MI MI - Helen Dymond, 48, Tilden Township, 29 June 1981

The Disappearance of Helen Dymond - Facebook Page

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/563904/Bits-and-pieces--New-information-uncovered.html - June 2011 article

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1988&dat=19920406&id=LkMiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=cK0FAAAAIBAJ&pg=1892,3102191&hl=en - 10 year anniversary article

dymond_helen3.jpg
dymond_helen.jpg

I grew up in this small town and was a little girl when Helen disappeared. I know her grand daughters from school (they are younger than me) and I hope someone will finally "spill the beans" and let this family know what happened that night.

The Disappearance of Helen Dymond Part I and Part II
Just about a year ago, Letson received a tip about a possible suspect and brought the information to the Michigan State Police Post in Negaunee. A desk sergeant on duty gave her information on a detective that specializes in UP cold cases. The two have been in contact, but no new leads have been identified currently.

Though decades have passed, Letson and her family are still keen on finding answers.

“I’ve been working on this since 2004. I’ve put in 12 years of gathering stories and information. If you don’t think I have something important, then you’re wrong. I have important information,” said Letson. “I just need someone to listen and hear all the information I have.”

“They’ve given it a lot, they’re very dedicated to it. I was really surprised when I hear they were into it,” said Helen’s daughter, Betsy Lawer. “With them two working at it, we’re hoping, somewhere along the line, it’s going to kick something in and somebody is going to come forth.”

Helen would have been 84 next month and a great, great grandmother.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP21892
Helen Leone Dymond, Female, White / Caucasian
62FBA392-4CCE-4F83-8B77-56D0C59039A9.jpeg AAA6AF8D-D630-4BF1-815D-690ACC9907C5.jpeg 3A4F3898-753E-4EF3-9DB0-7E2A7F40AF8C.jpeg 575A24E5-32A4-42B7-8073-A7E68F8E3A57.jpeg FA6FF822-CEA4-40B9-AA80-5E980AE251D2.jpeg
Date of Last Contact: June 28, 1981
Missing From: Tilden Township, Marquette County, Michigan
Date of Birth: September 13, 1932
Missing Age: 48 Years
First Name: Helen
Middle Name: Leone
Last Name: Dymond
Height: 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing: Blue Jeans, a purple nylon windbreaker jacket with unusual buttons and missing drawstring
Eyewear: Wore prescription glasses
Footwear: Moccasins

Circumstances of Disappearance: Helen attended a party at the Tilden Township Club, a private social gathering spot for township residents and invited guests. It became the final place Helen Dymond was known to have been seen.

Investigating Agencies: Michigan State Police
Detective Sergeant Jay Peterson (906) 475-9922
Agency Case Number: 81-1878-81

Current list of Unidentified Person exclusions for Helen per NamUs:
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA

Sources:
NamUs
The Charley Project
The Disappearance of Helen Dymond (Facebook)
Helen’s Missing Person website

(per Charley Project)
Details of Disappearance:
Helen and her husband, Roy, attended a party at the Tilden Township Club in Tilden Township, Michigan on the evening of June 28, 1981. Both of them got drunk there and when they decided to leave, an acquaintance offered them a ride home. They declined the offer and went into the parking lot.

Roy stated he and Helen argued as they walked to the car, and he told her to walk home and drove away without her. Helen went back into the club angrily, saying her husband had left her behind.

She left alone in the early morning hours, saying she was going to walk to her son's house. It was less than a mile away and would have taken about 13 minutes to walk. It wasn't unusual for Helen to go spend the night at her son's house after she and Roy argued, but by the following morning she was always ready to return home.

Helen never arrived at her son's home and has never been heard from again. Two witnesses reported seeing her walking down the road en route.

Another witness noted wide tire tracks in a clearing near the Tilden Township Club, in an area where cars never drove. He reported this to the police, who searched the area and found, among other things, a woman's loafer. The Dymond family didn't learn about the find for years, by which time the shoe had been discarded, so they could never determine whether or not it was Helen's.

In August 1981, a purple jacket was found lying inside-out in plain sight on a footpath about 75 feet off County Road 476 west.

The police didn't believe it was Helen's, because of where it was found and because it didn't appear to have been exposed to the elements. However, her family members recognized the jacket by its missing drawstring and unusual buttons.

All of Helen's family members have been cleared as suspects in her disappearance and many witnesses in the case are now deceased, including her husband.

Her loved ones, which include four children and many grandchildren and great-children, still seek resolution in her disappearance, and they don't believe she would have abandoned her family. Her case remains unsolved.

Helen Leone Dymond.

Helen Leone Dymond. (NamUs)
TILDEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Helen Leone Dymond left a party at a private social club in National Mine, Michigan and was never seen again. That was 41 years ago.

National Mine is in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and is 25 miles south of Marquette. Dymond, then 48 years old, was last seen walking south on CR-476 after leaving the Tilden Township Club, a private social club in National Mine, Michigan on June 28, 1981.

She is believed to have been wearing blue jeans, a purple jacket, moccasins and prescription glasses. She may have had some change with her. Dymond had blue eyes and brown hair.

According to family, Dymond got into an argument with her husband as they left the party. He told her to walk home and drove away without her. Dymond went back into the club and said her husband left her there and that she was walking to her son’s house just after midnight.

Her son’s house was about a mile away. She never arrived and has never been heard from again. You can hear from her family on the Unfounded podcast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back