SC - Deziyah Davis, 9, & Denise Couplin, 52, murdered, Darlington Co., 17 July 2016 *arrests*

How horrible!! Were these two scumbags related to the victims?

Darlington,SC: A 9 yr.old girl and her Grandmother were discovered dead in their home ...

http://www.scnow.com/news/article_a4177312-4cf8-11e6-8635-b346178e3fab.html

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
DARLINGTON, S.C. – Two people were arrested Monday in connection with a double homicide in Darlington County claiming the life of a 9-year-old girl and her grandmother.

Cephas Cowick, 23, and Katherine Baucom-Cowick, 25, have been charged with murder in connection with this incident, according to Darlington County Sheriff Wayne Byrd.

How horrible!! Were these two scumbags related to the victims?
I'm not sure, I've been looking at news articles and haven't bee able to find that out yet. Very bizarre..

I think it was drug related. The female (Katherine) comes from a good family. Very sad

Denise Couplin

3b60bae21e258d6ecc990461fc1a65aa.jpg

Deziyah Davis

b8d87aa7e3369d139848f3c86249dc12.jpg

So sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank u for posting their pictures

July 2017:

State seeks death penalty for man accused of murdering 9-year-old girl, grandmother in Darlington Co.

State prosecutors are now seeking the death penalty against the man accused of murdering an 9-year-old girl and her grandmother in July of 2016. A wrongful death suit filed by the family of the victims claims that the murders were related to drug use and other illegal activity taking place at the grandmother’s home.

Cephas Cowick was served with the notice of intent for the state to seek the death penalty on June 6, 2017.

http://www.newsandpress.net/state-seeks-death-penalty-in-double-murder/

According to court documents, the prosecutors’ decision is motivated by the following aggravating circumstances: the victim of the murder was under 11 years of age; the murder was committed with the purpose of receiving money or something of monetary value; the case involves multiple murder victims.

Cowick’s wife, Katherine Baucom, faces two counts of murder and will be tried separately.

Wrongful death lawsuit filed after killing of Darlington 9-year-old, grandmother

From December:

Woman charged in murders of Darlington grandmother, child granted bond

Bond was granted Wednesday for the 26-year-old woman charged with two counts of murder for the deaths of a 9-year-old girl and her grandmother in Darlington County in 2016.

As of Friday morning, Baucom-Cowick was still in custody at the Darlington County Detention Center. Norton said a GPS monitoring devices must be set up before Baucom-Cowick can be released. Other conditions of her release include house arrest from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., and no contact with the victims’ families or her co-defendant Cephas Cowick.

Bond denied again for man accused of killing 9-year-old Darlington girl, grandmother

Bond was denied once again for Cephas Cowick, 24, who has been charged with the murders of Denise Couplin, 52, and her 9-year-old granddaughter Deziyah Davis.

The court records say the state could call the case for trial sometime in July.

Man charged in Darlington double murder won't face jury until 2019
It will be another year before Cowick will go to trial for his charges - two counts of murder; third-degree arson; criminal conspiracy; armed robbery with a deadly weapon; first-degree burglary; grand larceny less than $10,000; and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

A scheduling order filed at the end of June states jury selection for a trial won’t start until August 19, 2019.

His wife, Katherine Baucom-Cowick, faces the same charges, but she was granted bond in December 2017. There have been no recent updates from her side of this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back