733 users online (97 members and 636 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

True Crime Garage Podcast

True crime garage has released the first episode of a 3 part podcast on the WM3. Most episodes on this case are just basic information.
    TCG has brought up info that I've never heard before, like the possibility of urine in 2 of the boys stomach. Now I'm sure there is info out there I've never heard but I would think this "finding" would have been brought up before.
    IMO they actually are doing a decent job with just stating the timeline, however I sent them a message asking where they got their sources from.
    A lot of this case is hearsay (IMO) so I'm wondering what websites they actually visited since 99% of them are biased except for Callahan.
    I would love to discuss what others think of this episode.

ETA: Apparently they don't list sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

The urine thing is "out there" and has been for a while. There is no report that confirms such a thing. Not sure how the rumor got started, but that's all it is.

That's why I asked for their sources and they won't provide them.

What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

The urine came from a document (which is on Cally's, I've seen it before; just can't remember what it's called or where it is on there) written by Gitchell to the crime lab, requesting information/testing on certain items. One of the items he lists is the urine.

Also, perhaps related, there was a yellow stain/drop recovered on the one sock and on the eyelet of one of the shoes. This is confirmed -- however, it was never confirmed what the yellow stain was exactly.

Urine was never listed on the Perretti's autopsy report as being found in the stomachs, but the mystery stain on the sock/shoe and the mention of it by Gitchell himself on the report mentioned above has always given it traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    The urine came from a document (which is on Cally's, I've seen it before; just can't remember what it's called or where it is on there) written by Gitchell to the crime lab, requesting information/testing on certain items. One of the items he lists is the urine.

Also, perhaps related, there was a yellow stain/drop recovered on the one sock and on the eyelet of one of the shoes. This is confirmed -- however, it was never confirmed what the yellow stain was exactly.

Urine was never listed on the Perretti's autopsy report as being found in the stomachs, but the mystery stain on the sock/shoe and the mention of it by Gitchell himself on the report mentioned above has always given it traction.
    I found the document you are referring to: http://callahan.8k.com/images/ascl/g...5_26_93_02.jpg
    Apparently, it was Dr Perretti himself who mentioned the urine to Gitchell. This is strange, because, as you mentioned, there was no urine listed in the autopsy report!
    Also, I wonder why Dr Perretti would request water samples if he found urine in the stomachs? Would he do that to determine that the water in the ditch didn't contain urine?

I think he did that because, some sort of liquid was found in the boys' stomachs -- so he wanted to compare water samples to what was found in their stomachs. My best guess is, the liquid found was the same as the water sample he requested -- hence, why it was never mentioned thereafter (since they were found in the water source and since he listed the cause of death for two of the boys as "multiple injuries with drowning"); but again, that's strictly a guess. Why he initially thought it was urine, I don't know.

All 3 episodes are out now. They were pretty decent. It was mostly a long time line but I kind of like hearing that as opposed to people bringing up topics and arguing them to death.

I haven't listened to part 3 yet, but I don't really like it personally. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the OP bringing the topic up, but I'm noticing the hosts getting things wrong here and there -- for one example, they say Bryn Ridge found all 3 boys by going into the creek; this is inaccurate -- Allen accidentally fell into the creek while trying to reach a shoe, and fell onto MM. The hosts don't even mention Ridge at all. There are more things they get wrong like that, I just can't think of them now. Also, that Captain guy is just annoying and pointless. The first 2 parts are nothing new that you probably already didn't know.

I thought they were ok but like I said, I like how it's a timeline as opposed to them just bringing up topics like most other podcasts.
    I agree, they got a lot of info wrong. That's why I asked for their sources, which they wouldn't give me. They said it was combined research.
    They didn't even bring up the Natalie Maines lawsuit.

Yeah, that was weird how they wouldn't reveal where they obtained their information. They kept saying, "you can find it online," but why not just make it easy for people and say where you found it. No doubt they obtained the majority of their info from really the only place (next to jivepuppi) you can, which is Callahan's -- why they chose to not even give Cally's a shout-out seemed weird and unnecessary.

I don't think they searched through callahans. I think they watched the documentaries. The one guy said he read the Devils knot.

Hmmm . . . sounds like a mess to me!