GUILTY WA - Janell Knight, Joseph Lamar, & Zachary Thompson, slain, Woodland, 15 July 2016

Everyday Grace

Reaction score
Brent W. Luyster, 35, was taken into custody without incident by Cowlitz County Deputies as Washington State Troopers at 4:15 p.m. Saturday. He was found in a Gold Ford Explorer on Ocean Beach Hwy.

Woodland police officers found a woman shot in the face around 10:20 p.m. Friday at the AM/PM store on CC Street. They learned a shooting happened at 4006 NW 417th Street, and brought in the Clark County Sheriff’s Office and the Southwest Regional SWAT unit.

Three people were found dead at that location. None of the victims has been identified publicly at this time.

Part of his criminal history:

In 2013, Luyster, his brother Robert and a man named Donald McElfish were arrested for an alleged racial attack at the QuarterDeck Bar in Vancouver.

All 3 have with ties to a white supremacy group and were charged at that timewith 2nd-degree felony assault and racially motivated malicious harassment for the incident.

The men arrived at the tavern, saw a black man sitting with a white woman at the bar...

https://m.facebook.com/brent.luyster

I suspect the Woodland homicides were motivated by something other than race.

Barnes said Luyster knew all the victims somehow. Barnes said one of the victims, a woman, drove herself from the shooting scene to an AM/PM convenience store. She was suffering from a gunshot wound to the face, deputies said.

The store, 1039 Lewis River Rd. , is more than 2 miles away from the shooting scene.

Deputies responded to the store at 10:20 p.m. and found the woman who was suffering from a gunshot wound. Barnes said the woman went right into surgery. Deputies and members of the Southwest Washington Regional SWAT Team later responded to the home, where they found three people dead.

http://www.oregonlive.com/articles/18955706/man_suspected_of_shooting_4_pe.amp

Two months ago, he was accused of pistol-whipping his ex-girlfriend and arrested on allegations of second-degree assault and felony harassment.

On May 16, Cowlitz County deputies responded after receiving a 911 call at about 3 a.m. from Erin Cochran, 32, of Vancouver. She said she was bleeding from the head and that she did not know where she was, said Charlie Rosenzweig, sheriff's office chief criminal deputy, in a news release.

When deputies arrived at his home, they heard gunfire from the woods nearby. Deputies believe they were the targets, though no one was injured, police said. Deputies found a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and a pistol with Luyster in the woods and placed him into custody.

Cochran told authorities she woke up to Luyster hitting her in the head and face with the pistol. He then grabbed her by the hair before dragging her down a hallway, Rosenzweig said.

Cowlitz County court records show bail in the case was set at $90,000 on June 7, and he posted bail three days later. According to The Columbian, Luyster was set to appear in Cowlitz County Superior Court on the case on Monday.
http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-cou..._heard_rapid-fire_gun.html#incart_river_index

His criminal record dates to June 1988, when he was 7, according to Columbian archives. Most recently, he was released from the Cowlitz County Jail on June 8 after appearing in Cowlitz County Superior Court.

Luyster is accused of pistol-whipping his ex-girlfriend at his home in Longview on May 16. He pleaded not guilty on May 25, and his trial was scheduled to start Monday on allegations of assault, harassment and illegal firearm possession.

In the past, he’s been involved in a drive-by shooting, taken a motor vehicle without permission and been convicted of assault, rioting while armed with a deadly weapon, malicious harassment, malicious mischief and theft, among other crimes.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2016/...dland-area-shooting-had-trial-set-for-monday/

In 2001, Luyster and his brother Robert A. Luyster punched, kicked and beat a 45-year-old black man from Vancouver with boards. Police called the crime racially motivated.

In 2005, Luyster and two other men were accused of yelling racial slurs at a black man before a fight ensued among two of the men. The victim was shot in the leg by one of the men with Luyster.

Luyster pleaded guilty in October 2014 for rioting with a weapon after he was accused of racially motivated threats at a Vancouver tavern in March 2013. He allegedly threatened to kill an interracial couple cuddling at the tavern and threatened another black man with a pistol outside the bar. He got 90 days in jail.
http://m.tdn.com/news/man-who-alleg...cle_fbe4a678-f0ab-5859-85b0-f83698bb76cb.html

But they just kept letting him out eh? Even after deputies believed he was shooting at them?
smh

But they just kept letting him out eh? Even after deputies believed he was shooting at them?
smh
How was this man not serving significant time in a jail cell?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I suspect the Woodland homicides were motivated by something other than race.

yes, poking around his facebook it appears that at least one of the victims was also a Neo Nazi. I hope no children were hurt if this was domestic in nature.

edited to add: facebook today taught me that there are *thousands* of neo-nazis with active, open accounts on it.

