1077 users online (237 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MA - Dylan Francisco, 15, mistaken for intruder, fatally shot, Chicopee, 16 July 2016

Police: 15-year-old boy shot, killed after being mistaken for intruder

Authorities say 15-year-old Dylan Francisco was drinking alcohol with a friend on Saturday afternoon when they decided to walk to another friend’s home.
    They knocked on the wrong door, then:

Francisco broke a pane of glass in the door when he knocked on it.

At that point, Lovell fired his gun, shooting Francisco in the chest.
    The shooter is charged with murder and being held without bail.

It's weird to me the shooting occurred during daylight. Also - when someone knocks on my door I usually at least peek through a window even if I have no intention of answering.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 07-19-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Funeral services announced for Dylan Francisco, 15, Chicopee shooting victim

The teenager, whose obituary who gives his full name as Dylan Christopher Waitson-Francisco, attended the Glenwood School in Springfield for elementary school, according to the obituary. Later he attended middle school in Chicopee.

He also started working for the Summer Youth Program with the Valley Opportunity Council in July.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Police: 15-year-old boy shot, killed after being mistaken for intruder

They knocked on the wrong door, then:

The shooter is charged with murder and being held without bail.

It's weird to me the shooting occurred during daylight. Also - when someone knocks on my door I usually at least peek through a window even if I have no intention of answering.
    There was a case where a homeowner fired a shotgun at close range on a drunk female that was previously in a car accident a hour prior to knocking on his door.

I think they are charging him with murder as well.

But she didn't break his window or anything.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    There was a case where a homeowner fired a shotgun at close range on a drunk female that was previously in a car accident a hour prior to knocking on his door.

I think they are charging him with murder as well.

But she didn't break his window or anything.
    That sounds familiar - was it in Michigan?

How sad. That guy sure was trigger-happy. Was he expecting someone dangerous? Was he protecting a stash of drugs? Who shoots through a door? Mmmmmm....someone inside who's up to no good.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Yes ma'am.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

his wife woke him up and said she thought someone was trying to break in, sounds like the kid knocked on multiple doors loudly and was very intoxicated, while they were having a "conversation" thru the storm door the kid kept knocking and broke a pane of glass, the owner immediately shot after the pane of glass broke.

he will be going to jail, the laws in mass are different from most states - the man admitted that at no point was the kid inside the house, the kid was not armed, and it is not claimed that the kid made any threats, the door was locked and there was an inner door. this also happened in the middle of the day.

***the other case people are referring to is the renisha mcbride case

BlueSneakers,
    Yes, MI, and IIRC, Detroit. Trying to remember more.

Yes ma'am.
    Los Angeles Times says he got 17 - 32 years.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...903-story.html

I wonder what this guy will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    How sad. That guy sure was trigger-happy. Was he expecting someone dangerous? Was he protecting a stash of drugs? Who shoots through a door? Mmmmmm....someone inside who's up to no good.
    I think you're on to something Lilibet. There's more to his story.

Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    his wife woke him up and said she thought someone was trying to break in, sounds like the kid knocked on multiple doors loudly and was very intoxicated, while they were having a "conversation" thru the storm door the kid kept knocking and broke a pane of glass, the owner immediately shot after the pane of glass broke.

he will be going to jail, the laws in mass are different from most states - the man admitted that at no point was the kid inside the house, the kid was not armed, and it is not claimed that the kid made any threats, the door was locked and there was an inner door. this also happened in the middle of the day.

***the other case people are referring to is the renisha mcbride case
    Thank you. That was her name.

Now back to business. Breaking down a window or door isn't harmless to a owner that is caught off guard. Jmo.

Thank you. That was her name.

Now back to business. Breaking down a window or door isn't harmless to a owner that is caught off guard. Jmo.
    He didn't break down the door. You're right about breaking the glass - that's kind of scary - but it doesn't sound like there was any danger of the kid getting inside the house. Why would you shoot someone in that situation? I would yell GTFO and call 911.

I'm curious about what the other kids will say. I haven't seen any statements from them yet.

Okay. I thought the owner was a older guy or something. But here is Jeffrey Lovell, 42,

2016-07-19-21-30-46-1110635276.jpeg

2016-07-19-21-30-50--448629046.jpeg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast