1615 users online (360 members and 1255 guests)  

Websleuths News

New Zealand - Te Morehu McLean 15 & Anahera McLean, 7, Tuakau, 18 July 2016

"A young brother and sister have disappeared from their isolated rural home in the middle of the night with only the clothes they were wearing and a suitcase.

Te Morehu McLean, 15, and his seven-year-old sister Anahera left a property on Potter Road in Tuakau, south of Auckland, New Zealand, about 10pm on Monday night, causing concerns for their safety and a large-scale search.

On Tuesday searchers on foot and in a helicopter scoured nearby properties, farm buildings and outhouses for the siblings, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4EoYItcnD

36659B4700000578-3696653-image-a-36_1468889847948.jpg
    We need justice for:
    Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
    Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell
    and all victims of crime.

Oh no!! A 7 yr old wearing a onesie? Must mean something different in New Zealand than it means in the U.S. This is a foolish move, however, who knows why the 15 yr old felt the need to run? I hope they are safe.

Here in Canada...onesie's are a bit of a fad...babies to adults

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    "A young brother and sister have disappeared from their isolated rural home in the middle of the night with only the clothes they were wearing and a suitcase.

Te Morehu McLean, 15, and his seven-year-old sister Anahera left a property on Potter Road in Tuakau, south of Auckland, New Zealand, about 10pm on Monday night, causing concerns for their safety and a large-scale search.

On Tuesday searchers on foot and in a helicopter scoured nearby properties, farm buildings and outhouses for the siblings, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4EoYItcnD

36659B4700000578-3696653-image-a-36_1468889847948.jpg
    From the link - "The pair had left their caregiver's home without disturbing or taking anything, it was reported."

Sounds like they were in foster care maybe??? Beautiful children, I hope they are found quickly and safely.
    You put the light in me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket99 View Post
    Oh no!! A 7 yr old wearing a onesie? Must mean something different in New Zealand than it means in the U.S. This is a foolish move, however, who knows why the 15 yr old felt the need to run? I hope they are safe.
    You might be blissfully unaware but onesies for older children and adults really took off a few years ago. When I looked at buying PJs for my kids (def not babies) this year most stores had about 50% of the choices as onesies and 50% normal PJs.

What made these siblings flee? This is disturbing.
    Home of the Golden State Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    You might be blissfully unaware but onesies for older children and adults really took off a few years ago. When I looked at buying PJs for my kids (def not babies) this year most stores had about 50% of the choices as onesies and 50% normal PJs.
    I looked them up on line - I did not realize they were called onesies. Now I get it. Thanks

"At a news conference today Inspector Kay Lane said police now thought the pair may be with extended family in the greater Auckland area.

She said they were very close and Te Morehu was very protective of his sister.

"It appears that they do have family, extended family, in the greater Auckland area."

Inspector Kay LaneInspector Kay Lane Photo: RNZ /Claire Eastham-Farrelly
    She said they had been with a caregiver but, because they were under age 17, information about who that was would not be released.

Some family members were still being contacted, but police no longer had much concern about the pair's safety, she said."

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...ned-for-safety
    We need justice for:
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell

Anyone from Pokeno reading here?

I really hope these two are safe! Whatever their situation, I'm sure they're loved and wanted. I don't need to be told Temorehu is very protective of his little sister--it stands out a mile in the picture provided. May god watch over them on their journey and they reach their destination safe and sound and receive the help they so obviously need!

Still missing

"The search continues for two siblings who haven't been seen since Monday night when they left a rural South Auckland property with a large suitcase.

"We do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances involved, however, we would really like to hear from anyone who knows their whereabouts, so we can confirm they are safe," police inspector Kay Lane said.

It is understood the children have contacts in the greater Auckland area and police suspect this is where they have possibly located"

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti...ectid=11677963
    We need justice for:
    Jessica Heeringa
    William Tyrrell

"A mother of two children who ran away from home has been told by authorities to hand them over...":

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8257...ssing-children

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper77 View Post
    "A mother of two children who ran away from home has been told by authorities to hand them over...":

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8257...ssing-children
    I'm shocked by this and this happens all the time in NZ. We have had children murdered by persons unknown within the family(the police can prove this) but yet no one is charged. Because the families won't talk. This actually sickens me.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 08-18-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: repaired broken quote

They were found and placed somewhere else, thank goodness.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...ck-with-whanau
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by doodles1211 View Post
    They were found and placed somewhere else, thank goodness.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...ck-with-whanau
    Thanks so much for this update I'm glad they are both safe.