Angie Wright's Statement - Inconsistensies Galore. Let's Review

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
I politely used the word inconsistencies because, frankly, intentional lies would be a far more accurate description. I've spent the past 4 days reviewing her statement, the statements of several others as well as the Affidavits and Investigative Reports submitted by the Lee County detectives working this case. (who, by the way, have done a simply amazing job! I've never been more impressed by a team of detectives,)

I wanted to get this thread up days ago but as I've been reviewing and extracting relevant passages to support the inconsistencies, I kept running across more and more....and more. And I'm SURE I still haven't found them all. Frankly my mind is boggled with where to even begin. Some of these findings are extremely incriminating. So much so, that I now believe that when Wayne's plea deal is unsealed we will discover that immunity for Angie was part of the deal. I thought about starting with the "bombshell" inconsistencies but there are so many, I believe it is best to start at the beginning of her statement and work forward from there.

When reviewing all this, I keep asking myself exactly what did she know and, more importantly, when did she know it.

Below is a link to her entire statement in PDF format. Also, it is important to listen to Detective Lebid's interrogation of her which took place on July 12, 2015. Their voice intonations are very enlightening. Lebid already knew a LOT when he interviewed her, that is clear.

That audio file can be found linked here in Batch 4 (next to the last audio listed)

Attachments

• Angela Wright 725am 2015.07.12-3.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
snipped from AW statement taken on July 12, 2015; PDF p 9

AW tells investigators Wayne went on a business trip to Titusville, FL (antique auction for Jerry Lubinski)

attachment.php

However, per Lubinski, on June 25th, 2015 BOTH Wayne and Angie were at his home at which time CWW told JL the trip was to Bonita Springs to work on Mark's computers. Sundaye Harrison confirms that Angie was aware and unhappy that Wayne was going on "vacation" while she had to stay home.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lubinski statment.jpg
    Lubinski statment.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 716
  • AW trip location.jpg
    AW trip location.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 704
It didn't get past Lebid that just a couple of minutes later she almost slipped up by referencing "computers".

attachment.php

Attachments

• AW trip location 2.jpg
    AW trip location 2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 700
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AW aware MS out of town.jpg
    AW aware MS out of town.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 701
  • Lebid.jpg
    Lebid.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 695
Let's pause and review the significance of just the little I have posted so far -

• Per JL and SH's statements we know that at least by June 25th that Angie KNEW Wayne was going to Bonita Springs.
  • AW persistently continues to lie telling Lebid that Wayne went to Titusville.
  • "He was hoping to get to see Mark. But then found out Mark was going to be out of town and he wasn't going to get to see Mark, he told me." It appears she had knowledge that Mark was going to be out of town before Wayne even left MO.

Wayne going down to work on the computers while they were out of town, wouldn't necessarily be a big deal at all. It's possible Mark & Teresa trusted him enough to allow him access to their home & office while they were away. I could easily believe that.. The issue is - why lie about it at all? If there is nothing to hide, why intentionally and purposely mislead the detective?

I'm not even going to take the time to extract the pages or waste the bandwidth to post screenshots of ridiculous lies we're all aware of -

<snips & paraphrasing below - references from pdf pages 16-17>

Q: "Did you have sex with Mark the night before your wedding?"
A: "Not that I know of....but he and my husband look an awful lot alike..."

Q:"Were you blindfolded at any time?"
A: "Not that I can remember but I was pretty drunk that night."

Blah, blah, blah..... All lies. Lebid knows and he knew the answers when he asked the questions.

Though this is irrelevant to the crime, it is important to note how easily she willingly lies about anything and everything while under oath and being questioned about a heinous murder. Clearly, lying doesn't phase her in the least.

I'm not even bothering to highlight this one because the whole page would be yellow. More of the same.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Persistent Titusville.jpg
    Persistent Titusville.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 692
Gosh, I am making a mess out of trying to get to the meat of what is really important here. I realize it is disjointed so please bear with me while I try to connect the dots. (In my head they're connected but there is so much it is hard to put down for others to be able to follow easily. :pullhair:)

Keep these facts in mind -

• No where does Angie indicate to another soul that Wayne was traveling with anyone else. In fact, LE indicates KM called it a "solo trip". No mention of JR by Angie to anyone else that I've been able to find.

attachment.php

• The antique auction story was the one JR told TaySho. TaySho believed that and had no reason to question otherwise. Angie knew the truth was that they were going to the Jarvis Road residence.

• Keep in mind the "forgotten phone" - Wayne's primary cell that he left at home and that Angie had possession of while he was on the trip.

• Below is what Angie told Lebid regarding when Wayne arrived back in MO on June 29th.

attachment.php

(Continued next post)

Attachments

• solo trip.jpg
    solo trip.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 706
  • time arrive home.jpg
    time arrive home.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 683
  • CWW phone - arrive home data.jpg
    CWW phone - arrive home data.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 68
  • This is how Kathy Moran remembers that Monday afternoon/evening.
attachment.php

• THIS is what the GPS data indicates.

attachment.php

Attachments

• arrive home per KM.jpg
    arrive home per KM.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 677
  • CWW phone - arrive home data.jpg
    CWW phone - arrive home data.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 684
Re the blue outlined box -

As they arrived back in MO, Wayne dropped JR off at his home in Cadet, then swung through McDonalds before finally arriving back home to their trailer at 9:19pm. I can't prove Angie had a burner phone yet, and can't prove that she had Wayne's burner phone # but it is clear to me that she was communicating with him some way. IMO, she wouldn't have left her mother's as early as 5:00p unless she knew Wayne was going to be home soon after.

Re the red outlined box -
We know who had possession of that phone. Apparently LE feels likewise, per below.
attachment.php

So, 8 hours before they returned home, Angie used Wayne's primary cell phone and placed a call to JR's phone knowing Wayne was with JR. So, though she never mentioned JR to anyone else, she knew he was with Wayne. IMO, this call was placed intentionally so that should anyone question anything Wayne could "prove" he was back in MO as early as 1:00pm. Because look what happens the next day, per KM's second statement.
attachment.php

So many stories and so little time/patience. Though I must say the 1:00p claim is quite remarkable considering the timing of the phone call she made from Wayne's primary cell to JR's cell was at 1:09p. :aktion1:

There is so much more....many more discrepancies but I'll have to add them tomorrow. I've been trying to keep up with her lies and it's exhausting. This woman wears my butt out. Before I started down this path I always had a lot of empathy for her because she's suffered some terrible tragedies. I used to worry so much that she would be arrested and not be able to cope with incarceraton. Well, one thing I have discovered while sleuthing this angle is that Angie plays the "victim card" when it suits her best. When Lebid has her cornered, she doesn't hesitate to fill him in on her sad life in an effort to garner sympathy in hopes that he would back off. That isn't the only time I've seen her do that either.

Attachments

• LE AW call to JRs phone from CWWs cell.jpg
    LE AW call to JRs phone from CWWs cell.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 686
  • KM 1pm.jpg
    KM 1pm.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 694
Re the blue outlined box -

As they arrived back in MO, Wayne dropped JR off at his home in Cadet, then swung through McDonalds before finally arriving back home to their trailer at 9:19pm. I can't prove Angie had a burner phone yet, and can't prove that she had Wayne's burner phone # but it is clear to me that she was communicating with him some way. IMO, she wouldn't have left her mother's as early as 5:00p unless she knew Wayne was going to be home soon after.

Re the red outlined box -
We know who had possession of that phone. Apparently LE feels likewise, per below.
attachment.php

So, 8 hours before they returned home, Angie used Wayne's primary cell phone and placed a call to JR's phone knowing Wayne was with JR. So, though she never mentioned JR to anyone else, she knew he was with Wayne. IMO, this call was placed intentionally so that should anyone question anything Wayne could "prove" he was back in MO as early as 1:00pm. Because look what happens the next day, per KM's second statement.
attachment.php

So many stories and so little time/patience. Though I must say the 1:00p claim is quite remarkable considering the timing of the phone call she made from Wayne's primary cell to JR's cell was at 1:09p. :aktion1:

There is so much more....many more discrepancies but I'll have to add them tomorrow. I've been trying to keep up with her lies and it's exhausting. This woman wears my butt out. Before I started down this path I always had a lot of empathy for her because she's suffered some terrible tragedies. I used to worry so much that she would be arrested and not be able to cope with incarceraton. Well, one thing I have discovered while sleuthing this angle is that Angie plays the "victim card" when it suits her best. When Lebid has her cornered, she doesn't hesitate to fill him in on her sad life in an effort to garner sympathy in hopes that he would back off. That isn't the only time I've seen her do that either.

Wth. First of all. Where did this thread come from. Dang.

2nd. You are right about the 1pm call for alibi purposes that she purposely tried to help Wayne with.

I love how you highlighted the part where KM said that Angie told her he was back by 1.

I'm sure Curtis blinded her with the talk of riches to come. And her and TS and JR and CW all had a brief moment of salivating of riches that they thought would soon follow.

Thanks Beach.

Her mother said that Angie would do anything for Wayne.

Let us pretend Angie is innocent. They go to the funeral. She knows her beloved was down there fixing computers. Does she have any questions about what happened while Wayne was down there? Apparently not for some reason.

She does not seem interested or curious about the murder. No questions of the detective?

Apparently after the funeral, somehow they miraculously have money to go on a little trip.

Her mother said that Angie would do anything for Wayne.

Let us pretend Angie is innocent. They go to the funeral. She knows her beloved was down there fixing computers. Does she have any questions about what happened while Wayne was down there? Apparently not for some reason.

She does not seem interested or curious about the murder. No questions of the detective?

Apparently after the funeral, somehow they miraculously have money to go on a little trip.

Agree. Now since Mark told the detectives and his Websleuths V.I friend that nothing was stolen; Then this should ultimately lead all to believe that Curtis was funded by Mark. Jmo.

snipped from AW statement taken on July 12, 2015; PDF p 9

AW tells investigators Wayne went on a business trip to Titusville, FL (antique auction for Jerry Lubinski)

attachment.php

However, per Lubinski, on June 25th, 2015 BOTH Wayne and Angie were at his home at which time CWW told JL the trip was to Bonita Springs to work on Mark's computers. Sundaye Harrison confirms that Angie was aware and unhappy that Wayne was going on "vacation" while she had to stay home.

attachment.php

And this is why I hope that Teresa's family will pay the first witness that told LE about Curtis and his trip and Angie comments a nice reward.

Jmo.

Look how Angie tried to cover things up before she knew that there was an informant that already gave the right information. Jmo.

Plus Taylor didn't question or say anything until forced as well. Especially until after Curtis told JR that warrants were handed down. Jmo

So I just truly hope that once the estate clears or something.

That this person who saved LE years of investigating ; Can get at least 10k or so. Jmo.

Because Mark isn't going to pay the person. Lol.

Imo. Curtis snitched to save Angie as well. Jmo.

I also bet Mark is telling his kids that they will be rich one day due to the insurance. And to always look out for dad and send me money.

And don't trust so and so because they only want your future money.

Jmo.

Mark is definitely that sneaky.

Wow, Beach, amazing work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What's most significant is the timing - this interview was conducted on July 12th. Angie was interviewed at 7:25am, immediately after the raid. She was interviewed BEFORE anyone else, including Wayne. They had just arrived home from FL the evening of the 10th, approximately 36 hours before the raid. They had spent the prior 9+ days in Florida, even staying 3 days after Teresa's funeral. As far as they knew, all was fine, LE wasn't on to them. They were even planning trips in the near future. As far as they were concerned, the future was bright.

Then BAM! The surprise raid. Immediately, Angie is persistently lying to Detective Lebid knowing he is conducting a murder investigation of the woman whose funeral they had just attended. WHY? If she didn't know anything, why is she lying? For that matter why was she lying to others (particularly her mother) and withholding information (JR) BEFORE Wayne returned from committing the murder? I'm convinced Angie knew a LOT, if not before, then certainly after she was in Florida.

There would be no reason for her to lie otherwise. If her husband was such an honorable, gentle man incapable of committing such a heinous act (as she claims in her interview), why not just tell the truth as she knows it and let the chips fall where they may? After the raid, Wayne wouldn't have had a chance to ask her to go along and help cover for him. There was no opportunity for them to speak privately between the raid and her being interviewed. Why was she read her Miranda rights if LE didn't already feel she had prior knowledge?

The question is - how much did she know and when did she know it?

Regarding my assertion that I believe we will discover that immunity for Angie was part of Wayne's plea deal, that is further supported by Mark's attorney bringing her up during his questioning of Wayne during the custody hearing. Mark, furious that his brother of another mother had rolled on him, was going to make sure that Wayne knew despite his deal with the SAO, HE was going to expose that Angie had knowledge. My opinion only.

Beach, thanks so much for your hard work on this thread. Beside the fact that you have a really sharp legal mind you have a heart of gold and give everyone the benefit of the doubt- I'm not even capable of that- but you have common sense and can put things together easily. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said and unfortunately (or fortunately) I held misgivings of Angie from the beginning. The get-go. I'm going to be very interested in this thread. Great job!

Let's pause and review the significance of just the little I have posted so far -

• Per JL and SH's statements we know that at least by June 25th that Angie KNEW Wayne was going to Bonita Springs.
  • AW persistently continues to lie telling Lebid that Wayne went to Titusville.
    [*]"He was hoping to get to see Mark. But then found out Mark was going to be out of town and he wasn't going to get to see Mark, he told me." It appears she had knowledge that Mark was going to be out of town before Wayne even left MO.

Wayne going down to work on the computers while they were out of town, wouldn't necessarily be a big deal at all. It's possible Mark & Teresa trusted him enough to allow him access to their home & office while they were away. I could easily believe that.. The issue is - why lie about it at all? If there is nothing to hide, why intentionally and purposely mislead the detective?

BBM - Beach, why do you think she knew Mark was going to be out of town before Wayne left MO? I'm not saying it isn't possible or isn't likely, but when I was re-reading I didn't get that vibe. It sounds to me like she was saying that CWW told her after he got there or when he came back. Just based on this quoted statement. I was just wondering if there is something else or if I'm not seeing something - ENTIRELY possible, ha.

This thread is a great idea by the way.

Help with locating info please. I haven't downloaded all the batches so cant do a search. I would like to locate the 2nd AW interview..preferably the transcribed PDF. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back