:(

yes, poking around his facebook it appears that at least one of the victims was also a Neo Nazi. I hope no children were hurt if this was domestic in nature.

edited to add: facebook today taught me that there are *thousands* of neo-nazis with active, open accounts on it.

:(

Their FB accounts are often an interesting sub-cultural road map. This guy is anything but subtle about who he is.

Found this as to motive:

The killings were not racially-motivated, Sgt. Tony Barnes told the Daily News.

Luyster was allegedly “in search of something” when he shot the victims, all of whom were associates of Luyster and white, Barnes said. The victims have not been identified.

How do they know this?

Probably the same way they learned who their suspect was:

The lone survivor found help by driving to a nearby convenience store, but she was unable to speak after the bullet “took most of her face off,” Clark County Sheriff’s Office officials told the Daily News. Through handwritten notes to authorities, she identified Luyster as her assailant.

More about the crime scene:

Authorities found an unidentified man and woman dead inside a home and another male victim outside.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-people-wash-home-article-1.2714414?cid=bitly

A man authorities believe killed three people and injured another in a Woodland shooting Friday night appeared in court Monday morning.

He appeared in court Monday under tight security.

http://www.kgw.com/mb/news/crime/triple-murder-in-woodland-wa/274949854

@RachaelKGW (Rachael Rafanelli):

Luyster in court, because of his violent history, judge says "no bail" https://t.co/LmBAqyU43f

Still no public identification of the victims that I have seen.

@RachaelKGW

We have learned the names of the people @ClarkCoSheriff says Luyster killed.
Joseph Lamar, Janell Knight, Zachary Thompson #KgwNews

She is also reporting new information from documents submitted in court today. I'll hold off waiting for the articles to come out.

@RachaelKGW

We have learned the names of the people @ClarkCoSheriff says Luyster killed.
Joseph Lamar, Janell Knight, Zachary Thompson #KgwNews

She is also reporting new information from documents submitted in court today. I'll hold off waiting for the articles to come out.

I think I found one but I'm not certain enough to share it. If you look around the various friends lists they're there - some use middle names instead of last names. I also found another friend (but I don't think he's one of the three mentioned) with "Remembering" on his account.

It's bizarre to me how people are publicly supporting him and how open they are expressing their beliefs.

And now I need to go watch some kitten videos or something.

I
It's bizarre to me how people are publicly supporting him and how open they are expressing their beliefs.

Yes, some digging last night led me to two of the victims. At least there weren't any children hurt, which was my fear given some of the postings on the shooter's facebook page from a year or two ago.

The tribalism/closing ranks is upsetting, isn't it? "Honorable" means something else and I'm guessing it has to do with upholding certain, uh, values and can't be tarnished by something like being a mass murderer. There's a lot of pride in violence on many of these accounts so maybe that's partly the reason they can feel that way. Dunno and don't really want to know. I'm definitely learning all of the "code" words, greetings, and symbols, now, that's for sure. :(

Yes, some digging last night led me to two of the victims. At least there weren't any children hurt, which was my fear given some of the postings on the shooter's facebook page from a year or two ago.

The tribalism/closing ranks is upsetting, isn't it? "Honorable" means something else and I'm guessing it has to do with upholding certain, uh, values and can't be tarnished by something like being a mass murderer. There's a lot of pride in violence on many of these accounts so maybe that's partly the reason they can feel that way. Dunno and don't really want to know. I'm definitely learning all of the "code" words, greetings, and symbols, now, that's for sure. :(

I was looking at the shooter's FB page last night and reading some of the comments. I'm so perplexed by that culture.They think they're good people because they don't use drugs and (in their eyes) are good parents. Yet, they seem to think nothing of supporting a guy who has a loooong rap sheet full of assaults and violent behavior. Huh?? And yes, the closing ranks is very disturbing. I guess they think their violent activities are all a necessary part of the war they feel they are in so it's okay to beat someone senseless. It's so disturbing and I truly don't understand it. Ugh. Like someone else said, I need to go look at kitten and puppy videos. We humans can be a miserable lot.

i'll go ahead and say it, if he was black he'd be dead.

and this is an example of white neonazi who is violent.

smh

An FBI agent confirmed that Luyster is facing a federal charge of unlawful possession of a firearm after he was arrested on accusations he pistol-whipped his ex-girlfriend back in May.

Least of his worries.

Could spell trouble for his brudders-in-arms, though.

Luyster appeared in front of a Clark County judge Monday morning wearing handcuffs, shackles and a suicide smock. He gave reporters a grin as he was walking out of the courtroom.
http://komonews.com/news/local/suspect-in-woodland-triple-homicide-appears-in-court-brent-luyster

I notice that his FB page is no longer.

1369231500_2471_rollover.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/de...72/1369231500_2471_rollover.jpg?itok=2AUuAkwY

I want to know who picks up a woman who was shot in the face and drops her off at a gas station.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back