Texas Officer says Blacks Have "Violent Tendencies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlynn

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-shows-white-cop-in-violent-confrontation-with-black-motorist/

"I've become fearful to live my life," King told the newspaper. "I would rather stay home. I've become afraid of the people who are supposed to protect me and take care of me."

In one of two videos, Officer Patrick Spradlin is heard talking to King, who was pulled over for speeding, about race while driving her to jail.

"Why are so many people afraid of black people?" Spradlin asks.

King replies that she is also trying to figure that out.

"I can give you a really good idea why it might be that way," he said. "Violent tendencies."

Spradlin goes on to say that "I don't blame" white people for being afraid because of violence in the black community. "Some of them, because of their appearance and whatnot, some of them are very intimidating," he says.

The newspaper identified King as an elementary school teacher. Her attorney did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

So sick of this. :mad:

I'm really sick of this too, my AA husband sits in front of the News every night and every story that comes on that is a murder, robbery ,etc. He will sit and repeat " Please don't let them be black , please don't let them be black" because he knows that every time they are it somehow reflects on him ....its beyond downright depressing.

I'm really sick of this too, my AA husband sits in front of the News every night and every story that comes on that is a murder, robbery ,etc. He will sit and repeat " Please don't let them be black , please don't let them be black" because he knows that every time they are it somehow reflects on him ....its beyond downright depressing.

:hug: to both of you.

Imo - the so called 'LE training' needs not only a review but scrutinizing from a major 'think tank'. This thinking and or perception did not happen all by itself to individual people.

Historically a large group of people can be led to do the unthinkable. Imo, that is what has happened in the US over a long period of time.

Imo - the so called 'LE training' needs not only a review but scrutinizing from a major 'think tank'. This thinking and or perception did not happen all by itself to individual people.

Historically a large group of people can be led to do the unthinkable. Imo, that is what has happened in the US over a long period of time.

Agreed !

Ugh honey. I know the feeling.. my children and grandsons are black. As a blonde blue eyed woman , I find myself saying the same thing as your husband. Peace and love to you both.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I read about this yesterday at MyStatesman and watched both videos and didn't feel at the time that I could handle another one. In any case looking at it again today, I just realized that the actual incident took place a year ago!!!

“The traffic stop happened in June 2015 but wasn't made public until the Austin American-Statesman published the video Thursday. Acevedo called a news conference hours later and said both officers have been taken off street patrol and are on desk duty pending new internal investigations, which he said will include both officers' conduct in the year since the incident.”​

So, what's been going on for the last year?

MyStatesman (4 free articles)

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

“Video from the previously unreported June 2015 incident was obtained by the American-Statesman and KVUE-TV this week. The video shows the traffic stop escalating rapidly in the seven seconds from when officer Bryan Richter, who is white, first gives a command to 26-year-old Breaion King to close her car door to when he forcibly removes her from the driver’s seat, pulls her across a vacant parking space and hurls her to the asphalt.

Richter wrote in his report of the incident that he acted quickly because King demonstrated an “uncooperative attitude” and was “reaching for the front passenger side of the vehicle.” He didn’t know whether she had a weapon, he wrote. He said King resisted by pulling away from him and wrapping her hands and arms around the steering wheel.

Police charged King with resisting arrest, but the Travis County attorney dismissed the case after reviewing the police dashcam video.”​

More...

This video just sickened me. Ms. King is so small and lanky and he throws her around like a rag doll. It's outrageous!! And who did the first investigation that left these two bozos on the force????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have encountered people elsewhere on the Internet with the same attitude. When I dispute their notion that blacks naturally have violent tendencies, I'm told I have my head in the sand. They support their claims by stating there are 100's of videos on Youtube of blacks fighting. Ummm....I've gone to high school and college with, worked with, and lived among many black people and yet I can think of none who've had "violent tendencies." But, apparently I have my head buried in the sand because I don't search Youtube for certain videos. :eek:hwow:

It's unacceptable to allow people with the same ignorant misconceptions in positions authority, when they are supposed to protect everyone in society. There seems to be a vicious cycle in this country, fueled in part by a lot of ignorance.

