1095 users online (226 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CO - Dustin Beaver, & his 3 kids, Middle Mountain, 16 July 2016

Family missing after hiking trip near Durango
    A father and his three young children have been reported missing after they failed to return from a hiking trip that started on Saturday.
    The father, identified as 33-year-old Dustin Beaver, and his three children (an 8-year-old boy, an 8-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy) were first reported missing by Beaverís wife on Sunday night.
    She found his car parked at the Cave Basin Trailhead on Middle Mountain, which is northeast of Durango and north of Vallecito Lake.
    http://www.9news.com/news/local/fami...ango/276334972
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh gosh - I wonder if they have any food or supplies with them.

Wow, four people missing since Saturday. And they didn't start searching until Monday. Prayers for strength and guidance for those searching.

Two hiking groups claim they spoke to Dustin on the trail Saturday and he told them they were hiking to Dollar Lake.

Teams from La Plata County Search & Rescue began searching early Monday morning. A helicopter from Flight for Life flew over the area during the morning. In the afternoon a Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad helicopter continued the air search. Four K-9 teams were also a part of the search.
    http://www.krdo.com/news/crews-searc...amily/40771896

I hope they just got lost and will be rescued very soon.

Thank goodness (from the first link)
    Authorities plan to request a National Guard helicopter with infrared or other night searches if the group isnít located by dusk.
    Last edited by Han; 07-18-2016 at 09:54 PM.

What's the weather been like?

"Boy, you better straighten up before I take out your eyes and look at your brain to see what's wrong with you."

The father and three young children who had been lost in the Weminuche Wilderness Area since Saturday were found on Monday evening, according to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities are working to assess their conditions.

http://www.9news.com/mb/news/local/f...ango/276334972

Very glad they havve been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Catchy kitty View Post
    What's the weather been like?
    This family must be so thankful to have been contacted by another group of hikers, who guided them to the Pine River Trail and Pine River Trailhead. They were out there two nights. Nighttime temps drop to mid 50's so they probably huddled together for warmth. Daytime temps near 90. If they were without water they were getting pretty thirsty although afternoon thunderstorms may have provided some much needed water.

I love CO and that area is beautiful; I'm so glad they were
    found alive.

Glad they are safe. Will always think of Dylan whenever I hear Lake Vallecito, La Plata County Sheriff's Office....

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Glad they are safe. Will always think of Dylan whenever I hear Lake Vallecito, La Plata County Sheriff's Office....
    Ditto. When I saw "Middle Mountain", I immediately looked at the rest of the header to see if it was Colorado.

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

Missing father and his three children are rescued by couple after being stranded for two nights in Colorado wilderness

Dustin Beaver, 33, and his three children; 8-year-old twins, a boy and a girl, and his six-year-old son were found safe in the Colorado wilderness

A couple found the family and lead them to a trailhead Monday night

The family was reported missing by Beaver's wife on Sunday night

Beaver, from Bayfield, told sheriff's deputies that bad directions from a Texas hiker caused him to go in the wrong direction

They wandered in the wilderness for two days before finding help

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4Exf9QZIa