CO - Christina Archuleta, burned alive, Clear Creek County, 18 June 2016 *Arrest*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

Archuleta was flown to University Hospital in Aurora after the incident on June 18 in which she suffered third-degree burns on about 60 percent of her body, mostly on her torso. She underwent numerous surgeries over the past month (...)

Vangie said Archuleta was in a medically-induced coma, facing multiple surgeries and skin grafts. Her body had shut down.

John Anthony Vasquez, 32 of Arvada, will be charged with murder, Assistant District Attorney Heidi McCollum announced Thursday afternoon. He is being held on $2 million bond.

(...)

During interviews with investigators, one of the boys said Vasquez and Archuleta got into a fight on June 16 and that Vasquez “kicked her and she punched him in the face, splitting his lip,” according to the affidavit.

(...)

One of the boys said “he saw John pour gas on his mom and light her on fire near one of her shoulders using a blue lighter, then John stood there and laughed,” according to the affidavit.

The boy told investigators he saw Vasquez kicking dirt onto the victim. One of the sons called 911 and said, “Johnny spilled gasoline on mom and lit a lighter.”
http://kdvr.com/2016/07/21/woman-allegedly-set-on-fire-by-boyfriend-at-campsite-dies/

John Anthony Vasquez arrest affidavit: https://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/vasquez-affidavit.pdf

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 147
oh my gosh, that poor woman, the poor kids. :(

First-degree murder charge filed against Arvada man accused of setting woman ablaze

John Vasquez, 32, was initially accused of attempted murder in the case before Christina Archuleta died on July 20 of her injuries. The new charges were filed July 27, prosecutors say.

“The penalty for first-degree murder is life without the possibility of parole,” Bruce Brown, 5th Judicial District Attorney, said in a statement. “The charges reflect that the incident was a premeditated act.

I hope somebody in jail beats him up every chance they get! I know that sounds horrible, but what he did to Tina, and ultimately, her boys is cruel and sadistic, and the only break he deserves would be someplace on his body. Her poor sons will have that horrendous memory the rest of their lives. My dad was six years old when he saw his four year old cousin get kicked in the chest by a mule. She died, and he never forgot it.

Poor Tina for the hell this a-hole put her through, and her young children. How do you survive after seeing your mom being so viciously burned? OMG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back