close with Dalton at all? Did he visit often or take Dalton places?

Would Dalton have gone with him that night....probably he would have.

Very strange that the man who found Dalton is married to another woman who has 2 children by Dalton's father. Could the murderer have been trying to frame this man?

Very strange case....something about it doesn't seem right...

Here is the basic set of hammers which HTI suggests for the beginning handyperson

A three pound hand drilling hammer -- for use with metal striking tool – cold chisels, brick chisels, star drills – and for hardened masonry nails.

HTI reminds the user that there are many other types and sizes of hammers, and other struck tools, to fit various jobs and individuals. It stresses that the individual should take care to fit the hammer to himself as well as the job to be tackled.

An Annotated Checklist for Fossil Collecting

CRACK/SLEDGE HAMMERS - Crack hammers are small to medium size sledge hammers, 2 to 4 pounds with various lengths of handles but usually short. These hammers are useful when you are doing some serious excavation in hard rock or you need to drive large chisels. I keep a three-pound crack hammer in the trunk of the car but seldom actually carry it with me.

Praying for justice for this precious child, who is so missed.

Many prayers for all the Mesarchik's, Lanie

This is the home town of my boss, and she was in Streator this past weekend. At least 50 LE came to town Thursday evening, staying at the Super 8 and are in high investigative mode. You can imagine the impact that many state police and other LE personnel are having on a town of 14,000! They are using both marked and unmarked cars to stop traffic, issuing all types of traffic tickets - from not using turn signals, to the more usual speeding violations, etc. Asking LOTS of questions. The following article is from the Bloomington, IL Pantagraph paper. I'm still searching for a transcript of the news conference that was held yesterday in Streator - but I doubt I'll have any luck. Sounds like there may be closure on this case soon.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/032904/new_20040329023.shtml

This is great. I have to think they've got something or they wouldn't be handling this the way they are. A person or "certain type" of person? Race? Skin condition? Medication? What are the possibilities they're talking about here? What type of evidence can point to a "type" of person?

http://www.streatorunderground.com/

Check out the Streator Underground Forum to a search on the keyword "Dalton"

If you can wade through the petty bickering you can find some morsels of information about what is going on in Streator.

Dalton's mother posts there as Dam9503

According to her Dalton's father attended the recent candlight vigil helf for Dalton and
brought someone with him...and made a scene?

Jack said:
This is great. I have to think they've got something or they wouldn't be handling this the way they are. A person or "certain type" of person? Race? Skin condition? Medication? What are the possibilities they're talking about here? What type of evidence can point to a "type" of person?

I was thinking more along the lines of gang member, pedophile, serial killer, sex offender?

Maybe they are hoping to pull someone over who will make a run for it and tip the cops off?

Maybe they are looking for a certain drunk driver? Maybe they think Dalton was hit by a vehicle and the driver killed him rather than be charged with drunken driving?

Also, I noticed they said "suspect or suspects" do they suspect more than one person? or a gang?

The FBI surely did a profile on the type of person. Probably based upon facts such as how far was he carried (size age and strength of person or persons) three pound hammer found with blood on it plus only sold at Kmart. Time of day found and possible time it happended. The area he was found in and what persons and types would know of this area and have access. Then any evidence found in the area such as hair clothing. was a vehicle needed to access the area or to get away. Where did the murder take place and was it where he was found or was he transported more than once?

They are very confident that they have the person cornered in the town and while they might not have his name they know a lot about him.

YOU CAN HIDE BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO LET YOU RUN!!!!!!!!

Maybe So, I was thinking the same thing at first. But, look at what they're doing with this task force. They have completely drenched this town in cops and are pulling people over for "safety checks" (it's a thing they do in ILL I guess). This Dalton task force is not behaving the way a task force would normally. Some people are followed from their home all the way to their workplace in the morning. Some people are being stopped for these "safety checks" two and three times in the same day. They're giving people tickets for following too closely while pulling into parking lots for cripes sake! I think they're looking for something specific about this suspect that they'll know when they see it and that's why they are getting as much face time as possible with the residents of Streator. Maybe it's a genetic disorder tipped off by DNA testing. A rare eye color? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what's going on here...

Jack said:
Maybe So, I was thinking the same thing at first. But, look at what they're doing with this task force. They have completely drenched this town in cops and are pulling people over for "safety checks" (it's a thing they do in ILL I guess). This Dalton task force is not behaving the way a task force would normally. Some people are followed from their home all the way to their workplace in the morning. Some people are being stopped for these "safety checks" two and three times in the same day. They're giving people tickets for following too closely while pulling into parking lots for cripes sake! I think they're looking for something specific about this suspect that they'll know when they see it and that's why they are getting as much face time as possible with the residents of Streator. Maybe it's a genetic disorder tipped off by DNA testing. A rare eye color? I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what's going on here...

Seems like they might just scare the person right out of town if they are not carefull.

Genetic disorder....downs syndrome? dwarfism? someone who suffers from MS or MD,

a cancer or aids patient?

Rare blood type? do IL driver's liscenses have blood type on them...some do if they have donar stickers.

Or maybe just someone who will be carrying tools of their trade?

I wish they would give out just a little info.

Perhaps they are trying to flush the guy out? Scare everyone, watch who runs? Or possibly, by harrassing everyone, they can search his vehicle or home without him complaining that he was illegally singled out.

That's how they found Holly Jones murderer, went door to door, and saw evidence inside the house that made them think they needed to stake the place out and grab a soda can to get DNA saliva.

Sometimes it's shake the tree and see what falls out.

P.S. They do "Safety Checks" all the time here. It's a great fund raiser. They'll get you for a burned out bulb, even if you have a replacement in your hand, you still get a $10.00 ticket; they'll get you if your bumber is 1/2" too low; your seat belt isn't on; whatever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back