1027 users online (177 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL- Autistic man's caregiver shot by police

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...ictim-account/

North Miami Police told CBS News they received a 911 call Monday about an armed man who was threatening suicide. But instead, they encountered Charles Kinsey and his patient.
    The video shows Kinsey laying in the middle of a North Miami street, trying to coax his patient back to a mental health center from where he wandered, reports CBS News correspondent Vinita Nair. Kinsey was shot, but survived.
    MOO

This is scary but it's also mind-boggling!

"They cuff my hands and they flip me over. And I'm saying, 'sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know,'" Kinsey said.

I don't know? My guess is they're all on edge after the recent police shootings (shootings of police I mean). You can't be uncertain or jittery when you've got a loaded weapon in your hand.

Thank god Kinsey is alive.

I think there's video from the scene somewhere.

(Thank you for starting the thread SweetCaroline. When I'm on my phone it takes four or five steps and the app often times out so none of it posts. Frustrating!)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...ictim-account/

North Miami Police told CBS News they received a 911 call Monday about an armed man who was threatening suicide. But instead, they encountered Charles Kinsey and his patient.
    The video shows Kinsey laying in the middle of a North Miami street, trying to coax his patient back to a mental health center from where he wandered, reports CBS News correspondent Vinita Nair. Kinsey was shot, but survived.
    Thank you SweetCaroline. This was posted on another thread last night and I couldn't find it this morning. This is unbelievable. Fortunately this man is recovering.

Just read this and came to post. Unbelievable!

'Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, provided a cellphone video to the Herald on Wednesday taken moments before the shooting. It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while the autistic man sits next to him, yelling at him to "shut up."'

(snip)

"In an interview with the TV station, Kinsey said he was more worried about his patient than himself during the incident.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not going to shoot me. This is what I'm thinking. They're not going to shoot me," he said. "Wow was I wrong.""

http://www.gainesville.com/news/2016...lies-in-street

Here's a guy that is more worried about his client and has more knowledge than the police re: the client and how to handle the situation. That officer needs to be gone and the department needs to be educated.
    Last edited by Ray_of_hope; 07-21-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

There is absolutely no excuse for what this police officer did.

I hope he is punished severely in criminal court.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e90905442.html
    In a prepared statement, North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth said “arriving officers attempted to negotiate with the two men on the scene, one of whom was later identified as suffering from autism... At some point during the on-scene negotiation, one of the responding officers discharged his weapon.”
    By Wednesday, Napoleon said he was already negotiating a possible settlement with the city of North Miami
    At this point it does seem like the police officer shot without cause. I realize there is no video of the shooting itself but leading up to the shooting Kinsey is doing everything asked of him, and at the same time trying to get the autistic man to also follow directions.

We're all on edge. Many of my loved ones are either black or LEOs. I pray every night for those I love to come home safely.
    MOO

The victim, Charles Kinsey, is heard yelling to police that he is a caretaker in a group home, they are both unarmed, and that the client has a toy truck and is autistic! And this is all before the shooting.

Here's another view via youtube:
    Last edited by Ray_of_hope; 07-21-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e90905442.html
    In a prepared statement, North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth said “arriving officers attempted to negotiate with the two men on the scene, one of whom was later identified as suffering from autism... At some point during the on-scene negotiation, one of the responding officers discharged his weapon.”
    By Wednesday, Napoleon said he was already negotiating a possible settlement with the city of North Miami
    At this point it does seem like the police officer shot without cause. I realize there is no video of the shooting itself but leading up to the shooting Kinsey is doing everything asked of him, and at the same time trying to get the autistic man to also follow directions.
    Imo, it seems the US is paying for LE to have the privilege to shoot people at will.

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    This is scary but it's also mind-boggling!

"They cuff my hands and they flip me over. And I'm saying, 'sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know,'" Kinsey said.

I don't know? My guess is they're all on edge after the recent police shootings (shootings of police I mean). You can't be uncertain or jittery when you've got a loaded weapon in your hand.

Thank god Kinsey is alive.

I think there's video from the scene somewhere.

(Thank you for starting the thread SweetCaroline. When I'm on my phone it takes four or five steps and the app often times out so none of it posts. Frustrating!)
    On edge or not, this makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently the call the police received was about a potential suicide. Shooting someone is not a proper response if you believe they might commit suicide. Further, there was engagement--conversation and negotiation with a man lying flat on his back with his arms pointing to the sky. Nothing in that scenario presented any hint of a threat to the police. Something is very wrong here.

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post
    Just read this and came to post. Unbelievable!

'Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, provided a cellphone video to the Herald on Wednesday taken moments before the shooting. It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while the autistic man sits next to him, yelling at him to "shut up."'

(snip)

"In an interview with the TV station, Kinsey said he was more worried about his patient than himself during the incident.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not going to shoot me. This is what I'm thinking. They're not going to shoot me," he said. "Wow was I wrong.""

http://www.gainesville.com/news/2016...lies-in-street

Here's a guy that is more worried about his client and has more knowledge than the police re: the client and how to handle the situation. That officer needs to be gone and the department needs to be educated.
    Who thinks if it was not a cop, that shooter would be jail at this time?

I do

i do

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Imo, it seems the US is paying for LE to have the privilege to shoot people at will.
    Yep...

By Wednesday, Napoleon said he was already negotiating a possible settlement with the city of North Miami.
    Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e90905442.html

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast