Found Deceased TX - Alexis Wartena, 7, autistic, Amarillo, 19 July 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
APD searching for missing child with autism
13726587_1126393264093932_2247283342362339224_n.jpg

Alexis Wartena, 7, was last seen at the Kiva Motel earlier Tuesday afternoon.
http://www.kxxv.com/story/32483341/apd-searching-for-miss-child-with-autism

Lord please don't let there be water nearby.

I just looked at a satellite map, and there are bodies of water nearby, and the police are asking people to avoid Plays Lake area.

How far is the water from the hotel? Would it be easily found by Alexis, since she didn't know the area? Since they are searching Plays Lake I'm assuming so... ugh, sick to my stomach about this one... :(

How far is the water from the hotel? Would it be easily found by Alexis, since she didn't know the area? Since they are searching Plays Lake I'm assuming so... ugh, sick to my stomach about this one... :(

There is one directly behind the motel. I think I counted 3 or 4 others that appear to be a few minutes walk.

From above,"she is nonverbal, but responds to her name."

Of course we know about all the little sweeties with autism who are found in the water; however, imo, in addition to the water and known autism connection/potential, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an abduction in this case as well. The motel...of course all the guests would be checked out, but who knows if anyone has already left with her. And the freeway being right there...

Hoping for Alexis' safe return.

Kiva Motel:

Reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...va_Hotel_Amarillo-Amarillo_Texas.html#REVIEWS

Map Screenshot: (ugh, so much water nearby... :( )
Image source: Google

attachment.php

(Ugh, I really hate that I have to run out to work right now!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-20-07-31-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-20-07-31-44.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 334
Found this article about the lake they are searching (per post #14 by Hollye):

"Public response about the city's intention to deal with the site was mixed. Rudy Mendez, who lives in the area says the lake site is dangerous. "Where the water runs, they haven't maintained for years. So now you've got about a 30 foot drop, straight drop down. It's like cliffs."

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/10807959/new-obstacles-to-t-anchor-lake

I live in Amarillo and all of our area resources are searching for Alexis. This motel is very close to water and it's on the access road of I-40, which is a main highway that goes all the way to California. The local media is saying there is no indication she went in the water but they are searching by foot, dive, horse and dog. Hoping someone saw this sweet baby and praying she is not in the water. The motel is right by a Cracker Barrel restaurant so I would think someone would have seen her if she went in that area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back