1178 users online (159 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MD - Rape suspect in custody after hostage situation, Baltimore, 17 July 2016

Baltimore police at barricade situation at fast-food restaurant

Police: Armed rape suspect runs into Burger King, holds several people hostage
    (Including a 7yo boy.)

Police said officers spotted a rape suspect around 11 a.m. Sunday, and that person fled in a vehicle and collided with another vehicle at Washington Boulevard and Monroe Street. The person in the other vehicle sustained minor injuries, police said.

MD - Baltimore Rape Suspect Hostage Situation at Burger King

The Latest: Police: 7-Year-Old Among Hostages in Restaurant

Baltimore Police say a 7-year-old is among those being held hostage at a Burger King restaurant.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith said in a news conference Sunday that "about four" people are in the restaurant with an armed suspect who fled from police.

Smith said the suspect is wanted on a rape charge and led police on a vehicle chase earlier Sunday before crashing into another vehicle and then fleeing by foot into the Burger King in Southwest Baltimore. Smith said the driver of the other car is being treated for minor injuries.

SWAT team and negotiators are at the scene and police are asking the public to avoid the area.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/l...imore-40648956

Looks like we both started a thread! I'm not sure how to delete mine, so I notified a mod for assistance.
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 07-17-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Marcus Washington ‏@WJZMarcus 9m9 minutes ago
    #BREAKING Two of the 4 released by suspect in Burger King hostage situation. Police say the 7-year-old girl is still inside. @cbsbaltimore

https://twitter.com/WJZMarcus

I have merged both threads and opted to place it in the Up to the Minute forum. thank you for the thread starts on this breaking case ladies
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I have merged both threads and opted to place it in the Up to the Minute forum. thank you for the thread starts on this breaking case ladies
    Thanks tlcya!!

The Latest on a barricade situation in Baltimore (all times local):

4 p.m.

Baltimore police say two people have been released at an ongoing hostage situation at a Burger King restaurant.

Police spokesman T.J. Smith said on Twitter that negotiations are ongoing with an armed suspect who barricaded himself in the restaurant Sunday after fleeing police.

Smith said a 7-year-old girl remains one of the hostages in the Burger King in Southwest Baltimore.

Police earlier said the suspect is wanted on a rape charge and fled from police after they tried to stop him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/l...imore-40648956

Thanks tlcya!

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Looks like we both started a thread! I'm not sure how to delete mine, so I notified a mod for assistance.
    There is so much happening today I can barely keep track.

this situation resolves peacefully
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

this situation resolves peacefully
    I hate that this is a possible rape suspect and there is a 7 year old little girl in there with him........

Officers tried to stop the suspect, whom police did not name, to serve him an arrest warrant on the northwest side of the city about 11 a.m., when he sped off and led police on a chase to Washington Boulevard and South Monroe Street near Carroll Park, police said.

The man crashed into another car at the intersection about 11:30 a.m. and ran inside the fast food restaurant, where he barricaded himself and the hostages, police said.

Tactical units lined up, guns drawn, along the restaurant's exterior wall. An officer with an assault rifle ordered people to clear Carroll Park. Police taped off the crime scene a block away, and the Foxtrot helicopter unit circled overhead.

"Our ultimate goal is to end this peacefully for all parties," Baltimore Police Department chief spokesman T.J. Smith said. "We have our negotiators on scene. We have our SWAT team on scene. We've cordoned off the area for safety purposes."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...717-story.html

Ryan Weinberger, 29, of Glen Burnie, said he was in the dining room as the suspect ran into the restaurant..

The man appeared frantic and was talking on a cellphone, Weinberger said.

Weinberger said he heard the crash and walked over to the window to take a picture of it when he realized that police were surrounding the restaurant and the man who'd run in was armed.

He was one of three customers who escaped through a side door after the suspect came in through the front, he said.

"One of the customers grabbed me and said, 'Get out — run,'" Weinberger said.

A young girl with pig tails had been playing a game on an iPhone behind the counter while Weinberger ordered his burger, milk shake and onion rings, he said. He assumed she was the child of an employee who couldn't find day care.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...717-story.html

MD - Baltimore Rape Suspect Hostage Situation at Burger King

Suspect in custody after holding 4 hostage at Baltimore Burger King
    [...]
    An armed man suspected in a recent rape took four people hostage including a 7-year-old girl inside a Baltimore Burger King after evading police Sunday, authorities said. He was taken into custody after nearly five and a half hours, police said.

The hostages are OK, police said.
    [...]
    http://fw.to/Euohy4Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kimi_SFC; 07-17-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Typo
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast