Germany - Shooting at Munich shopping centre, 22 July 2016

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Shots have been fired at a shopping centre in Munich this afternoon, resulting in multiple deaths.

A major police operation has begun in the German city, according to local media reports.

People were seen running from the shopping mall to get away from the incident after hearing gunshots.

The area around the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre in the district of Moosach has been sealed off as emergency services try to control the situation.

One picture on social media shows a man lying on the ground with a blanket over him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation

Conflicting reports of number of deaths & injuries. Sky news UK

On a Friday afternoon, after 3 o'clock.
Let's hope that this is someone else.
Might make a nice changer for a change.

I am soooo sick and tired of this!

Just watching this now too. I'm with you ZaZara, it has to stop. This is getting insane.

There is a picture being circulated about the shooting in the shopping mall.
Please check!

This one dates from 2015. Another shooting. Another mall. (Johannesburg, South Africa)

http://news.sky.com/story/multiple-deaths-in-munich-mall-shooting-10509732

The Muencher Abendzeitung newspaper is reporting that up to 15 people have been killed in the shooting, while the German NTV says 10 people have possibly died.

A witness live-streaming from outside the mall said: "(The gunman) ran into the underground station. Police are looking for him. I don't have a description of the shooter."

BBM

Did the armed shooter get on the train??? Then we haven't seen the end of this ....

Sky News UK - reports more than one shooter involved. Fatalities & injuries not yet confirmed.

various sources, unconfirmed:

More shootings at Karlsplatz Stachus in #Munich city center.

Shira Rubin ‏@shira_rubin
Reporter on Israel/Palestine, Middle East. Bylines @USAToday @TheAtlantic @theDailyBeast

#BREAKING another shooter at #munich mall, potential organized terror attack. media estimating 10-15 casualties tho unconfirmed by police

BBM

:(

My Mum is 80, paralyzed and has difficulty speaking. I went across to her house this afternoon, she was watching the news and she managed to say "nobody injured today" I said "huh?" She meant no terror attacks, or mass shootings or LE officers being shot, stories on the news.

Almost Mum, almost. Sad, scary times

various sources, unconfirmed:

More shootings at Karlsplatz Stachus in #Munich city center.

CNN person speaking from Germany talking about 3 possible shootings locations unconfirmed.

Munich police - avoid public areas in Munich

Sky news UK report of second shooting situation at Metro Station

CNN person speaking from Germany talking about 3 possible shootings locations unconfirmed.

Munich police - avoid public areas in Munich

Near McDonalds.
This is reportedly one of them (video):

[video=twitter;756540849421422593]https://twitter.com/nbbrk/status/756540849421422593[/video]

Breaking:

Multiple shooters at multiple locations in #Munich according to @cnni

BBM

Just another day in terror land. Hope police take them down!!! This will never stop.

Absolutely disgusting and depraved. I am so tired of this. We stand with France and Germany. Thoughts and prayers are with them right now and hoping the perp(s) NEUTRALIZED stat!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back