Resolved WY - Uinta Co., WhtMale UP10332, 63-68, two rings, homicide, Aug'88 - n/a

rats

Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.
Reaction score
NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10332

DoeNet: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2130umwy.html

Case File: 2130UMWY
The Doe Network
2130umwy.jpg
2130umwy_2.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim

[h=1]Unidentified Male[/h]Date of Discovery: August 20, 1988
Location of Discovery: Unita County, Wyoming
Estimated Date of Death: One month prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide
[h=5]Physical Description[/h]** Listed information is approximateEstimated Age: 63-68 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'7" to 5'9"
Weight: 155-175 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: mtDNA available at UNT (ref #12-2481).
[h=5]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: All clothing was removed except for socks and white jockey shorts.
Jewelry: Gold ring (size large) with a black or gray colored oval stone and three diamonds inlaid along one side of stone. Small silver ring with three small stones. Citizens quartz watch.
Additional Personal Items: Small pocket knife with two blades and a white handle.
[h=5]Case History[/h]The victim's partially decomposed body was discovered in an uninhabited desert area in Uinta County, 30 yards from a dirt road and eight tenths of a mile from a paved oil field haul road.
The victim died from a single blow to the head with a hammer-type object. His hands had been severed with a shotgun and placed in a 10 inch well casing.
[h=5]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Uinta County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 307-789-2860

Agency Case Number: ME: 88-8359
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #10332
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
[h=5]Information Source(s)[/h]NamUs

DNA, dentals, and fingerprints are all in NamUs.

One rule out:

Larry Morris 1949 Wyoming

I spoke to Doug Matthews of the Uinta Co Sheriffs Office - he confirms this John Doe is still unidentified and that he will pass on information for the DNA Doe Project to the proper investigators. (He also mentioned they recently ID’d another Uinta Co John)

Leaving this here because I feel it's important to JD's case and might be a possible ID for him (though I'm probably getting my hopes up).
Wyoming Sheriff's Office Asks Public for Information
The Uinta County Sheriff's Office wants to speak with anyone who may have employed, worked with or otherwise known Everett McMillan in or around Uinta County during the mid to late 1980s.

McMillan was born in 1923, according to Sgt. Brooke Hale.
JD's estimated age range is 63-68, and his year of birth would have to be around the 1920's. McMillan was born in 1923 and that would put his age around 65 when JD was found. This would match up to JD's estimated age range. If you compare the photos of Everett to JD's reconstruction they have a very uncanny resemblance. The Uinta County sheriff's office said they'll be releasing more information soon so I'll be keeping a close eye on the news when that information is released. Crossing my fingers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back