757 users online (95 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Germany - Multiple Injuries in train axe attack 18 July 2016

Breaking news

More than 20 people in Germany have been injured after a man with an axe went on the rampage on a train, German media report.

A police operation including a helicopter is under way in Heidingsfeld, a part of the city of Wurzburg in southern Germany.

Local media (in German) wrote that 21 people had been injured and a suspect appeared to have been shot."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36827725
    Last edited by gregjrichards; 07-18-2016 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Apologies added correct link
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

I'm having trouble with the above link, but this is from BBC News:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36827725

Thanks for posting. Your link didn't work for me but I found this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36827725
    (KayElJay beat me to it)

More insanity.... enough already!
    Last edited by JanetElaine; 07-18-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: add KayElJay beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Thanks for posting. Your link didn't work for me but I found this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36827725
    (KayElJay beat me to it)

More insanity.... enough already!
    It's terrible what is happening in the world. Sky news UK is saying 4 people seriously injured and a number of other passengers injured. Conflicting reports suspect has been shot dead. Police operation is ongoing.

CNN - suspect has used an axe and a knife in attack.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

A man armed with an axe has injured 10 to 15 people on a train in the northern Bavarian town of Würzburg, local police have said. Several were injured critically, the spokesman said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ain-in-germany

Latest update

Reports emerging from the scene state three people are fighting for their lives after the attack.

The three passengers have all been rushed to hospital in a critical condition.

Early reports suggest one other person has suffered non life-threatening injuries and 14 have suffered minor injuries or shock."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...k-live-8445573

Sky News UK - 4 people seriously injured, 1 person injured and 14 people treated for shock. Suspect shot dead.
    Last edited by gregjrichards; 07-18-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Sky news just saying the suspect is thought to have been 'A 17 y/o Afghan refugee'

Sorry I have no link just now, just heard this on the tv. Link forthcoming asap.

ETA : Daily Mail is going with it. (I usually prefer not to link to the Mail)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ot-police.html
    Last edited by DanceCard; 07-18-2016 at 06:19 PM.

The Bavarian Interior Ministry has now confirmed the attacker shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is great) before hacking at passengers.

The 17-year-old boy unleashed the attack on board a waiting train and was shot by police on a road outside the station.

An official has said the incident was ‘probably’ linked to Islamic extremism."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...k-live-8445573

17 year old refugee, arrived in Germany unaccompanied. Had been living in a German foster family since two weeks.
    Attacked passengers in the train with an axe, then went on a rampage tour through a village.

I have asked reporters on twitter if this foster family has survived, no answer yet.

Recently (around the attack in Nice) ISIS has threatened Germany specifically.

Thank you Mutti Merkel for inviting this gem! plus the rest, who knows what is coming.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

OMG how terrible! These kind of attacks are getting frighteningly frequent now. Hardly a days goes by without another incident somewhere in Europe.

I was just looking at German news reports to see if it was indeed a refugee, but I see now that greg already found confirmation. I wonder when he immigrated to Germany.

Prayers that all victims pull through!

ETA: just saw ZaZara's post, that he was in Germany for only two weeks. Wow, something is terribly wrong there - are immigrants not extensively checked first?
    Last edited by Elainera; 07-18-2016 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    OMG how terrible! These kind of attacks are getting frighteningly frequent now. Hardly a days goes by without another incident somewhere in Europe.

I was just looking at German news reports to see if it was indeed a refugee, but I see now that greg already found confirmation. I wonder when he immigrated to Germany.

Prayers that all victims pull through!

ETA: just saw ZaZara's post, that he was in Germany for only two weeks. Wow, something is terribly wrong there - are immigrants not extensively checked first?
    He had been living with a foster family for two weeks. I don't know how long he was in Germany, but living with a FAMILY is a big step in the asylum process.

Journo's on twitter now questioning if he was really 17 .... or only pretended to be.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    He had been living with a foster family for two weeks. I don't know how long he was in Germany, but living with a FAMILY is a big step in the asylum process.

Journo's on twitter now questioning if he was really 17 .... or only pretended to be.

That poor family must be horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    That poor family must be horrified.
    If they are still alive.

Please be alive.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast