1199 users online (219 members and 980 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

General Discussion #7

Continue here!

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    I've been wondering if there was some significance to Raven calling his site "Ravenstree". Nothing yet but here is some interesting information about ravens:

Ravens, crows, wildlife information - DesertUSA

The raven is often confused with its close relative, the crow, but there are major differences between the two species that are apparent when crows and ravens are seen together. Ravens are more solitary than crows ...

Ravens eat rodents, insects, grain, fruit, bird eggs and refuse. They consume much carrion, especially in winter and will even prey upon sick and injured animals...

A raven is every bit as alert as a crow and possesses sharp eyesight and hearing. Ravens are considered among the most intelligent of all birds; like crows, they can learn to imitate a variety of sounds, including the human voice...

Many cultures have regarded the raven as an omen of death, pestilence and disease...

Breeding & Nesting

The birds nest in a variety of locations. In southern Utah, ravens build large stick nests in a variety of locations, depending upon their nesting territory. Many nest sites are in alcoves or large fractures in cliff walls, or on protected ledges that are well shaded. But I've also observed nests builtin small shrubs, on bridge underpasses, telephone poles and signposts along railroads. Wherever there is a suitable platform to build a nest, that is a potential raven nesting area...

Common Raven Fact Sheet

... With a 4 ½ foot wingspan, the common raven is the largest of the birds classified by biologists as songbirds. They are considered to be extremely intelligent and will bury or store surplus food. They will hide their stored food under rocks or small holes in the ground and conceal their stash with leaves, twigs or other debris.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

The Redfern Gallery--Mark Rossi

A piece of artwork called "Raven Tree". Raven did mention in his Classmates.com bio that he enjoys the arts/museums, etc. The artist lives in Tucson, Arizona.

Mahatma Gandhi

Joshua Tree NP

... Ravens were uncommon in the California deserts in the first half of the 20th century; wildlife biologists now estimate that raven populations have increased here by approximately 1000 percent in the last 35 years. How has this happened? Although the question cannot be answered with any finality, much of the raven’s success seems to hinge on its innate intelligence and its ability to exploit conditions provided by human habitation. Wherever people are, ravens thrive. They are world-class opportunists...

Even before recorded history, Native Americans told many stories about the raven, the majority of which characterized it as a mischievous and clever animal...

These birds are very gregarious and sometimes form groups composed of as many as one hundred individuals. Their ability to produce a wide range of sounds may attest to a sophisticated avian vocabulary that, although largely impenetrable to humans, allows them to express themselves and communicate a vast amount of information crucial to their survival...

Ravens are neither predators nor scavengers—they are both. Some of their energy income is collected through predation while another portion is obtained by scavenging, but when people unwittingly provide them with fast food in the form of dog chow or shredded fishheads, why should they bother to hunt for a gourmet meal? They’re shrewd enough to grab what they can, when they can. And grab they do...

Mahatma Gandhi

Crow City
    ... There are many tales from antiquity to the present day about the wisdom and cunning of the raven. The raven who wished for a drink when the water was too low in the tank is an example; he collected stones from nearby and dropped them into the tank, thus heightening the level of the water. And it was not the dove but the raven whom Noah first sent forth from the ark to spy for land. The raven did not return, however, since it was too busy feeding on the floating corpses of the drowned ...

Mahatma Gandhi

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Wow, JG, great information, seems like he was named correctly, as he is The Raven.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

"Raven" in Menominee ...

The Hotcâk Arrival Myth

Tells a brief story followed by this commentary:

This story probably originated within the Bear Clan. In version 3 of the Bear Clan Origin Myth, the founders of the clan changed into ravens (crows) as they were crossing the waters. When they arrived on land, they changed back into bears. Because they changed twice, they were held to have greater power. [2] It may also be of interest that a raven is included as one of the items of the Thunderbird Warbundle. [3] The first man to land and to be recognized as chief would be expected to be a member of the Thunderbird Clan, as the chief is always drawn from that clan...

Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry, I've resulted to acting like I'm 10 years old :)

Raven, raven sitting in his tree
    cheating, lying and committing felonies
    First comes probation
    Then comes an arrest
    Then comes the color orange, which suits you best!
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

"Raven" is part of the Thunder phratry.

The Menominee clan system is an example of the sophistication and culture found throughout early tribal groups in the Americas. In the system, each phratry was an excellent source of expertise and knowledge, in specific areas. Based on these areas, each one performed a specific duty:

Bear - Speakers and keepers of the law.

Thunderers - Freedom and justice.

Moose - Community or individual security.

Crane- Architecture, construction, and art.

Wolf - Hunting and gathering.

Mahatma Gandhi

..good digging Jersey.........

"Even before recorded history, Native Americans told many stories about the raven, the majority of which characterized it as a mischievous and clever animal..."

.....mischievious? i'm sure he thinks so.... clever ? guess we'll see.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

terminatrixator vbmenu_register("postmenu_860234", true);

Boy & Girl
    Welcome SimonSays,

Boy marries, girl, girl, finds out her husband is cheating, girl find outs she's pregnant, girl has baby, boy probably cheats more, boy spends all his money on toys, boy doesn't pay his bills, boy buys more toys, boy talks about his knife collection, boy lies, boy cheats, boy embezzles from his firm, boy gets fired, boy can't keep a job, girl finds out she's expecting a baby, girl is a mother of a 6-month old child, girl is beautiful, girl is smart, girl is good, boy writes about changes coming up in his life, next day girl is brutaly murdered along with her unborn child, boy tells LE girl hurt, boy tells LE girl shot, girl died of multiple stab wounds, boy tells people girl committed suicide, boy tells people she died, boy doesn't ask public for information, boy's family starts a trust fund day after MURDER in another state, boy takes child and moves to other state, boy doesn't contact LE regarding girl's murder, boy finally goes to court on embezzlement charges, boy tells people it was misdemeanor, boy lied, boy is a convicted felon, boy plays soccer, boy takes online classes, boy goes to singles functions, boy travels, boy pawns his motherless child on others, boy has anger issues, boy out walking the streets, playing with his toys, working part-time jobs, boy lies on resumes, boy likes lying, denying, and snivelling, boy is murderer, girl and baby are gone, boy is bad, bad person.

Not the End!

...i didn't take the post 'lightly' or as 'humourous' ............but, in a nut-shell, there you have it.......

..for those new to the case----------excellent summation.......( but do click on the threads and read more.............interesting stuff..)

..Welcome SimonSays! a new prospective is always refreshing, please post your thoughts.......

..( i'm not able to post/read here as much as i'd like to these days----------my hats off to those of you 'hard at it, and continuing on in the name of justice")..hopefully, we WILL see an arrest one of these days, or WAS this the perfect murder ? maybe, time will tell...
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
    Raven, raven sitting in his tree
    cheating, lying and committing felonies
    First comes probation
    Then comes an arrest
    Then comes the color orange, which suits you best!
    This is good!!

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Don't know where to post this, but the Media Links Section (do not talk) is not up-to-date. Many of the articles and stories have been archived. When a paper archives an article - the direct link is broken.

I have a record of all the articles, in order, with their direct links if anyone is looking for an article in particular.

If an admin or moderator would like me to start reposting them or start a new "Updated" media thread - please feel free to let me know.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

We've got 17 people that voted unsure on the poll about who murdered Janet. Interestingly, we have 9 that have voted for specific murder scenarios that exclude Raven including a "family member", a "jealous female", an "infatuated ex-boyfriend", and "contract killer".

Since comments tend to get overlooked on that thread, I wanted to bring this up here. I have no problem with other opinions but I'm really curious to know what's leading some people to believe so differently than other people. For those of you that voted in one of the minority categories, please help us to see how you believe the way that you do. What is it that you see in the information that we've all compiled that leads you to believe that Raven did NOT commit this crime?

Mahatma Gandhi

Welcome to the forum here momx3. Finally someone that knows raven speaks out. I bet it was quite a shock to be looking for an old classmate and find out he steals, lies, cheats and possibly murders! It would be interesting to hear what raven's friends think. I wonder how many of them don't want to think about it?...especially if they are married themselves. I can't imagine any of them wanting to leave their spouse or child alone in a room with raven...that "I'm not positive his innocent" creeps up in their mind often, I bet!
    Justice For Janet Christiansen Abaroa!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast