GUILTY Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #2

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Case Synopsis

On Monday, July 11, 2016 the body of single mother Sarah Baillie was found in her apartment after concerned family members called in a wellness check when Sarah did not show up for work as expected.

Missing from the apartment was 5 year old Taliyah Marsman. Taliyah was observed with a stocky black male exiting Sarah's car not far from the apartment Sarah and Taliyah shared and entering a grey car. An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday 1:40 a.m.

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 police take a man later identified as Edward Delten Downey, 46, who sometimes uses the name Simmons was taken into custody Searches are conducted at several locations.

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 just after 9 p.m. police announce they have found Taliyah's body in what is described as a field located near Chestermere, Alta.

Late Thursday night, Calgary police charged 46-year-old Edward Delten Downey with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the deaths of the mother and daughter.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2826047/w...irst-degree-murder-in-taliyah-marsmans-death/

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/edward...-accused-of-killing-taliyah-marsman-1.2988566

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ere-missing-girls-body-found/article30936287/

attachment.php

Sarah Baillie

attachment.php

attachment.php

Taliyah Leigh Marsman

attachment.php

Timeline

Thread #1

Link to Calgary Police Services youtube account. Contains links to all pressers given in this case.

Attachments

• sara baillies.jpg
    sara baillies.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,354
  • Taliyah.jpg
    Taliyah.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,360
  • taliyah-leigh-marsman.JPG
    taliyah-leigh-marsman.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • edward delten downey.jpg
    edward delten downey.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,352
CBC News has learned that Calgary police believe Downey is connected to the North Preston's Finest gang. Calgary police also know the group as the Willis Crew.

[...]

Police have not given a possible motive for the killings of the mother and daughter. However, police were chasing the connections to North Preston's Finest very early on in the investigation because the gang specializes in prostitution and human trafficking.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...an-colin-paris-calgary-missing-girl-1.3228586

Thanks, Ticya for the new thread. And everything else you do to keep things running smoothly.

"We all are feeling the most profound grief and sadness that stems from the inconceivable and senseless murders of both Sara Baillie and Taliyah Marsman, Sara's daughter," said the statement released through the Calgary Police Service "on behalf of the Baillie, Fredette and Hamilton families."

[...]

"The families would like to extend their gratitude to the Calgary Police Service, who have devoted countless resources of hours, dedicated men and women and technology. Although our hopes and prayers may not have been answered, we certainly in no way, shape, or form blame the CPS," the families said Friday.

"In addition, to all those extended family members and friends far and wide and, of social media as well, all your words thoughts and prayers will continue to see us through these darkened times."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...rsman-sara-baillie-family-statement-1.3681629

Why would the family say "... we certainly in no way, shape, or form blame the CPS".

Was that a written (as in someone wrote it first) and later read quote? Or was this just said off the top of someone's head?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would the family say "... we certainly in no way, shape, or form blame the CPS".

Was that a written (as in someone wrote it first) and later read quote? Or was this just said off the top of someone's head?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just take it to mean the family realizes that CPS (Calgary Police Services) could not have prevented little Taliyah's death as they did not even know she was missing until she was likely already gone from this life. They are appreciative of CPS's efforts to locate Taliyah, arrest the accused perpetrator, and going forward continue investigating and building a case against ED.

Is it confirmed that ED is on video (via home surveillance) getting into his car from SB's with TM? .... I have only ever read/heard that it was an eye witness who placed him walking down the road with TM and her little suitcase in tow.

CBC News has learned that Calgary police believe Downey is connected to the North Preston's Finest gang. Calgary police also know the group as the Willis Crew.
[...] Police have not given a possible motive for the killings of the mother and daughter. However, police were chasing the connections to North Preston's Finest very early on in the investigation because the gang specializes in prostitution and human trafficking. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...an-colin-paris-calgary-missing-girl-1.3228586

Well, this makes the "Halifax connection" we were discussing in the first thread really clear IMO. North Preston's Finest has ties to the community North Preston which is located northeast of Halifax. So ED and CM were, IIRC, both members of a gang that specializes in human trafficking across the country, luring or forcing girls into prostitution and moving them from one province to another to make it hard for them to be tracked. The scum that make up this gang would undoubtedly have tentacles into the worst kinds of *advertiser censored* and abuse, IMO. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...-to-ontario-for-prostitution-police-1.2791599

ED would, I think, have quickly spotted the value Taliyah would have as a commodity in the specialized, perverted niche of his business as a procurer/panderer/pimp and enforcer. In the previous threads, IIRC, posters were speculating that Taliyah was the target, and Sara the obstacle. I think this information makes that scenario a definite possibility. And, sadly, that this lovely child could have been murdered when she was too hot to be marketed and could definitely identify ED as the man who took her from her home. ED didn't need a relationship with Sara when he already had one with CM, IMO. Or, I think there could even be the possibility that she was murdered by one of ED's clients.

If ED and CM were both members of NPF, then I think it more than likely that they did know each other. Which also makes some of the CPS comments more clear (eg. the "level of trust" comment). I think their likely affiliation makes it possible that CM knew exactly whose car had been spotted and who had killed Sara and stolen his daughter (and perhaps explains the long pause after he says he's staying strong for his son before being strong for his daughter). Sara's family would never have known ED, but, because of her relationship to CM, Sara would, IMO, have at least known who ED was and how he made his money. She would, I think, have fought him in every way she could to keep him from Taliyah. I think ED could have "controlled" Taliyah by saying he was taking her to her father, and, instead, could have taken her to a customer. And, just following my theory, that is where the little red suitcase could have been left behind with the client, whether accidentally or as a "souvenir".

No wonder ED was not co-operating! He's afraid of meeting up with someone even worse than he is who works for NPF.

I do not believe Taliyah was taken for human trafficking purposes. She would still be alive if she was.

Gangs also don't usually target 5 year olds. They go for teenage girls.

It's more likely that either CM or Sara did something to upset someone and she was targeted for that reason.

The more wild theory would be CM asked ED to take care of Sara. Then he went rogue for whatever reason and ended up killing Taliyah too.

We don't know who she was dating either(if anyone). Could be ED, someone else or even CM again.

I do not believe Taliyah was taken for human trafficking purposes. She would still be alive if she was.

It's more likely that either CM or Sara did something to upset someone and she was targeted for that reason.

The more wild theory would be CM asked ED to take care of Sara. Then he went rogue for whatever reason and ended up killing Taliyah too.

We don't know who she was dating either(if anyone). Could be ED, someone else or even CM again.

:goodpost:

Well said in an awkward situation.

No, I also don't think TM was targeted for trafficking. First, she's a lot younger than the girls they target. Second, with the possible gang connection CM has I doubt they would target his daughter. Even if CM wasn't affiliated with the gang or was at one point but no longer, surely it seems as though someone close to CM and/or even TM would be affiliated with the gang and then taking TM for trafficking would be like taking one of their own....I just can't see that hapoening. Going against family within the gang = wrong move. IMO. This also supports the idea that TM was not the target.

I did previously theorize that TM could've been targeted for a kidnapping and then ransom. Or just a kidnapping as a threat to CM (he owned gang debt?). And I'm not backing out of that theory, but I now do think that the more plausible theories are:

A) ED and SB had some sort of relationship and jealously, passion, etc. got too intense = (crime of passion)
A2) along same lines as A, maybe it was crime of passion but SB and ED weren't in relationship with each other. Based on SM (so take with huge grain of salt!), ED was romantically linked to a good friend of SBs. But ED was possibly romantically linked to others - so maybe a 'keep your mouth shut' kind of thing. But that's based on some wild rumours.
B) CM and ED have had their differences, whether in the past or in the now = (gang related/revenge)...this would require ED and CM knowing each other.
C) similar to B, it could've been gang related but CM doesn't know ED. Maybe CM once did or recently did piss someone/NPF member off enough that they wanted to inflict pain on CM somehow and they had ED do the dirty work.
D) custody was the motive: it's known CM and SB just recently went to court over TMs custody. Maybe it didn't go the way CM wanted it to. HOWEVER, I'm NOT suggesting that CM killed SB or even put out a hit. But maybe someone close enough to CM (WITHOUT CMs knowledge) wanted to make things 'right' for CM and figured if SB is out of the picture than CM will get full custody. And again, not suggesting that ED was that person, but maybe that person making things 'right' got ED to do the dirty work. I'm no gang expert but generally the guys calling the shots in the gangs don't do the dirty work.
D2) similar to D, but maybe it was only supposed to be kidnapping and SB lives but if TM is kidnapped in SBs care that sure wouldn't look good for her and would possibly give CM some leverage in custody court. But this means TM was the target. Police seem pretty confident SB was target - it was one of the very first pieces of evidence they released....hmmm which now makes me think A or A2 could make some sense - maybe police found out about a love triangle type of situation early on in investigation....???

Also if for any scenario ED was the 'hired man' than choosing him may have been on purpose, because if SB was familiar with him then maybe explains how he got into her basement suite.

With all those above theories there's still some huge questions as to how any scenario played out:
- was TM supposed to die or just collateral damage?
- was SB even supposed to die? ED went too far?
- why hide SB in closet?
- TM seemed to know ED (based on not being noticeably stressed when witnessed with ED)
- it's been reported ED was known to SB...how closely known?
- why take TM? Why have her take suitcase?
- did ED spend the night?
- why switch vehicles?
- who was family at DQ? Do they even have a part in this?
- did EDs plans go as planned? I mean obviously he got caught. But things like vehicle switch - was that planned or on the fly?
- Seems as if ED did two passes through neighbourhood (about 45 mins apart based on home video) what's the deal there?

My mind goes in a hundred different directions when I start thinking about the case, but as of approx. 8pm MST, July 16/16 I'm leaning towards scenario D.

Sorry for the length. All just my own opinions.

I thought I read somewhere something about a connection at the daycare but I can't find it now. Anyone remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I read somewhere something about a connection at the daycare but I can't find it now. Anyone remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's on the FB group

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Never ceases to amaze me.
It seems most likely that Taliyah witnessed her mother's murder. They lived in a small place.

Then taken away from her home by this nightmare of a man.

I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW what this monster did to 5 year old Taliyah while she was in his grasp.
I DO NOT WANT to KNOW HOW he killed her.

I do not want to believe that there are terrible, awful, sick, stalking evil people walking amongst us.

But, there IS terrible, awful, sick, stalking, evil people walking amongst us.

Humans who look "normal". But are Monsters in sheeps clothing.

Neither I, or even governments can seem to identify them before they commit their atrocious acts.
I know that many find solace in the belief that victims such as Sara and Taliyah are together in an afterlife.

Unfortunately, I do not believe in that.

I think that this Mother and her 5 year old daughter were stalked and killed by a perverted monster who should have never been allowed near them.

A neighbour at the house LE searched where Rainbow Lady was posting from, said they had seen a little boy with ED in the past. Has anyone discovered a wife/family?
Also in previous thread, a poster said LE spoke regarding who knew who..... "CM, ED and current boyfriend". Is it common knowledge that she had a current boyfriend, not ED?

A neighbour at the house LE searched where Rainbow Lady was posting from, said they had seen a little boy with ED in the past. Has anyone discovered a wife/family?
Also in previous thread, a poster said LE spoke regarding who knew who..... "CM, ED and current boyfriend". Is it common knowledge that she had a current boyfriend, not ED?

One of the linked news articles stated he has a young child. Too many links for me to look for it now, but it was defintly talked about Thursday in the old feed.

We have no know she is a current or recent boyfriend, except for the wording in that one CBC excerpt that was confusing as to whether they were referring to CP or another ex.

I am hoping LE can crack this nut and he will spill the truth and plead guilty if he is guilty of murdering SB and TM. Save everyone years of more trauma and heartbreak. MOO.

I don't think Taliyah was the target at all.
Several of the guys SB was involved with have the same gang connections...and SB's connection with one of them goes back at least 6 years.

The land poor little Taliyah was found on belongs to an acquaintance of mine, friend to a lot of my friend's .... unreal.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back