I have encountered people elsewhere on the Internet with the same attitude. When I dispute their notion that blacks naturally have violent tendencies, I'm told I have my head in the sand. They support their claims by stating there are 100's of videos on Youtube of blacks fighting. Ummm....I've gone to high school and college with, worked with, and lived among many black people and yet I can think of none who've had "violent tendencies." But, apparently I have my head buried in the sand because I don't search Youtube for certain videos. :eek:hwow:

It's unacceptable to allow people with the same ignorant misconceptions in positions authority, when they are supposed to protect everyone in society. There seems to be a vicious cycle in this country, fueled in part by a lot of ignorance.

Which means that the cops share the same attitude as internet racist trolls. It’s kind of ironic too, considering all the thousands of YouTube videos of cops displaying their violent tendencies.

I am judgmental. It's what has kept me alive.

Which means that the cops share the same attitude as internet racist trolls. It’s kind of ironic too, considering all the thousands of YouTube videos of cops displaying their violent tendencies.

I've seen some of those videos. Terrifying. A lot like this one, honestly.

Attitudes like this in what should have been a simple stop it's not hard to see how the attitude can interfere in any interaction between LEOs and AAs. I have no doubt the officer in this video believes what he said. I doubt this is the first time he's treated someone like this and I doubt it's the first time he's said something like this.

:mad:

I've seen some of those videos. Terrifying. A lot like this one, honestly.

Attitudes like this in what should have been a simple stop it's not hard to see how the attitude can interfere in any interaction between LEOs and AAs. I have no doubt the officer in this video believes what he said. I doubt this is the first time he's treated someone like this and I doubt it's the first time he's said something like this.

:mad:

Correct me if I'm wrong. The statement "blacks have violent tendencies" was made by an officer transporting her to jail, not the arresting officer.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The statement "blacks have violent tendencies" was made by an officer transporting her to jail, not the arresting officer.

It’s the context. The US is a very racist country. That believe is common among police officers, as well as the general white population. People don’t even try to hide their racist beliefs. Case in point, the cop in the video. Which explains why the relationship between the police and the black community, is what it is.

It’s the context. The US is a very racist country. That believe is common among police officers, as well as the general white population. People don’t even try to hide their racist beliefs. Case in point, the cop in the video. Which explains why the relationship between the police and the black community, is what it is.

The officer wouldn't have treated her like that if he thought it was going to be a problem and the officer wouldn't have made the comment if he thought it was going to be a problem. How did they know? Who is keeping them safe and why?

I don't believe any race is inherently more or less violent than other races. I think there is more violence in many black communities because of many different factors. If that makes someone a racist for saying that, so be it.

The officer wouldn't have treated her like that if he thought it was going to be a problem and the officer wouldn't have made the comment if he thought it was going to be a problem. How did they know? Who is keeping them safe and why?

I follow a lot of BLM folks on Twitter and they've been trying to get some traction on publicising how police unions protect their members, to the detriment of the protection of the society that police are meant to serve. Police who have tried to blow the whistle on racism and brutality in the force tend to end up sacked.

the problem with the rules of this forum is that only MSM links count, and guess what? This stuff isn't IN the US MSM. But here's a blog post as an example. http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/...ts-officer-for-exposing-racism-in-department/

Here is MSM but about a similar situation in the UK, just to show it's a thing that happens. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...icers-blowing-whistle-on-racism-a6795036.html

I don't believe any race is inherently more or less violent than other races. I think there is more violence in many black communities because of many different factors. If that makes someone a racist for saying that, so be it.

Racist attitudes by LE lead to higher rates of arrest and conviction - doesn't mean whites aren't doing terrible violent things, they're just more likely to get off (if they're charged in the first place).

And the social problems in some ethnic communities are largely caused by long-held, deeply entrenched racism and prejudice on an institutional level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni