GUILTY FL - Charles Kinsey, autistic caregiver, North Miami, July 2016 -guilty of misdemeanor

SweetCaroline

Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...med-caregiver-of-autistic-man-victim-account/

North Miami Police told CBS News they received a 911 call Monday about an armed man who was threatening suicide. But instead, they encountered Charles Kinsey and his patient.
The video shows Kinsey laying in the middle of a North Miami street, trying to coax his patient back to a mental health center from where he wandered, reports CBS News correspondent Vinita Nair. Kinsey was shot, but survived.

This is scary but it's also mind-boggling!

"They cuff my hands and they flip me over. And I'm saying, 'sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know,'" Kinsey said.

I don't know? My guess is they're all on edge after the recent police shootings (shootings of police I mean). You can't be uncertain or jittery when you've got a loaded weapon in your hand.

Thank god Kinsey is alive.

I think there's video from the scene somewhere.

(Thank you for starting the thread SweetCaroline. When I'm on my phone it takes four or five steps and the app often times out so none of it posts. Frustrating!)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida...med-caregiver-of-autistic-man-victim-account/

North Miami Police told CBS News they received a 911 call Monday about an armed man who was threatening suicide. But instead, they encountered Charles Kinsey and his patient.
The video shows Kinsey laying in the middle of a North Miami street, trying to coax his patient back to a mental health center from where he wandered, reports CBS News correspondent Vinita Nair. Kinsey was shot, but survived.

Thank you SweetCaroline. This was posted on another thread last night and I couldn't find it this morning. This is unbelievable. Fortunately this man is recovering.

Just read this and came to post. Unbelievable!

'Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, provided a cellphone video to the Herald on Wednesday taken moments before the shooting. It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while the autistic man sits next to him, yelling at him to "shut up."'

(snip)

"In an interview with the TV station, Kinsey said he was more worried about his patient than himself during the incident.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not going to shoot me. This is what I'm thinking. They're not going to shoot me," he said. "Wow was I wrong.""

http://www.gainesville.com/news/201...-autistic-mans-caretaker-as-he-lies-in-street

Here's a guy that is more worried about his client and has more knowledge than the police re: the client and how to handle the situation. That officer needs to be gone and the department needs to be educated.

There is absolutely no excuse for what this police officer did.

I hope he is punished severely in criminal court.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html
In a prepared statement, North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth said “arriving officers attempted to negotiate with the two men on the scene, one of whom was later identified as suffering from autism... At some point during the on-scene negotiation, one of the responding officers discharged his weapon.”
By Wednesday, Napoleon said he was already negotiating a possible settlement with the city of North Miami
At this point it does seem like the police officer shot without cause. I realize there is no video of the shooting itself but leading up to the shooting Kinsey is doing everything asked of him, and at the same time trying to get the autistic man to also follow directions.

We're all on edge. Many of my loved ones are either black or LEOs. I pray every night for those I love to come home safely.

The victim, Charles Kinsey, is heard yelling to police that he is a caretaker in a group home, they are both unarmed, and that the client has a toy truck and is autistic! And this is all before the shooting.

Here's another view via youtube: [video=youtube;3i882k91sHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i882k91sHo[/video]

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html
In a prepared statement, North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth said “arriving officers attempted to negotiate with the two men on the scene, one of whom was later identified as suffering from autism... At some point during the on-scene negotiation, one of the responding officers discharged his weapon.”
By Wednesday, Napoleon said he was already negotiating a possible settlement with the city of North Miami
At this point it does seem like the police officer shot without cause. I realize there is no video of the shooting itself but leading up to the shooting Kinsey is doing everything asked of him, and at the same time trying to get the autistic man to also follow directions.

Imo, it seems the US is paying for LE to have the privilege to shoot people at will.

This is scary but it's also mind-boggling!

"They cuff my hands and they flip me over. And I'm saying, 'sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know,'" Kinsey said.

I don't know? My guess is they're all on edge after the recent police shootings (shootings of police I mean). You can't be uncertain or jittery when you've got a loaded weapon in your hand.

Thank god Kinsey is alive.

I think there's video from the scene somewhere.

(Thank you for starting the thread SweetCaroline. When I'm on my phone it takes four or five steps and the app often times out so none of it posts. Frustrating!)

On edge or not, this makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently the call the police received was about a potential suicide. Shooting someone is not a proper response if you believe they might commit suicide. Further, there was engagement--conversation and negotiation with a man lying flat on his back with his arms pointing to the sky. Nothing in that scenario presented any hint of a threat to the police. Something is very wrong here.

Just read this and came to post. Unbelievable!

'Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, provided a cellphone video to the Herald on Wednesday taken moments before the shooting. It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while the autistic man sits next to him, yelling at him to "shut up."'

(snip)

"In an interview with the TV station, Kinsey said he was more worried about his patient than himself during the incident.

"As long as I've got my hands up, they're not going to shoot me. This is what I'm thinking. They're not going to shoot me," he said. "Wow was I wrong.""

http://www.gainesville.com/news/201...-autistic-mans-caretaker-as-he-lies-in-street

Here's a guy that is more worried about his client and has more knowledge than the police re: the client and how to handle the situation. That officer needs to be gone and the department needs to be educated.

Who thinks if it was not a cop, that shooter would be jail at this time?

I do

i do

On edge or not, this makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently the call the police received was about a potential suicide. Shooting someone is not a proper response if you believe they might commit suicide. Further, there was engagement--conversation and negotiation with a man lying flat on his back with his arms pointing to the sky. Nothing in that scenario presented any hint of a threat to the police. Something is very wrong here.

Very, very wrong. We can hear what's being said so I think it's safe to assume the officers did. We could also see it was a toy truck. The kid holds it up at one point - I don't know whether to show it off or to show it's not a weapon, but it's obviously not a gun.

“They realize this was something inappropriate regarding the shooting,” he said. “If police departments come out more and admit fault, that would probably go a long way,” toward improving relations with the public, he said.

The incident highlights how explosive a situation can get when cops already on edge are forced to confront someone with autism or a mental disability

BBM: This is key. This would be a good start.

In most of these there is no overt threatening behavior by the people that are getting shot. Its kinda reflexive response if two human beings come lunging at you (Sterling) all of a sudden, while at that time yelling get down.

Kinda try ordering to get down , several times, before lunging at people - its called "startled reflex"(!). They get away by saying they were resistencing-- none of em were resistencing - they were intially responding to being jumped, then it escalates and then boom, dead, funeral, determined legal, and forgotten. Next..............

If anyone uses Twitter pls let CNN know about this, it needs to be covered so he goes to jail

Question: When they pay them off - can the cop still be charged, or can they blackmail the guy and say we will pay you if no charges are filed??

They don't have the best training methods

North Miamai police used mugshots of black men for target practice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...arget-practice-clergy-responded-usemeinstead/

utterly repulsive and yeh, we dont have a issue in AMerica with LE- the blinders are truly scary. If it weren't the disenfrahcised folks, cops would be in jail -- they just know there are no resources to be prosecuted
if they murder the poor moo
Imo, it seems the US is paying for LE to have the privilege to shoot people at will.

The truly scary thing about all this is that for some reason, despite everyone filming cops - thank god- cops have not seemed to caught on - the days of shooting, unarmed AA males are over.

But they keep doing it. Why not? None of them end up in prison for murder. I think the climate now tho, will finally move on and they will start putting them in prison.

The the others one ought to slow down on murdering young people.

I hope

But this one should not ba able to be paid off AND not charged. That is cop dance , oppss sorry, here is some money, and cop is not tried and put in jail.

messed up

Watch this wont be followed cause noone died how sad...........................

O/T

Yesterday - to protect and serve:

"You're on fire! You're on fire, stupid," an officer could be heard yelling when the man who tried to start the blaze had his leg briefly catch fire. He was then arrested for assaulting an officer, Williams said during an evening news conference, after trying to bat away police seeking to douse the flames.

That is professionial huh?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/cleveland-republican-convention-protests/index.html

while being O/T just broke

Police arrest 10 people suspected of planning terrorist acts during the Olympics, Brazil's Justice Ministry says.

I think we should petition Congress to add Xanex in with the chlorine in the nations water systems!

Come on guys - ya gotta admit that was funny - I certainly cracked myself up when it flew across my little brain!!

In most of these there is no overt threatening behavior by the people that are getting shot. Its kinda reflexive response if two human beings come lunging at you (Sterling) all of a sudden, while at that time yelling get down.

Kinda try ordering to get down , several times, before lunging at people - its called "startled reflex"(!). They get away by saying they were resistencing-- none of em were resistencing - they were intially responding to being jumped, then it escalates and then boom, dead, funeral, determined legal, and forgotten. Next..............

If anyone uses Twitter pls let CNN know about this, it needs to be covered so he goes to jail

Question: When they pay them off - can the cop still be charged, or can they blackmail the guy and say we will pay you if no charges are filed??

BBM on one of the threads here an LEO made a comment about officers focusing on the weapon (whether or not it was a gun) and they lose focus of what else is happening. They react to the weapon not to the situation or danger. Of everything I've read it makes the most sense - the officers react to this thing they think is about the kill them and they react to the perceived danger. If true that's one more thing we need to examine and fix.

Awesome CNN picked it up

[video=cnn;us/2016/07/21/miami-unarmed-man-shot-by-police-kinsey-pkg.wsvn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/miami-officer-involved-shooting/index.html[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back