MT MT - Megan Ginevicz, 2, St. Ignatius, 30 April 1980

Shelby

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 30, 1980 from St. Ignatius, Montana
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: January 12, 1978
Height and Weight: 2'1, 25 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Ginevicz was last seen in St. Ignatius, Montana in the early afternoon hours of April 30, 1980. She was playing in the unfenced yard of her home, which was located in a remote wooded area of the region. She disappeared from the yard while her mother was inside doing chores, and has never been seen again.
Investigators do not believe Ginevicz was abducted. There was only one road leading up to her house, and neighbors did not see any strangers or suspicious vehicles. Police believed she had probably wandered off, drowned in a nearby stream, or been attacked by a wild animal such as a grizzly bear. It rained and snowed for ten days after Ginevicz's disappearance, and if she was exposed to the elements, she could not have survived very long. An extensive search of the St. Ignatius area turned up no sign of her.
Ginevicz's parents were divorced when she disappeared; she lived with her mother and brother, and her father lived in Colorado. He came to Montana to assist in the search for her. Authorities do not believe Ginevicz was harmed by either of her parents. Her father thinks she was kidnapped by a family who wanted to raise a child, and that she may not know she is missing. Due to the lack of evidence in Ginevicz's case, it is classified as a non-family abduction.

Look at her picture on the www.doenetwork.org. She is absolutely adorable... this is really sad.
The thing that perplexed me is that I googled her name and I came across a webpage with a forum for missing persons from this link: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:GqDZPUAcNwcJ:www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&year=1999&month=5+megan+ginevicz&hl=en&client=safari. Here's what I found:

Megan Ginevicz
I haven't seen my daughter in 19 years, but I know where she is, who took her, who then raised her, and her place of employment. I know the names of several of the kidnappers . These are some HIGH-profile people who hide behind their position in society. One person who gave me some of this info has unfortunately died. If you are among them and read this, know now that you WILL be brought to justice! Cooperate with me and you will be pardoned. If you feel the guilt you should, contact me or the NCMEC now. You are already under investigation, so this is your last chance to avoid prosecution.visit my site http://home.earthlink.net/~dbmginevicz/
City: Watauga TX 76148
Email: dbmginevicz@earthlink.net
Entry #1381 added on May 10, 1999

Now is this the same Megan?? I mean it has to be.. the number of years lines up and there can't possibly be another girl with this name missing.. the only thing that throws me off is that the mother's address is in texas.. and they lived in montana when she disappeared in 1980.. unless she moved. If these facts are true why haven't doenetwork or mpccn added this facts to the case? this is indicating that she is still alive.. its driving me crazy!! any thoughts???

At the same site I also found the following entry which I cop-N-paste here:
"Megan Ginevicz ( alias Keri Russell ) City: Watauga Texas Last seen as a two-year-old, contact the NCMEC and request the NEW age-progression Date added: April 29, 1999 Email: dbmginevicz Entry #1373 "
http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&id=1373&action=showrecord I note that this entry was made in the month prior to the one you posted about.
So who exactly is this Kerri Russell? When I see people start spouting about grand conspiracies of people in high places (as in the stuff in the second post from the same person) it usually bothers me & makes me have doubts. At the very least I take a long hard look before going forward.

Second post might be seen at
http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&id=1381&action=showrecord
or you can go to cyberspace.com & click the missing persons link and then use their search to find the name Megan Ginevicz

docwho3 said:
At the same site I also found the following entry which I cop-N-paste here:
"Megan Ginevicz ( alias Keri Russell ) City: Watauga Texas Last seen as a two-year-old, contact the NCMEC and request the NEW age-progression Date added: April 29, 1999 Email: dbmginevicz Entry #1373 "
http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&id=1373&action=showrecord I note that this entry was made in the month prior to the one you posted about.
So who exactly is this Kerri Russell? When I see people start spouting about grand conspiracies of people in high places (as in the stuff in the second post from the same person) it usually bothers me & makes me have doubts. At the very least I take a long hard look before going forward.

Second post might be seen at
http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&id=1381&action=showrecord
or you can go to cyberspace.com & click the missing persons link and then use their search to find the name Megan Ginevicz

I went to the link for the lady's site and Page Not Found. so have these 'high and influential people' been able to stamp her site off the net?

this is the strangest story.

Floh said:
I went to the link for the lady's site and Page Not Found. so have these 'high and influential people' been able to stamp her site off the net?

this is the strangest story.
Sorry I forgot to mention about that link. I knew about it not going anywhere but forgot to mention it. And yes it seems to be an old out of date link.

The only Keri Russell I am finding on several search engines is an actress.
I dont suppose someone thinks their lost daughter is a famous actress.
If so that would sound more like a celebrity being stalked or at least a disturbed person posting things.

Of course its too early to make that determination but this is a really odd start.

docwho3 said:
The only Keri Russell I am finding on several search engines is an actress.
I dont suppose someone thinks their lost daughter is a famous actress.
If so that would sound more like a celebrity being stalked or at least a disturbed person posting things.

Of course its too early to make that determination but this is a really odd start.
These things do get bizarre...This web page, with an age-progression to age 21, resembles the actress.
http://216.46.184.235/states/montana/MEGAN_GINEVICZ.htm

Le'see, 1978 (birth date) + 21 (years of age) brings us to 1999, the dates noted on the post on Cyberpages from the supposed father...Keri (the actress) was 23 in 1999. Her most famous role, Felicity, ran from 1998 to 2002.
I couldn't find anything saying that Keri had ever been stalked. Her father is an executive with Nissan, though.

I did a search on the e-mail address from the CyberPages post, and came up with some hits. This is the guy, how many Ginevicz's would have an address in Watauga TX?

http://www.espectro.com/application/contact.cfm?galleryID=626133574&artistID=0

http://dart.fine-art.com/userprofile.asp?intUserID=5084

This one is REALLY interesting...note, adult content---
http://www.darkartists.com/members.cfm?users_action=profiles_main&start=31&count=15

shadowangel said:
These things do get bizarre...This web page, with an age-progression to age 21, resembles the actress.
http://216.46.184.235/states/montana/MEGAN_GINEVICZ.htm

Le'see, 1978 (birth date) + 21 (years of age) brings us to 1999, the dates noted on the post on Cyberpages from the supposed father...Keri (the actress) was 23 in 1999. Her most famous role, Felicity, ran from 1998 to 2002.
I couldn't find anything saying that Keri had ever been stalked. Her father is an executive with Nissan, though.

I did a search on the e-mail address from the CyberPages post, and came up with some hits. This is the guy, how many Ginevicz's would have an address in Watauga TX?

http://www.espectro.com/application/contact.cfm?galleryID=626133574&artistID=0

http://dart.fine-art.com/userprofile.asp?intUserID=5084

This one is REALLY interesting...note, adult content---
http://www.darkartists.com/members.cfm?users_action=profiles_main&start=31&count=15
I notice that the second link posted, dart.fine-art.com, appears to be an old one. The comments posted on there were from 1999.

Watauga, Texas is a small town, so I really doubt there would be more than one "Ginevicz" there.

I always questions "posters" who talk about conspiracies, etc. Although anything is possible, I suppose.

Marilynilpa said:
I notice that the second link posted, dart.fine-art.com, appears to be an old one. The comments posted on there were from 1999.

Watauga, Texas is a small town, so I really doubt there would be more than one "Ginevicz" there.

I always questions "posters" who talk about conspiracies, etc. Although anything is possible, I suppose.
It seems, considering where this guy's work is posted (Dark Artists, with a URL of DENverofIniquity) that this guy might believe in them....

I can't believe some people start to get these crazy theories about "prominent" people in higher positions in society having to do with things like this... I don't know what to think.. especially if with the alias Keri Russell they actually mean the actress? I mean come on thats ridiculous.

I also came across that art page of Bill Ginevcz... her father's name was William... is this him? it seems really bizarre too.

Shelby said:
I can't believe some people start to get these crazy theories about "prominent" people in higher positions in society having to do with things like this... I don't know what to think.. especially if with the alias Keri Russell they actually mean the actress? I mean come on thats ridiculous.

I also came across that art page of Bill Ginevcz... her father's name was William... is this him? it seems really bizarre too.
He uses the same e-mail address...The fact that he put it "alias Keri Russell" seems sorta strange to me. I can't see any other reason for incuding it unless he expected someone to recognize it.

Very interesting. Maybe he has convinced himself Keri Russell is his daughter as a way of coping. Maybe he saw the actress and thought they looked too much alike. Easier to believe that then that she met a horrible death years ago.

laini said:
Very interesting. Maybe he has convinced himself Keri Russell is his daughter as a way of coping. Maybe he saw the actress and thought they looked too much alike. Easier to believe that then that she met a horrible death years ago.

that's a really good point... I guess some of us could really never understand what it feels like to have a missing child.. your mind probably does crazy things.

So I searced Megan Ginevcz on Newslibrary.com and found this article:

March 30, 1994
FATHER STILL WAITING FOR MISSING DAUGHTER LOVELAND MAN WON'T GIVE UP HOPE OF FINDING CHILD WHO DISAPPEARED IN 1980 IN MONTANA

Author: ASSOCIATED PRESS
Edition: REGIONAL
Section: LOCAL
Page: 13A
Dateline: LOVELAND
Estimated printed pages: 2
Article Text:
Megan Ginevicz was 2 when she disappeared into rugged Montana wilderness 14 years ago.
Her father, William Ginevicz, has never given up hope. He still keeps two pictures in his window, hoping someone will remember her and end his agony.
One is a photo of Megan as a cherubic 2-year-old, grinning while she clutches a doll. Next to it is an adolescent face - Megan's photo computer- aged to the 16-year-old she would be today.
It is a picture of a young woman who may not exist.
Searchers in May 1980 scoured the area and speculated she drowned or had been carried off by a grizzly bear. They battled rain, snow and the elements for a week before giving up. Even search dogs failed to sniff out a trace.
Her father believes his daughter was abducted and that she may be alive with a new identity.
"I can't give up," said Ginevicz, 40. "Somebody took my kid, and I'm going to catch him sooner or later."
Megan's mother, D! ona Smith, now of Nederland, took her daughter and young son to Montana in early 1980 after her marriage with Ginevicz failed. Smith worked as a nanny for a couple in exchange for room and board.
The house was in a narrow, thickly forested valley outside St. Ignatius, a remote town in northwestern Montana.
Megan was in the yard playing in the early afternoon of April 30, 1980, while her mother finished chores. When Smith went to join her daughter, the child was gone.
Rain - and later snow - began falling within hours of the disappearance. It didn't let up for 10 days. That hampered the effort of hundreds of volunteer searchers.
Smith, now 38 and frail, remembers the anguish of the first night. "Can you imagine going to bed, and it's snowing, knowing your kid's out there?" she said.
Ginevicz, a self-described hippie at the time, flew up from Boulder to help - and immediately clashed with Lake County Sheriff Glenn Frame. Frame led the search effo! rts, which concentrated on the valley and a creek near the house.
Frame suspected Megan had either been nabbed by a bear or mountain lion, or was washed away in the creek. He ruled out a kidnapping, he said, because there was only one road to the house, and neighbors didn't report seeing any strangers or unusual vehicles.
Ginevicz said the sheriff was too quick to dismiss abduction and wouldn't publicize Megan's photo, an allegation Frame denied. Ginevicz eventually lost all faith in local authorities.
He rode the area on horseback and examined animal scat for some trace of Megan's clothing. Finally, he too, called it quits.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children lists Megan as the victim of a non-family abduction. The agency is mandated by Congress to search for missing children until either they or their remains are found.
The bottom line, said investigating authorities, is that no trace of the child was ever found. Dead or alive, Megan is still missing.
Ginevicz hopes that if she was kidna! pped, that she's happy. If so, he said, he would leave her alone, despite his desire to see the kidnappers pay.
"I just ask that she not forget her name," Ginevicz said. "That's what I ask in all my prayers. That she not forget her name is Megan."

This is so tragic. I was looking at http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/ginevicz_megan.html
and it got me to thinking exactly how many babies are missing because mom or dad got busy with other things and were not paying attention.
God, the terror they must feel.

There is no excuse for this child to be missing but back then did parents really think of abductions? I don't know. But she was only 2 years old and left alone to play outside near woods and a creek. That just seems insane to me. I just pray for closure for the family.

Yes, parents definitely did think of abductions back then. In the 70s we had a program in our neighborhood that designated safe houses throughout the neighborhood where a trustworthy adult would be home during the time children were walking back and forth to school, specifically so that kids could escape adults trying to abduct them, and other forms of danger..

This is tragic, but it seems like a clash between LE drawing reasonable conclusions given the circumstances, and parents who did not want to accept their conclusions (and the guilt of their own culpability in leaving a 2-year-old unattended). Sad.

I remember this case as I was living in Montana at the time.
I think a cougar is the most likely explanation.
My heart goes out to her parents.

There is no excuse for this child to be missing but back them did parents really think of abductions? I don't know. But she was only 2 years old and left alone to play outside near woods and a creek. That just seems insane to me. I just pray for closure for the family.

This is one of many cases on here I've read of recently where a very young child (under 5) disappeared while playing in the yard in the late 1970s and 1980s. To me it seems crazy that you would let a child that young play by themselves but I don't think abduction cases were as well publicized back then although it seemed to happen just as often back then as it does today. It's possible that in such a rural community with no recent kidnappings that a parent wouldn't be concerned about such a risk.

This is one of many cases on here I've read of recently where a very young child (under 5) disappeared while playing in the yard in the late 1970s and 1980s. To me it seems crazy that you would let a child that young play by themselves but I don't think abduction cases were as well publicized back then although it seemed to happen just as often back then as it does today. It's possible that in such a rural community with no recent kidnappings that a parent wouldn't be concerned about such a risk.

I spent 4 hours yesterday online looking at these types of cases. It is really amazing how many were stolen at aged 2 while alone outside.

It is a true mystery.

I believe she was carried off by animals but the others, I pray they were taken by someone who really wanted a child to love. I hate thinking of the opposite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back