856 users online (116 members and 740 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Totally in shock.....
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

KARE-11 says the crowd numbers are "thousands".

http://www.kare11.com/mb/news/castil...dict/449702298

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Thousands of people gathered on the steps of the Minnesota State Capitol Friday night after Jeronimo Yanez was acquitted of all charges in connection with the shooting death of Philando Castile.

Protesters held signs, banners, sang and chanted in response to the not guilty verdict in the case of Yanez, a former St. Anthony Police officer, who shot and killed Philando Castile during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights last July.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Mother of PC just said she hopes Yanez "die tonight". (Speaking about Yanez facing his maker/ God.) Very emotional, angry. Sister also spoke.
    This comment made my heart sink. I think I can understand where she is coming from. Raw emotion. If something were to happen to Yanez? I'm hoping Philandro's family can find some form of peace. Right now I'm not sure they can. I'm hoping the Twin Cities don't destroy themselves in the process.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dennis Ploussard says the jury was split 10-2 early this week in favor of acquittal for Officer Jeronimo Yanez, who was charged in the death of 32-year-old Philando Castile.

Ploussard says jurors spent a lot of time dissecting the "culpable negligence" requirement for conviction. He says the last two holdouts eventually agreed on acquittal.

Ploussard wouldn't identify the two holdouts, but says they were not the jury's only two black members.

Ploussard declined to say whether he thought Yanez acted appropriately. He says the jury sympathizes with the Castile family.
    http://www.kare11.com/news/juror-del...hard/449724253

Ar,ound 1500-2000 people marching in St. Paul on University Avenue. Green line (light rail) shut down partially between several stations. Some protestors spray painted buildinsgs. Most are peaceful, chanting carrying banners. (Per Fox 9 KMSP-- trouble posting link.)

Police have been preparing for weeks/ months for the verdict, and any potential unrest.

Here's a link:

http://www.fox9.com/news/262022893-story
    Last edited by K_Z; 06-16-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Crowd of marchers just spilled onto the freeway. Both sides appear blocked. I cannot believe law enforcement allowed this to happen. Again.

Zero surprise. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The police in this country are not about law enforcement. They are a group of people who operate above the law and do whatever they want, with almost total immunity. They pull people over and search their cars without warrants, in violation of the Fourth Amendment. They beat, torture, and kill men, women, children, and 99% of the time they are not even charged. This is just more empowerment for them to continue doing it, and they will. Nothing ever changes in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Crowd of marchers just spilled onto the freeway. Both sides appear blocked. I cannot believe law enforcement allowed this to happen. Again.
    They shouldn't be blocking the roads, it's counter productive, but honestly at this point, I don't blame them. What other recourse do they have? They can't get justice in our courts and people are saying racist hateful things left and right, such as "Good. Another black (self mod snip) killed."

The ignorance in this country sickens me.

Philando was a human being, with people who loved him and people are acting like his life was less than dirt. The price of his life shouldn't amount to "he didn't move fast enough," he "didn't follow the hysterical police officer's confusing orders exactly."

The only logical reason to take his life would be if he presented a legitimate threat. He shouldn't have been killed over an imaginary threat or killed because the officer thought he was going to do something. That was irresponsible and negligent on Yanez's part.

I see nothing in Philando's actions that presented a legitimate threat to Yanez's life and would have justified shooting him.

1) He did not threaten the officer.
    2) He did not draw his gun.
    3) He did not try to run away.
    4) He did not try to hit the officer.
    5) He did not even argue with the officer.

He DID NOT deserve to die over an irrational misunderstanding. No one's life should be treated that cheaply.

By the way, this post is not directed at you and I'm not insinuating that you believe any of those things. I'm just venting because of the sheer amount of hate I've come across in the last 12 hours whenever I look up anything regarding this case.
    Last edited by jkly; 06-17-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Eighteen arrested. Protests have majorly diminished, were nearly gone by Sunday - one small gathering in Minneapolis. Things are back to normal.

When I was a child, policemen were your friends. They drove around with open windows, talked to kids and residents. Things changed during the Civil Rights Era protests and haven't been the same since. Giving excess military supplies to police departments IMO has worsened the situation, making local LE feel they are super heroes. Many have become over-anxious, just waiting for a chance to try this equipment. Unfortunately, many times those in the way be damned.

http://kstp.com/news/juror-yanez-tri...4516571/?cat=1

Juror perspective. Says state did not prove case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Totally in shock.....
    Yep. Not really shocked but outraged and sad. I couldn't even open this thread until now. I've been devastated.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
    Zero surprise. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The police in this country are not about law enforcement. They are a group of people who operate above the law and do whatever they want, with almost total immunity. They pull people over and search their cars without warrants, in violation of the Fourth Amendment. They beat, torture, and kill men, women, children, and 99% of the time they are not even charged. This is just more empowerment for them to continue doing it, and they will. Nothing ever changes in this country.
    I agree with you that way too many police officers are like this. But I don't think all of them are. The ones like Philando's murderer are definitely unqualified at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

They had audio and video. What more did they need?

"We thought he was an honest man, and I'm sure for the rest of his life he's going to remember this. He's got to live with it," Schultz said.
    This part annoyed me. Wasn't he caught in a couple of lies?

That aside, I don't think Yanez was evil. I think he profiled Castile, when he stopped the car, he was under the erroneous impression that he may be dealing with an armed robber and he flipped out.

That's why he was charged with involuntary manslaughter, not first degree murder. Honestly, I don't care if he was "scared." He needs to back up that fear with evidence that his life was actually in danger.

Apparently like the Zimmerman jury, the jurors refused to hold him responsible because, hey it was a life lesson.

I don't see how someone who showed not a shred of remorse is capable of learning their lesson.

Schultz says there was discussion that if Yanez faced lesser charges, some of the jurors would have stuck with guilty. But Schultz stresses they had to follow the case based on the charges presented.
    I'm so sick of hearing this crap from juries. There WERE other charges. He was also charged with two counts of dangerous discharge of a fire arm. Didn't one of the bullets go into the back seat near where the four year old was? The jury didn't want to hold him responsible for that either or did they think they had to convict him of all or nothing?
    Last edited by jkly; 06-19-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    I agree with you that way too many police officers are like this. But I don't think all of them are. The ones like Philando's murderer are definitely unqualified at the very least.

I agree. There are also a lot of brave, responsible police officers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

Schultz says there was discussion that if Yanez faced lesser charges, some of the jurors would have stuck with guilty. But Schultz stresses they had to follow the case based on the charges presented
    What the hell lesser charges would they have charge him with? This woman doesn't even understand that involuntary manslaughter is a lesser charge. They could have and should have charge him with murder. If a jury doesn't want to find someone guilty, no amount of evidence will be enough to find them guilty, and no charge will be less enough to find them guilty. This jury wouldn't have found a cop guilty of a parking violation, even if there was photographic evidence that the cop illegally parked, witnesses that the cop parked illegally, and the cop testified and admitted that he parked is car in a no parking zone. These type of people make cops an elite class of people in this country, who are totally above the law. If you want to commit crimes, and get away with it, all you have to do is become a cop.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast